[NHL] HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Leafs win the Stanley Cup do you really think the parade will be limited to just Toronto? Psshhh, the parade will be the entire length of the Trans-Canada.
BC, Alberta, and Quebec would beg to differ.

The only positive in this scenario is that tsn will spend the majority of their time talking about a team worth talking about for once.

Eric Staal gets a hat trick against buffalo to lock in a 6-3 victory over the Sabres. The hurricanes first win of the season.

As much as I take potshots at the Leafs, I am growing increasingly frustrated with my own team.

48 points is not going to get us into the playoffs.

Greater (their term, not mine) Toronto Ontario.
Ah, I think the term you are looking for is GTA: Greater Toronto Area.
I've lived in Ontario my whole life (actually, I guess technically I've lived in the GTA my whole life, though I disagree with the boundaries extending that far north into York Region), and have never heard GTO or Greater Toronto Ontario before.
Also the only person who even made what was clearly a joke about a parade in this thread, is from Halifax. Roughly 1800 km (~1100 miles) away from the GTA, and 1300km (~800 miles) East from the Eastern most point of Ontario.

See, I'm in preseason form, just like the boys in Nashville. I'd have used the correct acronym if this season had started on time.

I am really starting to wonder if the Nashville Predators will ever win another hockey game.

And do you know how embarrassing it is to not only get shut out for your fifth loss in six games, but to do so in front of less than nine thousand fans???

I am really starting to wonder if the Nashville Predators will ever win another hockey game.

And do you know how embarrassing it is to not only get shut out for your fifth loss in six games, but to do so in front of less than nine thousand fans???
*points at self*
Leafs fan.

Well this season has turned to shit.

And Nashville only has 9000 people? I thought they were supported pretty well.

The sub-9k, 4-0 shutout loss (not "shootout", which we've done three times this year) was in Glendale, Arizona. Home of an NHL hockey team, but not much else.

@nhlrulebook: Congratulations to Gary Bettman on his 20th anniversary of officially becoming NHL commissioner! What a wonderful 18 seasons it's been!

Not really a Luongo fan (don't hate the guy or anything, but I'm not like "woo, Luongo rules"). However, seeing his performance so far this season has been pretty awesome, and I'm glad that it's more or less shut the Toronto media up up the trade rumours THEY started. Every game Luongo goes out there and performs like he has been, Damien Cox looks like more of an idiot for suggesting Vancouver is desperate to get rid of him.

Guys, I'm scared. Toronto plays the Bruins on ACC ice tonight. Torontos home record, and Toronto's record against Boston....it's going to be a massacre.

I guess you don't want to know that the "move the Coyotes to Hamilton" rumors have started again, hey?

Hamilton? Dude, Markham is building a state of the art stadium just for shits and giggles. A second NHL in Toronto has been roaring for months now. Hamilton? Seriously, do you even google?

Status
Not open for further replies.