Export thread

HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!

Limit: 500

jwhouk

jwhouk

And the NHL is FINALLY back!

Oh, and this just in: The Maple Leafs have been eliminated from the playoffs!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's a Great Day for Hockey.

And...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This just in, 1/2 the teams in the NHL failed to make a profit again so the Leafs had to pay for them to exist! Again.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

welcome to, finally, the NHL.............ONSEASON THREAD

blotsfan

blotsfan

This just in, 1/2 the teams in the NHL failed to make a profit again so the Leafs had to pay for them to exist! Again.
Pretty impressive that they can afford to do that with no postseason revenue.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

New Leafs owners "So if we are to understand this correctly; in the play offs we can charge more per ticket, but the salaries of the players is drastically reduced? So a revenue spike combined with a great cost reduction? And we get at least two home games where this occurs, and if we win, we get more games like this?"

TML GM Brian Burke "Yes that is correct."

NLO "And under your tenure we have never played one of these games?....best of luck with your future endeavors."

BErt

After 2 Periods: STL goals - 4. DET shots on goal - 7.

...I'm going drinking don't wait up

jwhouk

jwhouk

So, are they planning the route for the Stanley Cup parade in Toronto yet?

Timmus

Timmus

Bad night for the nucks but at least the goalie controversy coming out of the bipolar rest of the fan base is gonna be good for a chuckle.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

flyers.jpg

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Frank

Frank

So...the Oilers are pulling off their usual early season ass kickery....and maybe since the season is going to be so short, they might not slump into last place through a continued nose dive of shittiness they normally achieve.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Flames still suck. Anyone surprised? Not me.

Covar

Covar

It's just one game. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sabres got a nice win to start the season. Now lets kick the syrup out of the leafs tonight.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It's just one game. :(

Don't get me wrong... I love my Flames... but they have a tendency to let me down.

Covar

Covar

I was talking about Carolina. Hopefully this is not a sign of yet another slow start.

Timmus

Timmus

Oilers have basically been playing together all season in the AHL so I think they'll have an edge being in mid season form since everyone else still needs to gel and get into game shape.

I have the sinking feeling that the goalie controversy is going to be the most entertaining thing coming out of Vancouver this season. I'm Ok with this.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Hey checkeredhat, Gusto, HCGLNS and any other leafs fans I don't remember:

Vrii

Vrii

Sens are looking good so far!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

MEh. Given the Leafs track record against Miller, hardly a surprise. Sounds like it was a good game though.

Gusto

Gusto

I barely watch hockey, and when I do I can't stand stand the Leafs, but thanks for the unnecessary call-out. :facepalm:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Really? Could've sworn you've been in here with pro Leafs blather before. My B.

jwhouk

jwhouk

There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth (pardon the pun) in Predators Nation should we lose to the Mild tonight.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The Shootout Is Bullshit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

See calling us out because the result you hoped for isn't so much a put down as it was the result we expected. The Leafs will be upper echelon points food for the elite teams this year. Not easy points but expect at least a single point when you play them. Montreal? Expect at least two points and to put one of their midgets on a stretcher.

Covar

Covar

36 shots on goal, and only one manages to go in. :confused:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Leafs vs Pens tonight. I expect the results to be similar to throwing a watermelon into a wood chipper.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Whew! Edmonton fans can finally breathe easy. Relatively speaking, of course.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Leafs vs Pens tonight. I expect the results to be similar to throwing a watermelon into a wood chipper.
Turns out the watermelon fucked the woodchipper up.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's the seeds.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well, we are having a cold spell, so the watermelon was most likely frozen solid. Bad news though, having beaten an actual team the media will pound it to death about the Leafs chances this year.

Timmus

Timmus

You goin to the parade HCGLNS?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

When the Leafs win the Stanley Cup do you really think the parade will be limited to just Toronto? Psshhh, the parade will be the entire length of the Trans-Canada.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Makes sense. Aren't all English speaking Canadians Leafs fans?

Timmus

Timmus

When the Leafs win the Stanley Cup do you really think the parade will be limited to just Toronto? Psshhh, the parade will be the entire length of the Trans-Canada.
BC, Alberta, and Quebec would beg to differ.

The only positive in this scenario is that tsn will spend the majority of their time talking about a team worth talking about for once.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You don't get an opinion. Toronto is the centre of the universe.

