Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

Thanks for the posts guys :)

@SilverJelly- Flying bacon, eh? I can imagine the games now "They're so delicious looking, but so deadly!"

@zero- Initially I tried using those as a basis for the Fateweaver book, but even I can't paint lines that small! I had to go over my first 3 attempts and eventually decided on trying my own design.

Z

zero

Thanks for the posts guys :)
@zero- Initially I tried using those as a basis for the Fateweaver book, but even I can't paint lines that small! I had to go over my first 3 attempts and eventually decided on trying my own design.
Duh, not only I'm two pages late, but I realize now SilverJelly had beaten me to it!

I'm a bit rusty at that posting thing... :(

Ok, finished one Blight Drone. I am mostly pleased with how ti turned out. I think the fleshy bits could use some work, but for now i think it will do.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks Charon. I'm thinking that the flesh looks questionable because it doesn't have enough imperfections. I'm thinking of adding some scoring to the flesh and then make bleeding wound types of areas. Right now it is to.. uniform.

I'm gonna agree with Charon. The flesh looks unfinished, like you just base coated the milliput and forgot to get back to it. The patina does look good though.

Wow, Krisken, these are seriously awesome! I am in awe of your detailing skills, especially the textures. I did some Dragonlance miniatures many moons ago and it took me forever just to do a few of them (with nowhere near this level of detail!).

Thanks Sara! Honestly, it takes me a really long time to do a single piece as detailed as the Shadowseer. While I am at the festival I began another of the Harlequin models and hope to be finished with that before the next weekend. Seven days is a long time to paint one model! Eventually anyone can paint as well as I do. It just takes patience, time, and a steady hand.

Ah, the good 'ole D&D models! I remember having a couple from when i was just starting roleplaying in middle school. I had no idea what to do with them. Now I wish I still had them.

Grarg... Sorted through my old supplies, and then bought swanky new brushes, some plastic glue, and some Ork Boyz... and found a local GW.

It's happening... like before.

Of course, nothing I do will be as incredibly impressive as the work Krisken puts out, but I'm back off the wagon.

@Escushion: Excellent.... EXCELLENT!

At some point, I AM going to sit down with a sheet and a camera and snap off some shots of my meager collection... it'll be interesting to revisit my Space Marines: I haven't touched that army in two years...

I was just cleaning up stuff in my basement and found an entire box full of shrink wrapped warhammer 40k stuff that I haven't even opened which I had completely forgot about...

It was like Christmas! :)

A friend of mine has 5 Eldar Rangers and a Wave Serpent sitting in his basement he said I can have. That should go a long way to doing some damage!

I'm assuming this is an all-purpose, everybody's models thread since Necrotic and a couple others have posted pics, so I'll post this here. Though I'm gonna be painting a lot, so I may end up starting my own thread eventually so as not to swamp this one with orks.

First painted model in nearly three years is better than the old ones now that I know how to paint.

Started off as the guy on the left.

And then...

I'm most proud of how the chainsword turned out. My color scheme and some of the bits I'll be using for customizing my eventual Deff Dread, Big Mekboy, and others is to make this a steampunk bunch of orks, and I think I got that here.

Julie helped immensely in color advice when we went to the crafts store for paints, and I am immensely fortunate that a friend got me this awesome camera for Christmas in '08.

Well, that's one down, 52 to go...

It's been a long time since I posted in here!

Because I am a poor person, I can't afford the new Bloodcrusher models. Until I can, I decided to use skeleton horses and bloodletters I had lying around but not using and create my own. You'll see one actual Bloodcrusher model, which I use for the Champion. The purple swords are the musicians, the blue swords the regular bloodcrushers, and the green for Icon bearers.

Didn't know you could have multiple musicians.

They look good, and that's a good use of spare bitz. The Daemons army really lends itself to creative modeling.

No, just one musician, but two units. Each unit is made up of 4 models, 1 regular Bloodcrusher, 1 Musician, 1 Icon bearer, and one Champion. A total of 8 Bloodcrushers is what I use.

Ok, minor update. I created these using Sculpey, wire, plastic spider legs, and milliput epoxy. I'm not much of a sculptor, so I am pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. I'm thinking of getting ambitious and trying to do some actual sculpting and practicing some larger daemons (Nurgle seems the easiest to scratch build without experience).

Anyways, here is what I have made for Beasts of Nurgle.

Hope you like them :)

Those look much much better than the pile of hot glue ones for sure. I like them.

Edit: Although I do kinda miss the googly eyes.

J

Jiarn

Can't say those undead/daemon figures go well with that "plant life" stand, but otherwise, amazing work.

Thanks Baer! I'll probably keep the googly eyed glue piles to use as objective markers until I actually make some (Hm, I should do that now since I'm not doing anything).

