Irony Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sen. Inhofe gets terribly ill after swimming in toxic algae.

A little backstory: Inhofe is pretty pro-business, anti-environmental regulations. Also big against climate change. He's also (based on hearsay, too lazy to check) very friendly with agribusiness in OK. Toxic algae blooms are the result of a number of factors, one big one being excess nitrogen from waste runoff much like you'd see from the chicken plants that dump into the waters that feed into Grand Lake.

Also, I don't particularly feel this merits a thread by itself, but didn't want to clutter GasBandit's thread with miscellaneous links. Any opinions on that for future reference?

I'm cool with it getting its own thread. Most of the time I don't bother going in there. Very interesting story, drifter.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anyone and everyone is perfectly free to stick whatever link to a political story they want to in my thread. I encourage it. That said, I have no problem with it being its own thread either.

On an unrelated note, this is now driving me nuts because it reminds me of something I saw on TV maybe 20 years ago but I can't remember exactly what. It was fiction, there was a politician who swam around in an allegedly polluted river in front of reporters to prove he considered it perfectly safe and something made him drown (a woman or a monster or a mermaid or something like that)... and I can't for the life of me remember what movie or TV show it was.

Sorry Gas, but posting links in there really isn't really worth it for me. If I wanted to go to FARK and read the nonsensical ranting bumper sticker commentary of a basement libertarian, I would do that. Haven't gone to FARK in ages because of that, though. The snarky commentary for the links are almost as bad as the terribly written articles they lead to.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sorry Gas, but posting links in there really isn't really worth it for me. If I wanted to go to FARK and read the nonsensical ranting bumper sticker commentary of a basement libertarian, I would do that. Haven't gone to FARK in ages because of that, though. The snarky commentary for the links are almost as bad as the terribly written articles they lead to.
Well that's too bad because you're going to start posting links, mister. I mean it. I'll be letting your family and community know what a horrible person you are because you won't post links in my thread. THE LOCAL CHURCH WILL BE CALLING YOUR MOM AND TELLING HER YOU ARE A BUM. Is that what you want? Because it is totally my intention to do that. Your own dog will bite you. I swear it.

I'd give you her number to call her, but I'm sure it would just confuse her. I'd be like "No, mom, he's not dangerous. He sells radio air time."

Then I have no idea what you do. There can't be a whole lot of demand for a mid level manager at a radio station.

GasBandit

Staff member
Then I have no idea what you do. There can't be a whole lot of demand for a mid level manager at a radio station.
I'm the Production Director (the guy in charge of getting DJs to make commercials to round out their hours so they actually put in a full day's work) and the entire IT department.

You might be remembering the position I had about 4 years ago, Traffic Director, where I was the one who scheduled the commercials. Since then, I've had to train 4 other traffic directors, which is why I disappeared for weeks periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.