Is this a scam?

..... This is what happens when I don't review the whole thread. *facepalm*

But if anyone can ninja me, it's Espy. Something about a cigarette-smoking baby that just flummoxes my sensors...

i was just recently called by marketsource about a job as a cox cable rep and i have a interview with cox sometime next week. i have also read the reports on ripoff and have taken it into consideation some things i see as fact some seem too exagerated but i cannot say that they are lyin im only taking this job to supplement what income i already have i will update soon.

Dave

Staff member
I have Cox cable and I fucking love it. You've seen my internet speeds and I package everything together. I have digital cable, all the tiers, phone with unlimited long distance, two DVRs. I have the works. I pay about $200 a month. You may think that's a lot but break everything down and you'll realize it's not.

I have Cox cable and I fucking love it. You've seen my internet speeds and I package everything together. I have digital cable, all the tiers, phone with unlimited long distance, two DVRs. I have the works. I pay about $200 a month. You may think that's a lot but break everything down and you'll realize it's not.
That's actually pretty good. I wonder if they're available here in NJ.

No, it's just that their website has no way to show their service area. You'd think they would be eager to tell you, but no.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I don't know what it is about cable companies and having crappy websites....

I had an internet outage earlier this week at my house. I had just replaced my router the day before, so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something I did. I started by hopping on my phone and searching for an outage report of some kind on their website. The only thing that they had was a storm outage report map that was terrible and didn't show interruptions in service in any other way.

I searched high and low to find somewhere easy where I could just find out if there was an outage or not. I ended up having to call them, which made me go through a crapton of prompts just to get to a rep who, within 30 seconds, was able to say, Yup, there's an outage in your area.

I worked with utility companies for a good bit in my career, and they at least put up a recording reporting outages when they occurred.

BLAH :p

I don't know what it is about cable companies and having crappy websites....

I had an internet outage earlier this week at my house. I had just replaced my router the day before, so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something I did. I started by hopping on my phone and searching for an outage report of some kind on their website. The only thing that they had was a storm outage report map that was terrible and didn't show interruptions in service in any other way.

I searched high and low to find somewhere easy where I could just find out if there was an outage or not. I ended up having to call them, which made me go through a crapton of prompts just to get to a rep who, within 30 seconds, was able to say, Yup, there's an outage in your area.

I worked with utility companies for a good bit in my career, and they at least put up a recording reporting outages when they occurred.

BLAH :p

I can vouch for Cox as well. I used to complain about them until I moved to the East coast a.k.a. AT&T and TimeWarner country. :Leyla:

GasBandit

Staff member
Cox used to be here but they sold our market to suddenlink. My time with them was brief but never had a complaint, surprisingly.

Dave

Staff member
On the main Cox.com page at the top right it has a location icon. Click that and you can put in a zip code or browse by state.

In Arizona if people don't pay their cable bills they cut their Cox off.

Thank you! Good night, I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses!!

All this talk is really making me want to try Cox! Sadly, there are no Cox to be found in Jersey. I'll never know what it's like to have Cox. :(

At least we have Dick's!