[Announcement] Like limits.

@Bowielee is right. I don't see the logic in breaking a system that works fine for most of the users when a handful are being a problem and could be limited individually. I'm also a little concerned that this whole process went from "there is a problem" to "I'll fix it with code" without ever considering the "asking the troublemakers to stop" step.

I'm also a little concerned that this whole process went from "there is a problem" to "I'll fix it with code" without ever considering the "asking the troublemakers to stop" step.
I think the "please stop making trouble" has been mostly private. Nothing antagonizes more than calling someone out in public. When has Teacher calling a bully out in front of the whole school to tell him "you're not being very nice. Shake hands and be a good boy now!" ever worked out? :p

Well...that is what it's all about!

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs.

I think the "please stop making trouble" has been mostly private. Nothing antagonizes more than calling someone out in public. When has Teacher calling a bully out in front of the whole school to tell him "you're not being very nice. Shake hands and be a good boy now!" ever worked out? :p
I have called out the bully in public, and threatened him with utter destruction, and it has worked.

See, teaching has its perks! :awesome:

Well...that is what it's all about!

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs.
You hear that, @Dave? We're taking over.

I had a professor who literally layed down on the floor and started crying to make her students feel bad. To be fair, they were terrible students, and it did work.

NEW RULE: If you spam anyone with likes you are forced into an automatic webcam chat with Dave. He will cry for an hour while he drinks from his gigantic tub of lemonade. Or maybe he's in a tub of lemonade. It's unclear. Point is, you're fucked.

NEW RULE: If you spam anyone with likes you are forced into an automatic webcam chat with Dave. He will cry for an hour while he drinks from his gigantic tub of lemonade. Or maybe he's in a tub of lemonade. It's unclear. Point is, you're fucked.
Can he be mauled by his cat while he does this?

I honestly just want to see this film now. In my head there's a soundtrack with an accordion, and a mime is occasionally walking through the background, pausing to mock him dramatically.

Zappit

Staff member
All this like/dislike nonsense. We're getting to be as bad as Facebook.

We are not Facebook. God willing, we are not Facebook.