Export thread

How Much Pizza Do You Eat?

Frank

Frank

Let's use an average medium pizza as the option here (12 inches) cut into 8 diagonal slices.

There was a time where my answer would have been easily all 8 (post super fatty stage too). Then, as I got a bit older, 6. Then 4. Now, at the ripe old age of 33, I usually only eat 2 before I'm satisfied along with some salad or something.

I was eating pizza tonight and I wondered at what point my pizza eating was average.

Dei

Dei

I said 3, sometimes I'll eat 4, but that's on a 10 slice 14" pizza. It also depends on if I have wings (which I almost always get with pizza because that's how I was raised :p), in which case I will eat maybe 1 slice less. But I've fallen into a really bad habit of only eating dinner, so that's why. :/

Frank

Frank

I said 3, sometimes I'll eat 4, but that's on a 10 slice 14" pizza. It also depends on if I have wings (which I almost always get with pizza because that's how I was raised :p), in which case I will eat maybe 1 slice less. But I've fallen into a really bad habit of only eating dinner, so that's why. :/
I think a slice from a 14 inch pizza sliced into 10 is about the same as a 12 inch cut into 8 so it works too.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

6 if I didn't have lunch.
4 if I did.
3 if we have a side, like a nice salad or something.

Terrik

Terrik

Too goddamn many, but never enough.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

On average, four.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I can not confirm or deny, but however, I do know the answer.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It depends on how upset I want to be with myself.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Two unless my stomach is being mean.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

2 or 3, but I voted 3 because it's also sometimes 4.

phil

phil

3, usually and then maybe some of the cheesy bread.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I usually eat an entire pizza that size, though I usually eat thin crust with a fairly moderate amount of toppings, not heavily layered thick cheesy pizzas.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I usually eat 2, but that's because I'm usually sharing it with 3 other people, so it's 2 per or be a heel.
On my own, I will happily go Pete Puma on a pizza.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

I put 3, but I think my record was around 8. It was at a pizza buffet.

Frank

Frank

Yeah, I guess when I say I eat 2 pieces, it's 2 pieces of this (cut properly, which they do on request, eff the squares), a pizza that's like the halfway point between regular chain pizza and Chicago Deep Dish:

(It's places like this which is why Edmonton is considered one of the best pizza cities on Earth)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I forgot about garlic fingers!! It's 3 for me if garlic fingers are considered.

Wahad

Wahad

If I get a pizza for myself that size, I usually eat the entire thing. Pizza doesn't last for leftovers in my house.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

there was once a time when I would've eaten a whole pizza too. Pizza is my kryptonite.

But these days, it's 2-3ish slices.

fade

fade

Always 2 slices there are. No more, no less. Starts to taste gross after that.

Covar

Covar

12" pie? that's a meal.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, it depends. I usually get a 12 inch pan pizza. Generally I eat 4 slices of that (half the pizza). But if I'm really hungry and haven't had anything else to eat all day, I can eat the whole thing (8 slices).

In the bad old days, my record was two entire pizzas, all myself.

General Specific

General Specific

It entirely depends on how many people I am sharing with. Left to my own devices, I will eat enough to be full and maybe a slice more if I really want it. I don't have a strict limit on the amount I eat.

If sharing with my wife, I will have about 4 slices. Dill will have 2-3 and the remainder will go into the fridge. I will then eat the remainder later and get fussed at for not leaving some for them OR I will eat some of the leftovers and then the other bit will be thrown out a week later when they inform me that they really didn't want pizza again and I could have eaten all of it if I wanted (no, Dill almost never eats the bit I have left for them).

Sharing with friends, we will evenly split the pizza(s) so that all will get an equal share. Leftovers are then split evenly among those still hungry until there is none left or the host gets to keep the rest.

At work, it is 2 slices and only going back for more once invited to do so.

PatrThom

PatrThom

In the bad old days, my record was two entire pizzas, all myself.
Hah!
"record"
I get it.

--Patrick

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

If we've ordered for the family, I have 4, then 2 more later that my wife leaves.

But I can easily manage 8+ of a pizza of the size shown. Too easy. Pizza, like steak, goes to a magical place where there's always room for more.

Cog

Cog

Honestly, I don't know. I've never been in a situation where there is more pizza in the plate and I don't want any more of it.

Emrys

Emrys

I want pizza now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

When I was 13 I'd eat an entire one of those and still be hungry. Nowadays, two slices because that's really all my stomach will let me get away with.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I normally have the pizza place slice the medium pizza into 6 slices, because I can't eat 8.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I've actually gotten fatter since i started eating less slices....

But that's because i'm not as active as i was able to be while being a teenager... so i don't need to eat as much i guess.

I blame college...

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Yeah, I guess when I say I eat 2 pieces, it's 2 pieces of this (cut properly, which they do on request, eff the squares), a pizza that's like the halfway point between regular chain pizza and Chicago Deep Dish:

(It's places like this which is why Edmonton is considered one of the best pizza cities on Earth)
Is that Royal? I didn't know you could request them not to cut into squares!

