[Food] How Much Pizza Do You Eat?

How many slices of pizza do you generally eat?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 14.6%

Votes: 14 29.2%

Votes: 13 27.1%

Votes: 2 4.2%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Is that Royal? I didn't know you could request them not to cut into squares!

I voted 2 but I will eat 3 on occasion. I used to have a lot less moderation, although I don't think I ever ate a whole pizza in one go, but I gained a bunch of weight last year and have been consciously choosing to eat more wisely.
Hells yeah, I love Royal Pizza.

I'm usually at 4 + garlic fingers, or sometimes 6 if nothing else and really hungry, so I voted 5. 8+ had been known as "normal" in my youth. And higher. We won't talk about "all-you-can-eat" night at Pizza Hut a long time ago... (many bad choices there, including going to Pizza Hut at all)

And then there's my minimum record: 1.25. Of course this was in Chicago, at a little place my brother's co-workers told him about that I think was called "Tony's Pizza Peddlers" out near-ish to Schaumberg (long time ago (2000), I didn't live there, so don't hold me to name or location accuracy, and I've searched recently and think it's closed now). Ever since going there, I know what actual deep-dish pizza is. I call it "Lasagna-Pizza" because it's SO damned deep. 1.25 pieces eaten. I had a piece, and split another piece with my brother, and we each ate half of what we'd divided it, and thus 1.25. And I was FULL. And this was in the time of 8+ being normal, and shortly after my brother and I consuming a pan of lasagna between us in one sitting. And this pizza did us in. SOOOOO full.

What is a pizza sub? Exactly what it sounds like?
At Subway at least, it's pizza-toppings (or at least something resembling them) like cold meat, with marinara sauce from their meatballs, all topped with your choice of cheese, and anything else you want on it.

Any other interpretations are just that: their interpretations.

B

BErt

At Subway at least, it's pizza-toppings (or at least something resembling them) like cold meat, with marinara sauce from their meatballs, all topped with your choice of cheese, and anything else you want on it.

Any other interpretations are just that: their interpretations.
exactly this. places that normally sell other types of subs will follow this method. If they're strictly pizza places, they may consider a calzone a "pizza sub." there is a liquor store near my house that sells pepperoni rolls (pepperoni and mozzarella fully wrapped in a crust, but no pizza sauce) that I have heard called pizza subs as well.

TL;DR, it's pizza stuff in bread

fade

Staff member
That reminds me: one of the things I really miss from when I was living in Boston is this thing they called a "steak bomb". It's steak, pepperoni, bacon, peppers, maybe ham, all chopped up finely, grilled and mixed with melted provolone and put on a sub roll. It was delicious. Similar to a cheesesteak, only a million times better.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Ok you didn't hear this from me but I have connections see.

Pizza Time in Dartmouth is the only pizza joint in the HRM that buys the good ingredients from the bulk supplier for the area.

Just saying.

We have free pizza at our weekly seminars on campus, and I can easily knock-out 6 average-sized slices. I've seen an average size pizza slice is about 300 calories though. :oops:

Daughter's having her first sleep over tomorrow.

Wife said she was going to pick up 2 pizzas and some breadsticks.

Oh, my sweet summer child, you have no idea. You're halfway there, living on a prayer.

What is a pizza sub? Exactly what it sounds like?
Yes.

There is a chain w/ a couple stores around here called Bellacino's that does Pizza and other italian type food. They have Pizza Grinders (Grinder = Sub = Hero) that are really good. If you ever come back to SC to visit your brother, have him take you.