Kags' Cosplay Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
I doubt it. I know next to nothing about the show/books.
Though the idea of "simmering shame" sounds like it could be a thing.

--Patrick
Well, I don't want to spoil it in case you ever watch/read them. But basically you just called for Kags to be stripped naked and driven bloody and pelted by rotten fruit through the streets.

Well, I don't want to spoil it in case you ever watch/read them. But basically you just called for Kags to be stripped naked and driven bloody and pelted by rotten fruit through the streets.
Yeah, the shimmering samite would be a better choice over the simmering shame-ite.

I'm really quite willing to compromise on the blood and the rotten fruit. :ninja::unibrow::awesome:

BORED.

Did a shoot a few weeks ago (same weekend as Pin-up and Water Nymphs. Yes, we did three photo shoots in one weekend) and my friend wanted to practice studio lighting and such. So, threw some glitter and chalk on my face and called it good. ;)

Also...not gonna lie. Kind of sick waiting for Merc Snow pics from the photographer and since Nate and I hacked the album so I could download the pics, I may just post them.

He doesn't like his pictures being posted without him editing them. I didn't sign a waiver or anything, so I don't know, it should be fine right? Thoughts? I just...I was so excited about that photo shoot and now I'm getting the feeling I won't be getting pictures back. I was talking to a girl from the shoot a few days ago and she said she hasn't gotten photos back from a shoot she did with him LAST October. I have no faith.

Do you respect your friend?

Oh wait, I didn't read that bit about your other friend waiting since October. Hmm, tough call. You can't just ask him?

Do you respect your friend?

Oh wait, I didn't read that bit about your other friend waiting since October. Hmm, tough call. You can't just ask him?
Ask him what? If I can post the pictures, which I'm not supposed to have? He posts a 'proof' gallery and let's you pick five and then he edits them whenever he gets around to it and sends them back. Frankly, I liked more than five pictures and I wanted to have the whole set in my possession so I asked Nate to hack the proof gallery so I could save all of the pictures to my computer. So, since he hasn't edited ANY of the them, I'm not supposed to have them to post at all. So, nope. Not so much. He's pretty protective of his work - he never wants any raw images posted, which is fine, I understand that. What I don't understand is why I'm not allowed to edit them and post the images myself. This is a time for print deal - we're trading services. Although, I think he deems his services higher than mine.

Anyway, mini-rant.

Ask him when you can expect the pictures to be processed. Something like "hey, super excited about the last shoot, can you give me a date when I can expect the shots to be done?" Puts a little pressure on him to give a deadline, unless he replies back with something vague, in which case at least you know for sure it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Regarding photo rights, I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe you have any rights to them at all except for whatever is explicitly stated in the deal you made with him. You're not "allowed" to edit and post those pictures because they're not yours until he delivers them to you.

Sounds like a shitty situation, but unless you want to deal with some heavy drama you'll likely have to play the waiting game.

Yeah, as the subject matter, you really don't have any legal claim to the pics unless you have something in writing. As the "creator", the photographer has all the copyrights, and thus, all the control. It would be a violation to edit and post them unless he gave his permission.

That said, *I* sure ain't gonna tell anyone ;)

If you are doing a trade, and aren't paying him, I wouldn't be surprised if he considers yours a lower priority than his paying customers. :/

GasBandit

Staff member
Speaking as a guy who works for a company that tries to "pay" for every single thing they get in trade, yes, our trade clients are treated with lower priority than paying clients. Not quite with the disregard we have for PSAs, but still much lower priority.

I mean, you weren't in trouble to begin with. Not by me anyway. ;)

In other news - got some more Nymph pics back.

Also, I just want to say: It was FREEZING. Our feet and legs were instantly numb, turning extremely red from the temperature. So, it may look all fun and games, but it wasn't!

Heyo Kags,
Got any tips on makin pauldrons? A friend and I are gonna go as Christmasthemed Yasuo and Katharina from LoL and holy shit, Yasuos pauldrons look like a pain to make.

Heyo Kags,
Got any tips on makin pauldrons? A friend and I are gonna go as Christmasthemed Yasuo and Katharina from LoL and holy shit, Yasuos pauldrons look like a pain to make.

I don't think I've ever seen his Christmas skin, so I don't know.

Do you know what you want to make them out of? PM me, let's chat!

(I'm in Japan right now so I'll be more available to chat in a few days after I get back. =^^=)

Haha, and that probably won't change anytime soon @jwhouk . I'm having way to much fun in that costume. :p

Pic for anyone that only follows me on here:

As an aside, I'm re-shooting Merc Snow in a week or two, so I should have real pictures of that soon. YAY! My friend is letting me borrow his motorcycle and we're shooting at the Salt Flats which is always fun, pics should be epic.

POLL!

Next photo shoot is coming up and I can't decide which costume to shoot...

1: Woodland Elf
2: Mercenary Snow White
3: Lady Scarecrow (Arkham Knight)

So....thoughts, opinons, let me have'em. Thank youuuu. =^^=

Mercenary Snow White just because I'm not sure what that would even be.
I mean, I've posted about it before....and I should probably say Post-Apocalyptic Snow White, but since I've created this whole world in my head, she's a mercenary, so I call her Merc Snow, but yeah, that's what it would be. =^^=. Just a broken up, bloodied costume with a big-ass sniper rifle. (It's taller than me.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, I've posted about it before....and I should probably say Post-Apocalyptic Snow White, but since I've created this whole world in my head, she's a mercenary, so I call her Merc Snow, but yeah, that's what it would be. =^^=. Just a broken up, bloodied costume with a big-ass sniper rifle. (It's taller than me.)

Okay, I didn't remember it right away, but I do remember the giant rifle.

Okay, I didn't remember it right away, but I do remember the giant rifle.
That's okay. :D. I haven't posted about it in a while, and every photo shoot I've tried to do with that costume had failed, so you guys haven't really seen it. I don't blame you for not recalling it right away. =^^=

HA, less makeup, that's cute. ;)
I don't for a second believe you're going face-nude in those pics or anything, but, well, ok, at least a more "naturel" look, is what I mean. I do like your look(s) with heavy eye shade, colored lenses, etc too, but I think you have very nice eyes, and make up like in the Snow White picture up there, with fake lashes but otherwise mostly skin-colored brings them out better than either of the others :)

I don't for a second believe you're going face-nude in those pics or anything, but, well, ok, at least a more "naturel" look, is what I mean. I do like your look(s) with heavy eye shade, colored lenses, etc too, but I think you have very nice eyes, and make up like in the Snow White picture up there, with fake lashes but otherwise mostly skin-colored brings them out better than either of the others :)
Haha, aw thank you! That's very kind of you to say.

So, I shouldn't wear the turquoise contacts I'm getting.....? ;)

How about purple, and making your hair silver-white? Not that I'm looking to turn you into Daenerys or anything...(but you'd make an awesome Daenerys)
Haha, to many awesome people have cosplayed Dany! Jon Snow is at the top of my list, followed closely by Drogon and Melisandre.