Thanks Jiam! Initially I had a snow base and found it too boring. I thought about switching to a lava base, but since our group was usually on green felt for most of our games, I felt the Daemonic incursion on other worlds was a better theme for them than to try to come up with daemonic themed ground. I'm just not that clever. ;)

So in December I'll be participating in a large scale Apocalypse battle. My army alone will have roughly 20,000 points in Daemons and Chaos Marine super heavy choices. I'm going to try to take some pictures of the event so people can see the insane number of models which will litter the board. :)

Edit: The list

Ok, here is the list of things I am planning to bring to the big Apocalypse game...

Daemon Host of the Forge, total 3 Soul Grinders with Phlegm
6 Tzeentch Daemon Princes, Bolt, Gaze, Breath
All 4 Daemon Lords
3 units 20 Plaguebearers (Each with Icon)
1 unit 16 Plaguebearers w/ Epidemius (Icon)
5 Daemonettes
Fateweaver
Blue Scribes
Blight Drone Infestation (9 Drones)
Nurgle Plague Tower
Silver Tower of Tzeentch
Khorne Tower of Skulls
Warhound Titan
12 units of 9 Nurglings
1 unit 5 Nurglings
2 units 3 Flamers
1 unit 4 Flamers
3 Heralds of Tzeentch on Chariot, MoS, Bolt,
10 units 6 Flamers
Chaos Reaver Titan
3 units 5 Fiends of Slaanesh (with upgrade)
1 unit 6 Beasts of Nurgle (with upgrade)
Formation Uraka's Head Hunters (2 units 8 Bloodletters, Uraka, Herald of Khorne)
8 Bloodcrushers, full command
Giant Chaos Spawn
10 Heralds Of Nurgle (with Breath)
5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne w/Karanak

20,000 points! This should be pretty epic :D

Now that I look back through the thread, it amazes me just how much stuff I've created/painted in the last year. All the way back to page 2!!

4 days until the Apocalypse game begins. Sometime this week I'm going to spread the entire army on the floor and take pictures to give a sense of everything I'm bringing. It should be an insane number of stuff.

That sometime is now. I think the forum now resizes pictures to fit the screen, so hopefully it won't cause the page to explode when i post this picture.

And the army boxed up and pretty much ready to go...

Two days until the big game. I'll be taking pictures (hopefully not grainy and terrible) the whole time and hopefully I'll be able to do a battle report. Looks like each side has roughly 33,000 points.

Hm, not impressed, I see.

Well, lets try this-

I painted this in about 25 minutes. I think it really adds to the visual appearance of the Titan, and I plan on doing this type of thing all over the blue areas.

That design is damn impressive.

The amount of models is impressive as a whole, but I think the reason you're not getting as much attention with the big group shot is BECAUSE it's a big group shot. Close-up models, we can see the detail in the design and the paint, whereas in a wide shot we're getting a fuzzy, distant image of these tiny things, and can only really get a view of the big ones. It's cool to see the whole army you've put so much work into, but the close-ups are gonna floor people more than the wide shot.

Personally, Apocalypse isn't a goal of mine. The GW books and other gamers I know consider reaching that point value their big goal, but I'm more about making excellent armies at set points values. Still, I can imagine how cool it must be to see that swarm of models take the table. You've done a lot of excellent work, Krisken.

I can understand that, escushion. I figured since everything in that wide shot has already had the close up pictures taken and available in this very thread, i saw no need to retake those pictures. The wide shot is more for a "Wow, that is a ton of stuff!"

Initially I never dreamed I would be playing huge Apocalypse games. It isn't even something I could do more than twice a year, especially since it takes a whole weekend to play the game and after 8 hours of playing the head aches usually start kicking in (which while writing this reminded me to put down 'Advil' in the list). As time went on and I started completing the army as a whole, i discovered I wanted to have some of the larger models in case i ever did get to play large scale games.

Overall, it was an excuse to dive into an aspect of the hobby I've never been very good at- scratch building. I've had successes, I've had failures, but overall I've had a blast creating new things from nothing for almost no investment.

If anyone is interested in a battle report of the Apocalypse game, I'll be taking a ton of notes and pictures during the game to document the event. No matter who wins, it will be a blast to see so many tanks and infantrymen on one table! I hope you all will be interested enough to read it!

Edit: I forgot to mention- if you right click the picture and choose copy image link, you can past that into your browser window. The image is much larger than appears here, and you can zoom in on the models you are interested in seeing up close (still a little fuzzy, but discernible).

Did you mean to close this thread?

Stuff looks amazing as always man. I have no understanding of Warhammer but... I'm still impressed by the skill this takes.

Huh, that is really strange. I didn't double click or lock the thread, so it is sorta weird it locked up. I'll re-open it so it isn't an issue.

Thanks, Espy!

i am floored by the sheer size AND design of your army. This is awesome

So will everybody in those apocalypse games bring huge ass titan models and stuff?

Man, you better take pictures !