[NHL] HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the NHL is FINALLY back!

Oh, and this just in: The Maple Leafs have been eliminated from the playoffs!

This just in, 1/2 the teams in the NHL failed to make a profit again so the Leafs had to pay for them to exist! Again.

New Leafs owners "So if we are to understand this correctly; in the play offs we can charge more per ticket, but the salaries of the players is drastically reduced? So a revenue spike combined with a great cost reduction? And we get at least two home games where this occurs, and if we win, we get more games like this?"

TML GM Brian Burke "Yes that is correct."

NLO "And under your tenure we have never played one of these games?....best of luck with your future endeavors."

B

BErt

After 2 Periods: STL goals - 4. DET shots on goal - 7.

...I'm going drinking don't wait up

Bad night for the nucks but at least the goalie controversy coming out of the bipolar rest of the fan base is gonna be good for a chuckle.

So...the Oilers are pulling off their usual early season ass kickery....and maybe since the season is going to be so short, they might not slump into last place through a continued nose dive of shittiness they normally achieve.

Oilers have basically been playing together all season in the AHL so I think they'll have an edge being in mid season form since everyone else still needs to gel and get into game shape.

I have the sinking feeling that the goalie controversy is going to be the most entertaining thing coming out of Vancouver this season. I'm Ok with this.

There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth (pardon the pun) in Predators Nation should we lose to the Mild tonight.

Hey checkeredhat, Gusto, HCGLNS and any other leafs fans I don't remember:
See calling us out because the result you hoped for isn't so much a put down as it was the result we expected. The Leafs will be upper echelon points food for the elite teams this year. Not easy points but expect at least a single point when you play them. Montreal? Expect at least two points and to put one of their midgets on a stretcher.

Well, we are having a cold spell, so the watermelon was most likely frozen solid. Bad news though, having beaten an actual team the media will pound it to death about the Leafs chances this year.

When the Leafs win the Stanley Cup do you really think the parade will be limited to just Toronto? Psshhh, the parade will be the entire length of the Trans-Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.