Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jake said:
GasBandit said:
Sounds to me like you inadvertently

Inadvertently fail at image linking?
Shows what I get for trusting shitty photobucket. Imageshack all the way. I copied and pasted the exact code they provided for forum linking the image. Fixed now via the tinypic upload widget.

stienman said:
You can have it cheap (low cost)
You can have it fast (high performance and/or full of features)
You can have it now (short development time)

Pick two.
That was our saying in the video/dvd/tv world as well.
Although I never met a client who didn't decide they could get all 3. :eyeroll:

C

Chummer

I inadvertently woke up in the matrix? Well that explains everything.

;)

GasBandit

Staff member
Let me put it another way. I made the following image many a year ago to post on the image forum when a then-user named Despanan posted a similar thread about having left his job at a theater company whilst it was in the midst of imploding... Somebody didn't understand his story and posted "Sucks that you got fired dude." I banged this out quickly to explain to the poster that Despanan, while naturally upset about the loss of the job, realized he was better off not going down in flames with the theater.

Change the above names to "Chummer" and "His Bitchy Psycho Fuckbuddy" and I think we have an accurate portrayal here, too. The pilot, while not happy with the loss of the plane, is far better off now. Chummer, while not happy with the loss of someone he considered a friend, is also better off now.

L

Le Quack

I got nothin against orgies or drugs, but god damn this bitch needs to get off her high (get it?) horse.

Just hope she finds the "goal oriented" "bad boy" that she wants...

Then maybe you can catch her on an episode of COPS, wanting them to arrest the bastard.

C

chakz

Kissinger said:
Let me give you a bit of advice: Consider your behavior and her criticisms honestly and openly. Take this as an opportunity to change yourself for the better. Obviously she saw something that made her make those criticisms and perhaps made some accurate observations. Don't just blow this off as being from some crazy dumb *. You were friends with her for years and so obviously you had respect for her opinions before this all went down.

Also, if you kept hounding her with advances to the point where she quit her job to get away from you and ended a long friendship, then for smurf's sake, maybe next time you should take the hint when someone says they don't want to be with you and get over her. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like she was the one being childish when she cut you off.

Actually i had a friend like this of whom I wound up dating and then broke up with. We also seem to have stopped being friends. I thought long and hard about our friendship, what had brought us together and about the connections we shared. We had similar tastes, humor, personalities and had found each other attractive. But we had vastly different values, spiritual views and ideals about social interaction. We were both strong willed about our opinions and couldn't discuss something without having it devolve into an argument. Bottom line: We were friends at arms length. We were never really that close. I have friends of whom which I know there values, views, and ideals and whom I admire and understand. Looking back, I can say that She was not a friend of who I was truly close to.

So ya, it sucks to lose a friend especially one you had feelings for, but think about your relationship. Were you really that close? Did you actually respect her spiritual views and values? It sounds like you didn't. I'm not saying its wrong to be friends with someone who has different views from you, different strokes for different folks after all, but its difficult to get close to someone who has contrary beliefs.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I haven't readanything beyond your first post, but gawd, that girl sucks!

Every "flaw" you mentioned (implying she is the opposite) makes me GAG at how shitty of a person she sounds! Do you like her just because she's a female? Cuz holy shit, she is the embodiment of women I hate.

Do you really WANT a girl that stole a car, was in an orgy, and does drugs?? All 3 of those would make me drop a girl like a hot potato.

Seriously dude, you're not missing anything. I know love is blinding and all that, but that is by far one of the worst-sounding girls I've ever heard in my life.

Go find a nice girl. One that isn't a politically ignorant cunt, one who loves meat, and one who actually HAS ANYTHING SIMILAR TO YOU IN ANY WAY.

Seriously, you described the most annoying "artist" "political activist who doesn't know shit" "annoying cunt rag who bitches about everything because she thinks she's smart" whore steriotypes all in one.

You are so lucky to be rid of this person.

Chummer said:
-Not spontaneous or adventurous
(She feels she's "lived" cause she stole a car and drove to Florida when she was 15. Has been in orgies, and tried drugs. She's "LIVED". I've been a good boy my whole life, which I suppose does make me a tad boring.)
doomdragon6 said:
Do you really WANT a girl that stole a car, was in an orgy, and does drugs?? All 3 of those would make me drop a girl like a hot potato.
Huh. And I thought the shameful part was that she drove to Florida.

C

Chummer

Shes actually pretty cool. All those sex and drugs etc was back in the younger days.

Shes very intelligence and fun to talk to. She can make you think.

I respect everything about her. I accept her and her values (spiritual or otherwise), even if they aren't my own.

What she has is a problem accepting and respecting mine. She can't see past my differences (see the list). Wheer as I just see hers as making her unique.