Frank

Frank

Whew! Edmonton fans can finally breathe easy. Relatively speaking, of course.
Breath easy. Fuck off. We capitulated to that shit head owners bullshit threats. Where was he going to take the Oilers where every game would still be sold out? Where. The tax burden of that fucking place is going to cost the city billions in the end from all the shitty loans they have to take out.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oooh, I think I hit a nerve.

Covar

Covar

Eric Staal gets a hat trick against buffalo to lock in a 6-3 victory over the Sabres. The hurricanes first win of the season.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Turns out the watermelon fucked the woodchipper up.
And then smashed by Gallagher the next night.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Let's take a look at where everyone is by month's end before we start planning Stanley Cup Parade routes.

Covar

Covar

Canes sweep the Sabres to move up to .500, and nearly as sweet, move Buffalo down to .500.

Timmus

Timmus

I
Let's take a look at where everyone is by month's end before we start planning Stanley Cup Parade routes.
I don't think anybody was...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, you never know about those GTO types.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Well, you never know about those GTO types.
GTO?

Timmus

Timmus

Geez you act as if TDot was the team that offer sheeted webber and Schneefed all your free agents.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Greater (their term, not mine) Toronto Ontario.

jwhouk

jwhouk

As much as I take potshots at the Leafs, I am growing increasingly frustrated with my own team.

48 points is not going to get us into the playoffs.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

As much as I take potshots at the Leafs, I am growing increasingly frustrated with my own team.

48 points is not going to get us into the playoffs.

They would probably have a better record if points were decided by hockey instead of the fucking skills competition.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Greater (their term, not mine) Toronto Ontario.
Ah, I think the term you are looking for is GTA: Greater Toronto Area.
I've lived in Ontario my whole life (actually, I guess technically I've lived in the GTA my whole life, though I disagree with the boundaries extending that far north into York Region), and have never heard GTO or Greater Toronto Ontario before.
Also the only person who even made what was clearly a joke about a parade in this thread, is from Halifax. Roughly 1800 km (~1100 miles) away from the GTA, and 1300km (~800 miles) East from the Eastern most point of Ontario.

jwhouk

jwhouk

See, I'm in preseason form, just like the boys in Nashville. I'd have used the correct acronym if this season had started on time.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am really starting to wonder if the Nashville Predators will ever win another hockey game.

And do you know how embarrassing it is to not only get shut out for your fifth loss in six games, but to do so in front of less than nine thousand fans???

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I am really starting to wonder if the Nashville Predators will ever win another hockey game.

And do you know how embarrassing it is to not only get shut out for your fifth loss in six games, but to do so in front of less than nine thousand fans???
*points at self*
Leafs fan.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well this season has turned to shit.

And Nashville only has 9000 people? I thought they were supported pretty well.

Timmus

Timmus

season's barely a week old ya bunch of chicken littles!

jwhouk

jwhouk

The sub-9k, 4-0 shutout loss (not "shootout", which we've done three times this year) was in Glendale, Arizona. Home of an NHL hockey team, but not much else.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm holding out hope the Preds will figure out how to score goals sometime before they're 15 points back of a playoff spot

jwhouk

jwhouk

That might be sometime next month, at this rate.

No Horny = very listless offense.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Thats how you break a 4 game losing streak. Vanek has been so good this season.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Jamison is less than two hours away from blowing his shot at owning an NHL franchise completely.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Da, Sergei! That is how we win shootouts!

Piotyr

Piotyr

@nhlrulebook: Congratulations to Gary Bettman on his 20th anniversary of officially becoming NHL commissioner! What a wonderful 18 seasons it's been!

Timmus

Timmus

I know you guys hate the Canucks but this game against Chicago is quite good.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, anyone who whips on the 'Hawks is okay in my book.

I prefer it to be MY boys, of course.

Timmus

Timmus

Well, anyone who whips on the 'Hawks is okay in my book.

I prefer it to be MY boys, of course.
Nowhere near a whipping yet but all the history makes any meeting between these teams pretty great IMHO.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Chicago / Vancouver games are always a delight

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Not really a Luongo fan (don't hate the guy or anything, but I'm not like "woo, Luongo rules"). However, seeing his performance so far this season has been pretty awesome, and I'm glad that it's more or less shut the Toronto media up up the trade rumours THEY started. Every game Luongo goes out there and performs like he has been, Damien Cox looks like more of an idiot for suggesting Vancouver is desperate to get rid of him.

