London Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy having real police officers on our boards, who can post from experience and put things straight.

Note: I am only acknowledging these very specific police officers as on my exception list.

That makes me feel gushy but I was wrong about the flyer sadly. News reports say they're real. They are just slightly changed from an earlier version of the exact same flyer.

I think it's pretty awesome that Charlie likes to get offended when someone mentions liking the way a female actor or celebrity looks but seems to be totally cool with rioters burning down small businesses, some of which have stood for centuries, in London.

Sometimes I want to believe that he actually believes what he writes, but 9/10 it really just comes off as "against the grain" simply to be "against the grain" and rile people up. I'm starting to compare him, mentally, to Westboro....

I agree, the fact that they shot first totally validates the destruction of innocent property and endangerment of lives :)

Edit:
Ninjaed by the popo!

Always keeping the brown woman down!!

I have to say, this made me smile. even with all this going on, some things don't change.

tea up!

the first comment on reddit was great too. "you're supposed to put the milk in AFTERWARDS! i know theres riots on, but some things are just not DONE''

and yes thats tea being served on a riot shield.
my friend works at a greggs a few miles from ealing tomorrow, i hope he's ok.
btw DA, still in hospital, thanks for asking. not riot related, so i'll be brief. the wifi's here block irc and the like, but i should be out tomorrow, for a few days at least. sudden discovery of anemia.

Every country with a AAA credit rating has Universal Healthcare.
Because you just like repeating memes, here's what I learned in 5 minutes of research.

And a tonne of other countries with Universal Healthcare don't have an AAA credit rating.

Japan AA-
Belgium AA+
Kuwait AA
Bahrain BBB
Slovenia AA
Ireland BBB+
Italy A+
Portugal BBB-
Cyprus BBB+
Spain AA
Israel AA-

Which leads me to believe that credit rating has nothing to do with Universal Healthcare access.

The important part of that isn't that Universal Healthcare magically gives a AAA credit rating.

It's that the United States' broken private system is part of the unholy mess that prevents them from having a AAA credit rating. The USA might regain AAA without universal healthcare anyways, though.

Yet that isn't the context in which you posted that, is it? You were clearly tying the two together till it was proven false.

C'mon kiddo, just bite the bullet when your troll falls short. I usually use a winky face. Troll bait loves winky faces.

The important part of that isn't that Universal Healthcare magically gives a AAA credit rating.

It's that the United States' broken private system is part of the unholy mess that prevents them from having a AAA credit rating. The USA might regain AAA without universal healthcare anyways, though.
So the point you're trying to make is that you just post things without understanding what you're posting or caring what you're posting. Gotcha.

Westboro.

The last riot in Texas was 1943. Want to know why?

Because you'll get fucking shot if you try to break into someone else's property. Makes sense, no?

Whatever happened to just shooting looters on sight?
That's a little hard when you live in a nation where very few civilians have guns. Also, if the police started using that kind of force, it wouldn't play well on the news the following day. The story wouldn't be "Police defend city from looters", it would be "Police massacre unarmed mob".

I have no idea, I would assume they'd have long barrel guns as I don't know a single farmer that doesn't. It's kind of a farm necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.