I voted 2 but I will eat 3 on occasion. I used to have a lot less moderation, although I don't think I ever ate a whole pizza in one go, but I gained a bunch of weight last year and have been consciously choosing to eat more wisely.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I voted 2 but I will eat 3 on occasion. I used to have a lot less moderation, although I don't think I ever ate a whole pizza in one go, but I gained a bunch of weight last year and have been consciously choosing to eat more wisely.
Most pizza places will do slices if you prefer. If the other way around that some places won't do because it's a pain to do with a pizza cutter (most use a large knife thing for pieces).

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I miss the big, nasty, greasy pizza subs I used to get from the place near my doctor's office. My stomach would freak if I tried one now.

Dei

Dei

There was a place near where I lived growing up that had amazing pizza subs. No one around here has ever heard of such a thing.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

This is making me hungry!! I'm willing to risk it ... I need a pizza sub!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

The "squares" slicing is called Deli-style, if memory serves.

Of course, there's the pizza place that's the love of many Wisconsinite, Rocky Rococo's. Pizza by the slice - and those slices are rectangular (or square, if you get the super slice).

Frank

Frank

Hells yeah, I love Royal Pizza.

chris

chris

8 slices (the whole pizza) are what I usually eat.

Eriol

Eriol

I'm usually at 4 + garlic fingers, or sometimes 6 if nothing else and really hungry, so I voted 5. 8+ had been known as "normal" in my youth. And higher. We won't talk about "all-you-can-eat" night at Pizza Hut a long time ago... (many bad choices there, including going to Pizza Hut at all)

And then there's my minimum record: 1.25. Of course this was in Chicago, at a little place my brother's co-workers told him about that I think was called "Tony's Pizza Peddlers" out near-ish to Schaumberg (long time ago (2000), I didn't live there, so don't hold me to name or location accuracy, and I've searched recently and think it's closed now). Ever since going there, I know what actual deep-dish pizza is. I call it "Lasagna-Pizza" because it's SO damned deep. 1.25 pieces eaten. I had a piece, and split another piece with my brother, and we each ate half of what we'd divided it, and thus 1.25. And I was FULL. And this was in the time of 8+ being normal, and shortly after my brother and I consuming a pan of lasagna between us in one sitting. And this pizza did us in. SOOOOO full.

fade

fade

What is a pizza sub? Exactly what it sounds like?

Eriol

Eriol

At Subway at least, it's pizza-toppings (or at least something resembling them) like cold meat, with marinara sauce from their meatballs, all topped with your choice of cheese, and anything else you want on it.

Any other interpretations are just that: their interpretations.

BErt

At Subway at least, it's pizza-toppings (or at least something resembling them) like cold meat, with marinara sauce from their meatballs, all topped with your choice of cheese, and anything else you want on it.

Any other interpretations are just that: their interpretations.
exactly this. places that normally sell other types of subs will follow this method. If they're strictly pizza places, they may consider a calzone a "pizza sub." there is a liquor store near my house that sells pepperoni rolls (pepperoni and mozzarella fully wrapped in a crust, but no pizza sauce) that I have heard called pizza subs as well.

TL;DR, it's pizza stuff in bread

fade

fade

That reminds me: one of the things I really miss from when I was living in Boston is this thing they called a "steak bomb". It's steak, pepperoni, bacon, peppers, maybe ham, all chopped up finely, grilled and mixed with melted provolone and put on a sub roll. It was delicious. Similar to a cheesesteak, only a million times better.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The place near us runs the open faces in through the pizza oven and they use all the good toppings.

Eriol

Eriol

The place near us runs the open faces in through the pizza oven and they use all the good toppings.
That doesn't help ME any unless you post the name! Give a guy some love over here! (But not TOO much, or @Dirona will start asking questions)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Pizzadellic. Home of the football-donair that @HCGLNS likes.

Anonymous

Ok you didn't hear this from me but I have connections see.

Pizza Time in Dartmouth is the only pizza joint in the HRM that buys the good ingredients from the bulk supplier for the area.

Just saying.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

We have free pizza at our weekly seminars on campus, and I can easily knock-out 6 average-sized slices. I've seen an average size pizza slice is about 300 calories though. :oops:

Dei

Dei

Subway pizza subs are an abomination. Just saying.

Bubble181

Bubble181

We have free pizza at our weekly seminars on campus, and I can easily knock-out 6 average-sized slices. I've seen an average size pizza slice is about 300 calories though. :oops:
Pizzas are like chocolate, their calories don't count in certain circumstances. :whistling:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Daughter's having her first sleep over tomorrow.

Wife said she was going to pick up 2 pizzas and some breadsticks.

Oh, my sweet summer child, you have no idea. You're halfway there, living on a prayer.

General Specific

General Specific

Yes.

There is a chain w/ a couple stores around here called Bellacino's that does Pizza and other italian type food. They have Pizza Grinders (Grinder = Sub = Hero) that are really good. If you ever come back to SC to visit your brother, have him take you.