Guys, I'm scared. Toronto plays the Bruins on ACC ice tonight. Torontos home record, and Toronto's record against Boston....it's going to be a massacre.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I guess you don't want to know that the "move the Coyotes to Hamilton" rumors have started again, hey?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hamilton? Dude, Markham is building a state of the art stadium just for shits and giggles. A second NHL in Toronto has been roaring for months now. Hamilton? Seriously, do you even google?

Timmus

Timmus

But if you move an NHL team to Hamilton pretty soon Toronto will want one too.

just for the night though: Go Flames, Go Leafs!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Markham is one of what appears to be 10 different suburbs of T.O., and only the latest attempting to get a team.

However, until such building is actually built - and despite their earnestness, I doubt it could be ready by fall - it's going to mean the Yotes will have to play somewhere else until it's open.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Flyers won tonight! Course...we've also lost six times this season.

Timmus

Timmus

Flyers won tonight! Course...we've also lost six times this season.
Holy Shit! Yoshimickster! I didn't know you posted in the nhl thread. Welcome!

PS..... Wanna buy a goalie?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Holy Shit! Yoshimickster! I didn't know you posted in the nhl thread. Welcome!

PS..... Wanna buy a goalie?
Sure! How much is it though?

Timmus

Timmus

How bout briere, bryz, and some picks.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Sounds good!

Timmus

Timmus

Hawks flames game is bananas. Flames take the lead and give up the tying goal in the last minute of regulation.

Timmus

Timmus

Curtis Glencross is going to need a few sessions with a sports psychologist after that one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I think we've got this Shootout thing down, guys.

At this rate, we'll play in 30 shootouts, and go 12-18 for 42 points!

Timmus

Timmus

Rinne is gonna be hella good at them by the end!

jwhouk

jwhouk

...which won't help much in the playoffs.

Timmus

Timmus

He'll be confident?

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, that he'll have all that shootout experience.

Timmus

Timmus

Playing well enough that your team even gets to the shootout translates to the playoffs though.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Man it is a rough year to be a Flames fan.

Timmus

Timmus

Man it is a rough year to be a Flames fan.
I felt bad for flames fans watching that game. Y'all got robbed.

Timmus

Timmus

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Staal takes it out of Canada's zone, nice pass to Staal in on the wing, over to Staal in the slot, Deflection! STAAL SCORES! Yes, Staal from Staal and Staal.

Timmus

Timmus

They just gotta pry the last one outta New York.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Great defence there, guys.
Seriously, this game against Carolina was attrocious.

Timmus

Timmus

Great defence there, guys.
Seriously, this game against Carolina was attrocious.
Don't ever change leafs.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Man, sabres suck

Vrii

Vrii

Myers looks really, really bad.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I felt bad for flames fans watching that game. Y'all got robbed.

Getting robbed at the end of a hard game is pretty much right out of a textbook for the Flames sadly.

Man, sabres suck

Almost as bad as the Flames! :)

Covar

Covar

It was great to see Cam Ward in that form again. I've been really happy with the Hurricanes so far this year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nine points in seven straight road games. I... I really don't know what to say.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

rEIMER.jpg

That isn't even Reimer's current mask. His last two masks have featured transformers, playing on his "Optimus Reim" nickname.
http://ingoalmag.com/masks/maple-leafs-optimus-reimer-makes-major-transformation-on-mask/
http://ingoalmag.com/masks/transformer-optimus-reimer-featured-on-new-maple-leafs-mask/

Also, I take issue with Hiller being so lowly ranked. His masks are classy as fuck.

Timmus

Timmus

View attachment 10194
That isn't even Reimer's current mask. His last two masks have featured transformers, playing on his "Optimus Reim" nickname.
http://ingoalmag.com/masks/maple-leafs-optimus-reimer-makes-major-transformation-on-mask/
http://ingoalmag.com/masks/transformer-optimus-reimer-featured-on-new-maple-leafs-mask/

Also, I take issue with Hiller being so lowly ranked. His masks are classy as fuck.
obvious huricanes homer piece is obvious.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Lol, the Islanders have acquired Tim Thomas.

Vrii

Vrii

They acquired him for nothing and hit the cap floor because of it. Everyone wins.