She's been hurt a lot in her life and made some choices i think she's afraid to change and this causes her to lash out and hurt others cause it's easier and safer to attack first then to possibly get hurt again, especially by a man.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's nice of you to stand up for her. :)

What you just said is pretty much why I was annoyed with her in the first place. People often do that kind of thing in order to validate hurting someone. I don't know you well, so for all I know, most of these "flaws" are just differences that are no more a weakness in your life than how you choose to do your hair. But in order to explain this severing of contact, instead of respecting your differences like you did, she turns your differences into flaws and makes it your fault.

Sometimes a rift is someone's fault. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

Chummer said:
She's been hurt a lot in her life and made some choices i think she's afraid to change and this causes her to lash out and hurt others cause it's easier and safer to attack first then to possibly get hurt again, especially by a man.
I have this conversation with my brother quite frequently: Just because there is a reason behind the behavior does not excuse it.

If someone explains to me why someone is being a douche, I will nod and appreciate the understanding. But after that heartfelt moment where all is unified in understanding, I will still request that they function like a human being.

Again: the reasons behind behavior are mostly useful for correcting said behavior, not excusing it.

L

LordRavage

You can do two things here....

Torch a house. (Women love bad boys and rebels. She will think your hot!)

-Or-

Torch her house. (She had it coming! No one unfriends you in MySpace. No one!)

:D

It may suck that she broke off contact like this, but look at it this way: if you guys ever meet up again in the future, you're going to wonder "why was I attracted in the first place?"

G

GeneralOrder24

Chummer said:
Shes actually pretty cool. All those sex and drugs etc was back in the younger days.

Shes very intelligence and fun to talk to. She can make you think.

I respect everything about her. I accept her and her values (spiritual or otherwise), even if they aren't my own.

What she has is a problem accepting and respecting mine. She can't see past my differences (see the list). Wheer as I just see hers as making her unique.

I've been through this, more or less. Just let her go. No love, no hate, only forgiveness. We are all human and flawed. If you are destined to be together, then the fates will make it so. If not, it's better not to drown in the bitterness of "why'd she blah blah" Just stop talking/thinking about her. I wager in six months you start to realize that she's not as wonderful as you think she is now.

ElJuski

Staff member
Charlie Dont Surf said:
It seems like this thread is more for you to attack her and discuss her flaws more than anything.
I agree with this. Also, the only thing I know about this situation is completely soaked in your personal bias on the sitchey, for good or bad. So maybe take this time to not talk to her either, not complain to us about it, and focus on yourself and how you can make yourself better in any way that you see yourself to be better.

Giving us an arbitrary list from a stranger who is mad at you isn't going to help either. You're gonna have to sort through your troubles and woes on your onesome with this business if you want to come out changed for the better.

(Also, I'm not going to call manbaww time of the month just yet, because this thread was more original and interesting than the average wahhwahh girl doesn't like me I'm a nerd wahh wahh. BUT I'M WATCHING THE REST OF YOU :angry: )

ElJuski said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
It seems like this thread is more for you to attack her and discuss her flaws more than anything.
I agree with this. Also, the only thing I know about this situation is completely soaked in your personal bias on the sitchey, for good or bad. So maybe take this time to not talk to her either, not complain to us about it, and focus on yourself and how you can make yourself better in any way that you see yourself to be better.

Giving us an arbitrary list from a stranger who is mad at you isn't going to help either. You're gonna have to sort through your troubles and woes on your onesome with this business if you want to come out changed for the better.

(Also, I'm not going to call manbaww time of the month just yet, because this thread was more original and interesting than the average wahhwahh girl doesn't like me I'm a nerd wahh wahh. BUT I'M WATCHING THE REST OF YOU :angry: )
blah blah blah.

You guys obviously don't know how this game works.

:humph:

-Adam

ElJuski said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:

I didn't take this as a manbaww. I took at as a person who received a list of grievances from an ex. I've never heard of this before.

I find it amazing, time again, how much this sort of stories stay the same no matter how muvh they change.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (well, no, I didn't get a t-shirt, but...).

Yeah, better off without her. And at least half of those "flaws" are good qualities described badly, so don't worry about them too much.

Oh, and manbaww period will have to be moved this month, I'm away for vacation for almost two weeks starting day after tomorrow :-P

ZenMonkey said:
Bubble181 said:
Oh, and manbaww period will have to be moved this month
Just start the next pack of pills instead of taking the inert ones.

So I take *just* the blue ones for a whole month? Yikes, sounds painful.

Denbrought said:
PatrThom said:
I hear they have ones now that let you go three months at a time.

--Patrick
Yeah, but the you get very strong cramps. It ain't worth it.
Plus, I've heard it's much less dependable. And the other kind you have to stick under your skin, eww :p

....what?

ElJuski

Staff member
I didn't take this as a manbaww. I took at as a person who received a list of grievances from an ex. I've never heard of this before.
Me either, hence me saying I wasn't going to call it a manbaww :uhhuh:

Status
Not open for further replies.