[Food] How Much Pizza Do You Eat?

How many slices of pizza do you generally eat?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 14.6%

Votes: 14 29.2%

Votes: 13 27.1%

Votes: 2 4.2%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Let's use an average medium pizza as the option here (12 inches) cut into 8 diagonal slices.

There was a time where my answer would have been easily all 8 (post super fatty stage too). Then, as I got a bit older, 6. Then 4. Now, at the ripe old age of 33, I usually only eat 2 before I'm satisfied along with some salad or something.

I was eating pizza tonight and I wondered at what point my pizza eating was average.

I said 3, sometimes I'll eat 4, but that's on a 10 slice 14" pizza. It also depends on if I have wings (which I almost always get with pizza because that's how I was raised :p), in which case I will eat maybe 1 slice less. But I've fallen into a really bad habit of only eating dinner, so that's why. :/

I said 3, sometimes I'll eat 4, but that's on a 10 slice 14" pizza. It also depends on if I have wings (which I almost always get with pizza because that's how I was raised :p), in which case I will eat maybe 1 slice less. But I've fallen into a really bad habit of only eating dinner, so that's why. :/
I think a slice from a 14 inch pizza sliced into 10 is about the same as a 12 inch cut into 8 so it works too.

I usually eat an entire pizza that size, though I usually eat thin crust with a fairly moderate amount of toppings, not heavily layered thick cheesy pizzas.

I usually eat 2, but that's because I'm usually sharing it with 3 other people, so it's 2 per or be a heel.
On my own, I will happily go Pete Puma on a pizza.

--Patrick

Yeah, I guess when I say I eat 2 pieces, it's 2 pieces of this (cut properly, which they do on request, eff the squares), a pizza that's like the halfway point between regular chain pizza and Chicago Deep Dish:

(It's places like this which is why Edmonton is considered one of the best pizza cities on Earth)

If I get a pizza for myself that size, I usually eat the entire thing. Pizza doesn't last for leftovers in my house.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, it depends. I usually get a 12 inch pan pizza. Generally I eat 4 slices of that (half the pizza). But if I'm really hungry and haven't had anything else to eat all day, I can eat the whole thing (8 slices).

In the bad old days, my record was two entire pizzas, all myself.

It entirely depends on how many people I am sharing with. Left to my own devices, I will eat enough to be full and maybe a slice more if I really want it. I don't have a strict limit on the amount I eat.

If sharing with my wife, I will have about 4 slices. Dill will have 2-3 and the remainder will go into the fridge. I will then eat the remainder later and get fussed at for not leaving some for them OR I will eat some of the leftovers and then the other bit will be thrown out a week later when they inform me that they really didn't want pizza again and I could have eaten all of it if I wanted (no, Dill almost never eats the bit I have left for them).

Sharing with friends, we will evenly split the pizza(s) so that all will get an equal share. Leftovers are then split evenly among those still hungry until there is none left or the host gets to keep the rest.

At work, it is 2 slices and only going back for more once invited to do so.

If we've ordered for the family, I have 4, then 2 more later that my wife leaves.

But I can easily manage 8+ of a pizza of the size shown. Too easy. Pizza, like steak, goes to a magical place where there's always room for more.

Honestly, I don't know. I've never been in a situation where there is more pizza in the plate and I don't want any more of it.

When I was 13 I'd eat an entire one of those and still be hungry. Nowadays, two slices because that's really all my stomach will let me get away with.

I've actually gotten fatter since i started eating less slices....

But that's because i'm not as active as i was able to be while being a teenager... so i don't need to eat as much i guess.

I blame college...

Yeah, I guess when I say I eat 2 pieces, it's 2 pieces of this (cut properly, which they do on request, eff the squares), a pizza that's like the halfway point between regular chain pizza and Chicago Deep Dish:

(It's places like this which is why Edmonton is considered one of the best pizza cities on Earth)
Is that Royal? I didn't know you could request them not to cut into squares!

I voted 2 but I will eat 3 on occasion. I used to have a lot less moderation, although I don't think I ever ate a whole pizza in one go, but I gained a bunch of weight last year and have been consciously choosing to eat more wisely.

Is that Royal? I didn't know you could request them not to cut into squares!

I voted 2 but I will eat 3 on occasion. I used to have a lot less moderation, although I don't think I ever ate a whole pizza in one go, but I gained a bunch of weight last year and have been consciously choosing to eat more wisely.
Most pizza places will do slices if you prefer. If the other way around that some places won't do because it's a pain to do with a pizza cutter (most use a large knife thing for pieces).

Last edited:
I miss the big, nasty, greasy pizza subs I used to get from the place near my doctor's office. My stomach would freak if I tried one now.

There was a place near where I lived growing up that had amazing pizza subs. No one around here has ever heard of such a thing.

The "squares" slicing is called Deli-style, if memory serves.

Of course, there's the pizza place that's the love of many Wisconsinite, Rocky Rococo's. Pizza by the slice - and those slices are rectangular (or square, if you get the super slice).