Timmus

Timmus

I hope he facebooks about it!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Stop it Toronto, you're making me think you might have a chance this year.

Timmus

Timmus

That's all part of their playbook isn't give you some hope and then stomp the shit out of it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Leafs fans tonight:

Seriously. I had a weird feeling about tonight's game, thought tonight was really going to be a defining moment in the Leafs' season. Either they were going to beat the Habs and show that opening night was not a fluke, or they were going to lose and begin their usual fall . Just figured it was to be an important game. Wore my jersey all day before heading to a screening downtown where my films were playing. Got home, I have to admit, expecting to see a blowout Leafs loss. Check TSN and HOLY SHIT.

I really want to see video of the alleged Grabovski bite though. I've always liked Grabovski and if he really did pull a Burrows, I can't abide by that.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It was literally like watching men play against boys. The Leafs were faster all night long against supposed fast skaters, they dominated the forecheck in a sickening fashion, they hit anything that moved and the instant any Montreal player approached Reimer after the whistle he was mugged by 2 or more guys.

That said, the Winnipeg Ottawa game was awesome to watch!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I hate rule 76.4.

Vrii

Vrii

That said, the Winnipeg Ottawa game was awesome to watch!
In that it was horrible, boring, and incredibly sloppy?[DOUBLEPOST=1360531607][/DOUBLEPOST]Also:

Looks like he probably did bite, but given that the hand and arm were completely wrapped around his face for about 10 seconds, I don't really blame him.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

In that it was horrible, boring, and incredibly sloppy?[DOUBLEPOST=1360531607][/DOUBLEPOST]Also:

Looks like he probably did bite, but given that the hand and arm were completely wrapped around his face for about 10 seconds, I don't really blame him.
Its tough to tell, but it does look that way. Disappointing because Grabbo is really not that kind of a player. He plays fairly physical, but not really dirty. I mean his average penalty minutes over his NHL career is only about 40 a season.

This is a bit different from the Burrows/ Bergeron incident though. Grabovski seems to be trying to pull Pacioretty's arm away so he can breathe as both his nose and mouth are obstructed, and he's being pulled down from behind while he's already involved in a scrum from the front. Burrows on the other hand had a clear choice, and it appears like he actually held Bergeron's hand in his mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SxmZWIX0278#t=10s
Course, Bergeron also had a thick hockey glove protecting his hand. Pacioretty was bare skin. That's gotta hurt. I am disappointed in Grabovski here.

Interested to see what the results of the hearing are.

I will also say, this bugged me:
“This shouldn't be happening,” Habs defenceman Josh Gorges said of the bite. “Drop your gloves. Fight. Stand up for yourself.”
Umm... Grabbo had already dropped his gloves, and was involved in a fight already. He was doing just that. Paciorrety came and grabbed his head from behind while he was doing it.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

In that it was horrible, boring, and incredibly sloppy?
It was like a pee wee game on tv! But not the local tv crap, national quality tv! It gave hope to every beer league player in the land! If they can make the NHL so can I!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I hate rule 76.4.
Especially this year. It's one of several rules the refs seem to just be having fun with.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Did you guys know that if you pull the goalie during regular season OT and the other team scores, you get 0 points for the game?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't tell me it actually happened?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Man, the Hawks are just on fire so far. 10 of 12 games on the road, and just two shootout losses to this point.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Did I mention that I HATE THE BLACKHAWKS????

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Did I mention that I HATE THE BLACKHAWKS????

jwhouk

jwhouk

Phhhbt.

I hate that #### song, too.

Timmus

Timmus

Phhhbt.

I hate that #### song, too.
I'm just mad my team doesn't have a goal song that is as opposition enraging. Credit where credits due to the hawks for that.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, if and when my boys score, I do mangle an old song by Tug McGraw's kid.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh god. Here come the Luongo rumours again.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Nah, nobody wants Luongo. The Leafs need a front line centre first.

Timmus

Timmus

Now that a bunch of bipolar Canucks fans think he's the backup they want him to stay...

It can be an irritating fan base at times. Specifically all times.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And Columbus just fired their GM.

Vrii

Vrii

Well, that's quite likely the season. Fucking Matt Cooke.

Edit: Yep. Karlsson out for the year, needs surgery on his Achilles. See you guys next year.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well if you're not gonna be needing that goalie for the rest of the year ...

