[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played some ME3 MP this weekend was fun. Got a bit crazy and played the single player game... and redid the ending..... my reaction after "making the choice"

Still in ME2, but I'm almost at the end. I'm curious if I get to keep the scars in ME3:

Also, finished Shadow Broker DLC last night... You know, I had my Shepard moved on from Liara, she'd become some weird info seller bitch, and I was gonna let my Shep "blow off some steam" with Garrus whenever he got around to doing his research.

But then, there were options and even my Renegade Shepard couldn't break that. Thanks to my wife for inspiration to my making this:

Renegade Shep couldn't break that. The whole scene was really sweet, as were "drinks" in the Normandy later. Sorry, Garrus.

And then I realize this is all going to burn so bad when I reach the end of ME3 and Bioware takes a big goddamn shit all over everything.

The more I play, the more I get why people are so pissed. When I see others' pics and videos, and even the official ME trailers, I just see some guy. That isn't Shepard for me. And likely most people feel that way--whoever's on there isn't their Shepard. Might be wrong gender, wrong skin color, wrong hairstyle, wrong morality, wrong lover...

I feel Casey Hudson entirely lost sight of that over the years and that's why he did the stupid thing he did with the ending.

Casey Hudson is apparently a bit of a sociopath and can't empathize with other people. To him, apparently, the ending was perfectly fine.

North_Ranger

Staff member
To me, the ending is THE main reason why I decided to skip purchasing ME3.

Not the fact that I had never played a shooter before.
Nor that I would not get the results I so craved without ME1 and ME2.
Nor that I'm a complete moron when it comes to online purchases and DLCs.

The ending.

I mean, I fell in love with the characters and their stories. Mordin's quirkiness, Tali and Legion as spokespeople for their warring peoples, Liara's vulnerability, Grunt's tale and Wrex's rise from a lone merc into a great leader, even Jack's all-purpose bitchiness. I remember Mordin's songs, Tali and the living room window, Thane's final words... all such glorious, spine-chilling moments that some of them brought a tear to the corner of my eye.

Aaaaand then all that is finished off with the huge dump of pyjak s*it that is the ending.

I mean, it's still a good game with a cool story until the ending.

And even then, the internet whining basically worked so you'll get the fixing dlc anyway.

The whole game past the point of no return is awful.

Kai Leng is the single worst part of the game in my opinion. He's so much worse than the ending.

I mean, it's still a good game with a cool story until the ending.

And even then, the internet whining basically worked so you'll get the fixing dlc anyway.
I was kinda disappointed with parts of the game, too. No worlds to wander on unless there's a mission. I know, I know, you're pressed for time what with the fate of the world and all, but it just felt so claustrophobic after games where you could go to various planets and march around, visit people, gain quests... Everything 'side questy' was either resolved on-planet or came from the Citadel. I really missed the freedom while playing.

All legitimate points. I guess I just don't get NR here. Then again, I didn't viciously hate the ending like a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, I hated it. It was bad and it should feel bad, but it didn't ruin everything for me.

Just finished ME2, waiting for "From Ashes" DLC to finish downloading before starting ME3.

Ahem. HOLY SHIT.

Jacob died and I don't care, but poor Tali... She went disloyal on me because I took Legion's side after his mission. I thought that's why she died, but we looked it up later, and it turned out I picked a poor squad leader in Grunt. I thought he'd do me proud.

Poor, sweet Tali. You died angry with me and there's nothing I can do.

Bioware put a shit-ton of effort into the climax of both ME and ME2. ME2 doesn't exactly have the satisfying ending of ME1 for obvious reasons, but the care and attention to detail they took with what went into it and how personalized the outcomes are is amazing and impressive. I give them a lot of credit for doing what they did and taking all these variables into account. Makes the end different for everyone.

If only they'd put that kind of effort into the end of ME3.

Terrible ending aside, I will say that there's a point in the middle of ME3 that brought me to tears. I had to take a break after it, it was powerful.

"It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

Terrible ending aside, I will say that there's a point in the middle of ME3 that brought me to tears. I had to take a break after it, it was powerful.

"It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."
Didn't take a break, but, man. That scene was definitely well done. Mordin and Wrex are probably my favourite characters, so it was a ton of fun and excitement for me to play that arc, where Mordin can finally make up for past sins, and Wrex can make his people whole. Huge emotional impact.

Didn't take a break, but, man. That scene was definitely well done. Mordin and Wrex are probably my favourite characters, so it was a ton of fun and excitement for me to play that arc, where Mordin can finally make up for past sins, and Wrex can make his people whole. Huge emotional impact.
Have you done the renegade path for that mission? It's so strange to see Mordin angry and lash out. And of course, if you follow through with the renegade action... well, then you're just heartless. *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.