London Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you Gas. I couldn't have worded it better myself! With that said. Check out that Saar video I posted it's a stock for an ar 15 that makes it super easy to bump fire with accuracy

Lets be absurd, then. Nuclear warheads for all.
I'd argue that such a weapon is comparable to a cannon during the 1700's, which wouldn't be carried or owned by a soldier but rather the army/militia they were a part of. It would clearly fall outside of the "weapon a soldier would own" view.

We should probably restrict minorities from owning guns, since when the Constitution was written blacks were considered 3/5ths a person.
I can show you where that has been changed in the Constitution. On the other hand, you can't show me any change to the 2nd Amendment.

We should probably restrict minorities from owning guns, since when the Constitution was written blacks were considered 3/5ths a person.
Actually concealed carry laws in some states discourage poor people from applying because they are expensive to get. Texas for example requires a 140 dollar training class plus another 140 for the license. Some states are more expensive. Some states like California restrict concealed licenses to only people the state feels deserves them

I can show you where that has been changed in the Constitution. On the other hand, you can't show me any change to the 2nd Amendment.
Yes, but it's being used as an argument for not making a change. "Because X says so" is a terrible argument, and I think I've done alright showing why.

Strangely twice. Once when it eliminates slavery (3/5ths provision applies to everyone except Free persons (which include indentured servents) and tax-free indians), and then again when it explicitly changes how the house is apportioned.

C

Chibibar

Actually concealed carry laws in some states discourage poor people from applying because they are expensive to get. Texas for example requires a 140 dollar training class plus another 140 for the license. Some states are more expensive. Some states like California restrict concealed licenses to only people the state feels deserves them
Ah but that is to carry CONCEALED gun. In Texas, you can have a shotgun without a license in your home. Technically, you could walk in the street with a shotgun, but that will likely get you shot by the police but technically not illegal. (at least I don't remember the law change)
Now the fuzzy part is that while you can walk around with a gun, it is against the law to bring gun into a building that are restricted (like restaurants, government buildings, public building like libraries and such)

Unless ur inur car our house a concealed license is the only way to carry a handgun in Texas. Rifles and shotguns can be carried though as you stated

Don't own one, though someday I'd like a bolt action .22 for range practice. Always enjoyed shooting those in Scouts.
You know, I don't own one either. In fact I've never been a gun guy. Ever. I've always kind of been... uncomfortable with them. Until my buddies took me to a shooting range. It was a surprising amount of fun. And once we moved up to the .45? Hodang. That was sweet. I could totally see me owning a nice pistol for the shooting range. Would I use it for home defense? Probably not. Unless I felt like we were in some serious danger it would be responsibly locked up and away.

GasBandit

Staff member
A soldier doesn't carry an ICBM. A soldier doesn't carry a howitzer. A soldier doesn't carry a tank. You could have chosen a much more apt example rather than going for the nukes, such as - a lot of people would consider an RPG (or SMAW) to be ridiculous for private ownership yet soldiers DO carry them. We could dicker back and forth about that, if you wanted.

Anyway, the 3/5ths compromise is not valid because it was nullified by amendment. If we nullify the right to keep and bear arms via constitutional amendment, that'll be different too.

(Funny ass version) No, wait, it's easy... they can only own 3/5ths of a gun!

C

Chibibar

Unless ur inur car our house a concealed license is the only way to carry a handgun in Texas. Rifles and shotguns can be carried though as you stated
that is why I capitalize concealed gun :) you are correct. Handgun cannot be carried in the street (easy to concealed). You can have a shotgun in your car without a license. (or a rifle)
the law limit the automatic. So you can have a semi-automatic AK-47 in your truck in Texas ;) (pushing it but technically legal)

Not pushing it at all you could walk down the street with one on your back and it's legal. Just have to watch for schools because of the gfsz law that is stupid because it prevents nothing

GasBandit

Staff member
I came across this and just had to share it, after wiping tears of laughter out of my eyes...

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The HELLGLOCK.

C

Chibibar

I came across this and just had to share it, after wiping tears of laughter out of my eyes...

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The HELLGLOCK.

LOL. I am trying to think if this is even possible in Shadowrun world (where you can get some seriously interesting gun) I think you can fire that baby ONCE and it will fall apart ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
LOL. I am trying to think if this is even possible in Shadowrun world (where you can get some seriously interesting gun) I think you can fire that baby ONCE and it will fall apart ;)
More like a single pull of the trigger will set off a neutron bomb which will selectively kill all babies, women, and minorities within a 10 mile radius.

Just to be curious, how many people here own a gun? And how many of those have actually prevented a burglary with it (or saved their own lives with it, etc. etc.)?
I am a gun owner. I have several. Handguns from .22S up to .44Mag*, long guns from .22S/LR up through 12gauge. They are all functional, yet I use them perhaps once a year, at most. I handload my own (.357/.38SPL, .44SPL/Mag) ammunition, which gives me a certain flexibility (when I'm not being lazy).

-I have been robbed while working overnight at a convenience store. The dude was significantly larger than I, and he was only after the cigarettes. He shoved me out of the way, grabbed several cartons while warning me that I should not interfere, and then fled to a car in the parking lot next door. I followed at enough distance to be able to safely get a look at the vehicle but dropped immediately to the ground (behind the berm) when I noticed that it was occupied by another person.
-I have been menaced by a coworker while at this same job (which I left a long time ago, duh). This person intimidated me over the intercom, came behind the counter in full motorcycle gear (helmet and leathers) and berated me for putting the moves on his girlfriend (they're both certifiably crazy and completely deserve whatever they do to one another, btw). He loudly roughed up the displays a bit and left when I did not engage him.

In both cases, I was in possession of a legally licensed (and loaded) handgun. But in neither case did I brandish it, nor did I ever even make a move to wield it. In neither situation did I feel at any time like my life was being directly threatened, and I was completely unconcerned about any property damage and/or loss. I carried it for exactly one reason, and that reason was to protect my personal life and safety. As there was no point where either was threatened, there was therefore no point where I needed to reach for it nor even hint at its existence. Had there been a situation where I felt my survival might have been in question, things might have gone differently, but that was never tested. I have never regretted these choices of (in)action, not even once.

I feel that I meet the criterion of being "responsible enough" to bear arms. I point to the above (at minimum!) as evidence. I wince visibly when I think about how recent news events are going to make it harder for me to reassure authorities that I am worthy...that I am one of the "good guys."

Also, Re: London, this:

Right now, guns are not our biggest problem.

--Patrick
*Including a very early model 4" Python (exactly like this one). I love that thing.

S&W 5946 is the RCMP's sidearm of choice. It's heavy, has the stopping power of a BB gun and we all hate it.

Nothing beats the beauty and reliability of a 1911 there's a reason why the design and function is 100 years old and still popular.

S&W 5946 is the RCMP's sidearm of choice. It's heavy, has the stopping power of a BB gun and we all hate it.
Weren't they discontinued a few years ago? What is the RCMP doing to replace those?

Either way, beyond being heavy the 5946 is easy to maintain and is fairly accurate. Normal duty don't require a whole lot of stopping power.

The Glock 22 is sexy. I got one... as a BB gun. :)

Yeah, there isn't a one of us that wouldn't trade it for a glock in a second. And the RCMP has warehouses of the fucking things. We'll be stuck with them for probably another decade or longer. We'll have patrol rifles before we get new sidearms and they've been debating patrol rifles for the better part of 15 years now.
Added at: 02:25
Normal duty don't require a whole lot of stopping power.
I couldn't disagree more. We don't need magnums, but 9 mm are a step above pop guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.