Vrii

Vrii

I actually hope he does get traded while he's playing this well - the year is a complete write-off now, might as well get some assets for next year and the future.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We'd rather talk to you about some of your forwards, if you don't mind...

Vrii

Vrii

Sorry, they're all hurt now.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, so I noticed.

What really sucks is that Karlsson was probably on pace for the Norris. Now it's looking like Souray's to lose.

I finally looked at the stats so far on the season; seriously - how the flyin' flip are the Sabres so low in the standings when Vanek is having a Hart-worthy season?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Because he's literally our offense.

Vrii

Vrii

Yeah, Karlsson was playing the most dominant hockey I've seen from a defenseman since Lidstrom 5-10 years ago, kid is ridiculous. And now he's not only out for the season, but there's the possibility that he never recovers to the same level. And it's fucking Matt Cooke who did it, the same way he's done it to other star players, and he isn't even going to have a hearing about it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Cage match. Cooke vs. Bertuzzi. Needs to be done.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Cooke married my neighbour. True story. I'm sure you all want to hear the story about how he brought the Stanley Cup over.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Yeah, Karlsson was playing the most dominant hockey I've seen from a defenseman since Lidstrom 5-10 years ago, kid is ridiculous. And now he's not only out for the season, but there's the possibility that he never recovers to the same level. And it's fucking Matt Cooke who did it, the same way he's done it to other star players, and he isn't even going to have a hearing about it.

As much as I hate Cooke, that was not intentional.

Vrii

Vrii

Honestly, I don't even care if this particular play was intentional. He should've been removed from the league about 3 intent-to-injure suspensions ago.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nashville has yet to lose in regulation when scoring a goal. Our three shutouts against this year are the only three time we have not walked away from a game with at least a point.

Think about that for a while.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Nashville has yet to lose in regulation when scoring a goal. Our three shutouts against this year are the only three time we have not walked away from a game with at least a point.

Think about that for a while.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking,

Pipe down, I"m trying to think!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Honestly, I don't even care if this particular play was intentional. He should've been removed from the league about 3 intent-to-injure suspensions ago.
That I agree with. I'm not confident this particular incident was intentional, but the guy should've been removed a long time ago. Guys like him and Torres... I just don't get how the NHL can continue to make room for these guys in the league. I'm all for fights in hockey, the goons, what have you, but there is a line.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So now that LA and Calgary have finished for the night, every team in the league is over 12 games in. We are now 1/4 the way through the shortened season. Lets hear some bold predictions.
I know, 1/4 the way through, rankings aren't likely to change too much. Statistically the majority of the teams in a playoff position at this point in the season, make it in but just to get a discussion going, and cause I'm drinking,
here are the current standings:
Feb16standings.JPG

Bold predictions (some not-so-bold)
  • lowest ranked team in playoffs will be 50pts.
  • Leafs will squeak in, finally. (My inner homer talking) They will then take an early exit. My dad will be pissed as Columbus drafts Nathan McKinnon and the Leafs get NOTHING! THEY LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!
  • East
  1. Boston
  2. Pittsburgh
  3. Carolina
  4. New Jersey
  5. NYR
  6. Tampa Bay
  7. Toronto
  8. Washington (Yes that's right, I'm saying Washington makes it in. They had a rough start.... a REAL rough start. But they seem to be getting their mojo back now)
  • West
  1. Chicago (unless something really drastic happens.... they're just unstoppable this season)
  2. Anaheim
  3. Vancouver (This top three remains unchanged from their current standings. These 3 teams are crushing it this year)
  4. Dallas
  5. St. Louis
  6. Nashville
  7. Detroit
  8. Edmonton

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My dad will be pissed as Columbus drafts Nathan McKinnon
No! You can't have him! He's mine! He has to stay in Halifax forever!

Piotyr

Piotyr

15 games, no losses in the run of play. It's well past insane now.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I laughed.

Edit: I don't know why it's cropped like that. I got it off imgur. Maybe later I'll crop it myself just s it doesn't look stupid.

blotsfan

blotsfan

:(

Covar

Covar

sabresteamphoto.png

cropped it for you.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Stop with the hurt!!!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Trade you a pair of ECHL forwards for your goalie :p

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

jwhouk must be pissed right now

jwhouk

jwhouk

I... I really don't want to see that, do I?

