Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

Their books I can buy from Amazon or the nearby Chapters store, their audiobooks are a different matter. I like audio books since I spend a huge amount of time driving.

Yup, but that doesn't mean you can't play the game. I got my zombies super cheap from another company, have been building my own minis for a lot of stuff, and been converting old models into new models. The amount you spend depends entirely on you.

I also think the points level in which the game is playable has decreased dramatically. 2k points isn't really viable anymore, and I'd advocate for a 1500 point level. This is much more manageable.

As usual, fantastic work chief.[DOUBLEPOST=1360398318][/DOUBLEPOST]So, I finally find a podcast I like, the Heroic 28s....except for the fact that one of the hosts has a terrible quality mic, that he apparently keeps directly under his nose so he can drown out the other hosts with his breathing noises and he keeps his mouth and throat as phlegmy as possible in order to CCCCHCHCHCCKKCKCKCKCK sound his way through everything. Guy needs to drink a glass of water, get a mic screen and buy a mic that isn't the worst thing ever to listen to, also he refers to everything as retarded. He uses the word 40-50 times a podcast. It's frustrating, since I REALLY like the rest of the subject material.

Yeah, I really dig Independent Characters. I should have specified that I found another podcast I like.

I also dig Hitting on 3s. Brofist KCWM

Since I'll have an extra hour or two each day now that the hellish nightmare of working two jobs and going to school full time has been reduced to a reasonable 1 job and full time schooling, I plan on doing a very detailed tutorial on making Landraiders. Get ready, folks, this will be a big project and will be as accurate as I can make it.

Scratchbuilt 40k- Because no one should have to spend their life savings to play a game.

Ugh, so bummed out. I just placed a pretty big order at miniwargaming.com last week. They shipped it on Friday. Today I get an email saying all their GW stuff is 25% off (more with a membership).

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So, after some really shitty days of work, I needed to do some no brainer painting to zone out. Did up a Night Scythe. Needs some clean up work, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I dig it, Frank! I think the flying croissant is a great model for painting and lends itself well to a minimalist style of paint job.

Got a pic of what I'm working on now. It's not all that exciting yet, though.

Yup, making some Landraiders.

Your scratchbuilt stuff is always impressive.

Ugh, so tonight a friend and her boyfriend are over. I had just finished painting a metal C'Tan Nightbringer I had gotten off of Ebay. He had spent a week in Simple Green so I could get his disgusting paint job stripped. It took an hour of scrubbing before the shitty thick layers of paint had come off. So, all in all I had spent way to long on such a small model.

He dropped it on the tile floor. Metal splinters shattered everywhere. It's unrecoverable without a huuuuuuuge amount of work.

I'm currently gutted right now. Like, completely deflated.

Thanks guys! Got a long way to go before these begin to look impressive though!

Oh, that sucks Frank. I tend to have a strict "look, don't touch" policy with my models since I've experienced what you went through way too often. Hopefully you got him fairly cheap, though that would be a small consolation, I'm sure.

So, Forge World has put up the first of the new Necron units.

I'm a little disappointed since it's just a Night Scythe with some stuff stuck to it basically but it's weapon description sounds delicious. An anti-matter bomb.

Grey Knights are not anywhere near as bad as they were when they're codex came out. My favorite Grey Knight dude is Mordrak, mostly because that was my WoW character name for many years before their codex was released.

Your scratchbuilt stuff is always impressive.

Ugh, so tonight a friend and her boyfriend are over. I had just finished painting a metal C'Tan Nightbringer I had gotten off of Ebay. He had spent a week in Simple Green so I could get his disgusting paint job stripped. It took an hour of scrubbing before the shitty thick layers of paint had come off. So, all in all I had spent way to long on such a small model.

He dropped it on the tile floor. Metal splinters shattered everywhere. It's unrecoverable without a huuuuuuuge amount of work.

I'm currently gutted right now. Like, completely deflated.
Update to this. I fixed him with green stuff, some touch up paint and a bunch of super glue.

So, my brother is over the other day. He's looking at my craft table, picks him up and when I ask him not to touch it, he puts it down then manages to knock it onto the floor, undoing all my work.

I was so furious, I almost stomped the model into oblivion. Just looking at it now makes me angry.

Christ, I can't believe how much trouble you have with people picking up your stuff and dropping it. I would have been furious as well.

Update to this. I fixed him with green stuff, some touch up paint and a bunch of super glue.

So, my brother is over the other day. He's looking at my craft table, picks him up and when I ask him not to touch it, he puts it down then manages to knock it onto the floor, undoing all my work.

I was so furious, I almost stomped the model into oblivion. Just looking at it now makes me angry.
You have a gun, you should be able to keep people away from that craft table.

Hooray, I've gotten my painting table set up again so I'll be posting pictures of my inept paint jobs again soon.

Go go crappy Tyranids!

Very cool Azurephoenix! Absolutely looking forward to it.

I'll have some stuff up this weekend again. My wife took the camera with her to Chicago while visiting friends but it will be back soon. Unit of 10 Horror brains are painted and ready for battle. Still want to get the pieces to make shields for them, but one thing at a time.

Found the perfect thing for my shields, and I feel stupid for not thinking of it sooner- 1" radius gumball machine containers. Should be here next week, ready for spring break!

Trim the clear plastic down, make it wavy, and paint the edges with an airbrush. Should be fairly cool when I finish it.

Ok, have some pictures for you fine folks. I'll be posting them on the blog tomorrow night as well, but this will be a nice 'sneak peak'.

IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG

Looking forward to getting the shields for these! Should be fairly slick when it is done.

Well, I'm honestly thinking I'm done with anything Games Workshop related, especially after these new trade regulations.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wn5gq2srlbvxs6l/ZThiP0KMRn/Games Workshop 2013 RETAILER POLICY.pdf

Bullshit. You can't just ban retailers from selling online. These guys seem hellbent on destroying themselves. And banning bits selling? Fuck right off. I am not paying retail for GW products. I live in Canada, where our prices are 15-25% higher than in the US for no apparent reason. Fuck your shitty brick and mortar stores.

I hear ya man. That's pretty much why I just have the books and make my own shit. Hell, there are plenty of 3rd party companies making great models, too.

I hear ya man. That's pretty much why I just have the books and make my own shit. Hell, there are plenty of 3rd party companies making great models, too.
It's only a matter of time until they outright ban 3rd party stuff from the official tournaments. That's when the tabletop officially dies.

I think what is really going on is they are trying to focus more on it as a franchise and not as the original game. They really don't need to do much when a game company makes a game except oversee the project for authenticity. Compare this to the table top, where they have to write the books, make the models, do errata, etc...