Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

And now there's new super heavy models! The new Necron Tesseract Ark is SUPER rad looking.

This excites me for when they finally get around to 6th edition codexing Necrons, this model is incredibly rad.[DOUBLEPOST=1373187452][/DOUBLEPOST]Chaos gets a Guts Dozer.

Errr

I mean

I'm claiming ownership of the joke that that thing looks like Guts Dozer. If someone else thought of it before me, they're a dirty liar.

Been working on the Pink Horrors, built tails for them all and now the painting process is well on its way. Painting the rocks next.

IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG

It sure is! Ninety, to be precise. I have 6 more to be Iridescent Horrors and 3 for Heralds yet to paint beyond these.

Started working on the rocks. About 60+ have the rocks finished. 28 to go yet and then I can start painting around them and highlighting the tentacles.

IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG

So, Black Legion are getting a big ass codex supplement.

Which might be exciting news for someone.

Now, where's that Hellbrute model kit? Oh, nowhere still. GREAT.

Yeah, I'm not excited at all for BL. Unless they had rules for each of the separate CSM factions I refuse to spend $45 on 4 rules of pages and another 100 of fluff and advertising (pretty model pictures). Shit, I can get that on the net.

Zappit

Staff member
It sounds like they won't pull what they did with the Eldar. This might have real substance.

The new Space Marine codex and models drop this September, with supplements for each major chapter.

This is something they get...Centurions.

So, do the marines inside have limb extensions in order to manipulate these bigger suits of armor or are they rolled up in a ball in the torso?

I vote for arms go to machine elbows where controls are, same with legs and knees, though who knows. Maybe they have cybernetic implants in their brains to control the things.

Zappit

Staff member
They still look better than Dreadknights.[DOUBLEPOST=1376339164,1376338674][/DOUBLEPOST]
I vote for arms go to machine elbows where controls are, same with legs and knees, though who knows. Maybe they have cybernetic implants in their brains to control the things.
From the next White Dwarf...

More goodies...

The same kit can build this...

Also, Vanguard Vets, Sternguard, Chaplains, and Librarians get plastic kits! The Captain kit gets an upgrade, and Tac squads get new weapons options. Thankfully, they will still come in packs of ten. People were worried that the Combat Squad rule would let GW get away with selling them in five packs.

It sounds like they won't pull what they did with the Eldar. This might have real substance.

The new Space Marine codex and models drop this September, with supplements for each major chapter.

This is something they get...Centurions.

What the hell are these? Did space marines really need something in between a Terminator suit and a dreadnought?

Weird...

Zappit

Staff member
So Marines are going to be batshit crazy. Seriously. Multiple chapters will be rolled into the new codex - Salamanders, White Scars, Iron Hands, Black Templar, Ultramarines, etc... Each with a set of rules and chapter tactics.

Power Fists might lose that Initiative 1 penalty. The new Grav Gun is AP2. Devastators will be able to get Relentless. (Holy shit!) Vulkan armies can reroll to hit, to wound, and armor pen with melta weapons. Ultramarines get a boatload of twin-linked. Chapter Masters get an impressive stat boost that seems to make them playable again. It will result in a ton of hard decisions, though. I've had a Marine army for years, and it always felt weak. This...this might be its time.

Yeah, this may cause me to step back from my army of undead robots from the distant past and cause me to step into the Salamander army I've always wanted.

Salamanders > all the rest.

If they are priced two points cheaper like the rumors say, fuck all that, I'm done. CSM are NOT the same as SM Tac squads, especially with the overpowered ATSKNF bullshit, which is better than Fearless at this point.

Honestly, Zappit, when 5th came out Marines were KING. It wasn't until codex creep Space Wolves/Grey Knights came out that the Space Marines started feeling weak. They were still hella good in 5th. Now that 6th has made Xenos strong (seriously, Eldar are monsters!), of course Space Marines will make them pathetic again.

My buddy is a Tau player. Since his new codex (and he did pretty well with the old one, so there's some skill there), he's been mopping the floor with everyone. I've never personally seen him lose.

Don't get me wrong, I have a custom chapter myself. Not sure how comfortable I'd be playing them if the rumors are true, though.

Tau is tough, for sure. Shooting is a monster in this edition and they really need to GIVE PEOPLE ASSAULT GRENADES if they want assault to match the shooting out there. Maybe have an assault grenade negate Overwatch, too.

But honestly, I'm just excited for a new, more dynamic Tac Marine sprue. Seeing how many options they've been putting in stuff lately, it's super exciting. I don't get to play much so it's much more about the hobby aspect for me right now.

I'm really burnt out on Crons and could use some variety.

There's only so many Necron Warriors a guy can paint.

May resurrect my custom chapter (I literally only painted what came in the Assault on Black Reach box for them before going Necron), the Void Crows.

Really wish I had some Wave Serpents. I have a whole 1, and darn it they are way too hard to duplicate. They are hella nasty!

And my enthusiasm for this new Space Marine codex is gone. Apparently all SCs are restricted to their own chapters (no longer can be used as counts as). So, unless you're Ultramarines, you may only have one named SC in your army since that's all the rest have. No other codex has this restriction. You can take Kharne and Abaddon if you want, you could take Abaddon and Lucius if you want. You could take Eldrath and Yriel if you want.

It's a crazy bizarre move for GW to take. Whoa whoa whoa there, don't buy that model, you're not allowed to use it with that one.

Zappit

Staff member
It makes sense flavor wise. Each character did have unique chapter tactics, so that just seems to fit the original idea. In all the games I've played with SMs over multiple editions, I've never taken more than one character anyway. You can still create successor chapters and use the character, but with Space Marines, you generally build around the tactics, not the guy. Hell, if I want Pedro in Iron Hands, I'm damn well doing it. Call them The Iron Fingers - successor chapter! Failing that, after just reading the new info, maybe that chapter decides on a new color scheme, or a nickname for their company that still counts as an original design.

Other edit. Successor chapters get chapter tactics, so the main reason for taking SC's is already given. So taking a captain or chapter master might make more sense.

Last edited:
I must just be so used to my Zandrekh/Obyron combo that the thought of not being able to take 2 SCs bugs me.