I forgot they played this afternoon.

Maybe INTENTIONALLY.

---

EDIT: Oh.

OH.

*Sigh*

We need a red challenge flag in hockey.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

oh wow that's utter bullshit

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Yup.

Covar

Covar

It's too bad the NHL doesn't have a dedicated group of employees somewhere whose job it is to review scoring plays and reverse the call if necessary...

jwhouk

jwhouk

I really would not mind the stoppages and such if it meant they got the ^&*) call right. They should expand it to all scoring plays - including offsides.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We've had two bad calls go against us this year, and both cost us games. And we don't have the talent of a Chicago or Anaheim; we need every break we can get.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I really wouldn't mind the addition of a challenge towel (with a limit on how many calls can be challenged each game, of course) for the coaches.
The refs in the NHL are not held accountable with any real authority, and that's a problem. Not just for the teams, or for the fans when stuff like this happens, but for the NHL itself. If you're trying to garner new fans, your officiating should up to snuff. Hockey already has a rep as being confusing for new fans to learn the rules, it does not help when the refs can't get the rules right themselves. For the health of the league, some system of accountability needs to be initiated.

jwhouk

jwhouk

There was talk this afternoon on NHL Network Radio about giving coaches two challenges - if you miss on the first one, you lose your time out; lose on the second one, you get a two-minute penalty for delay of game. I'd be all for that.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That is perfectly reasonable to me. Similar rule to how it works in the NLL, and that doesn't slow down their game too much.

jwhouk

jwhouk

*ahem*

"I, hate Red Wings
I hate Red Wings
I hate Red Wings
Red Wings su-uck..."

BErt

*ahem*

"I, hate Red Wings
I hate Red Wings
I hate Red Wings
Red Wings su-uck..."
I wanted to put a disagree on this, but this year...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sabres fire Lindy Ruff.

Not a fan of this. He's the best coach in Sabres history and no one could win with this roster. Just a pr move. I'm gonna miss him.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So anyone see the highlight of Pavel Datsyuk going through the entire Preds team single handed and scoring?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, like that's never happened before. :rolleyes::facepalm:

blotsfan:
1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Lindy Ruff is the head coach of the Buffalo Sabres

Okay, maybe things aren't as certain...

blotsfan

blotsfan

I was in kindergarten last time we had a different head coach.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The Leafs were a playoff mainstay the last time you had a different coach.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I was in kindergarten last time we had a different head coach.
I wasn't a Predators fan the last time you had a different head coach.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

3rd period Penguins vs. Flyers...HOLY SHIT! High octane electric complimentary adjective action.

Vrii

Vrii

I think I just have to laugh at this point. The rest of the team should just refuse to play this year, with how often guys are going down.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, we have reverted to form.

Piotyr

Piotyr

New NHL record, woo!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Shaddup.

Timmus

Timmus

Welp, we have reverted to form.
All I got to say about that game is I wonder if the guy who concealed a catfish on his person for 2+ hours felt it was worth it in the end?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am not legally obligated to discuss that matter.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

All I got to say about that game is I wonder if the guy who concealed a catfish on his person for 2+ hours felt it was worth it in the end?
Never understood why people do this stuff.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Hard to believe this was 6 years ago. I'm really gonna miss Lindy.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I had a chuckle last week when the Leafs and Senators were heading to what looked like a 1-0 game. The CBC crew called it a "Nashville Special" :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

See, everything that can go wrong for me, hockey related, IS going wrong.
  • Nashville can't score goals worth a damn;
  • Chicago is off to a start so hot they need asbestos-laced skates when they hit the ice;
  • Toronto is winning;
  • The only living person of whom I have a hockey sweater is playing for a team I cannot physically stand.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Some day, we will score a goal again.

Some day.
:cry:

Covar

Covar

Stupid defenseman getting injured. You know things are bad when you have to start pulling from Juniors.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Tonight's Ottawa-Toronto game:
C'mon refs! There's only 3 or four more guys to wave out of the face off circle and you'll have 'em all! There's still 12 minutes left, you can do it!

BErt

Some day, we will score a goal again.

Some day.
:cry:
:whistling:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tonight's Ottawa-Toronto game:
C'mon refs! There's only 3 or four more guys to wave out of the face off circle and you'll have 'em all! There's still 12 minutes left, you can do it!
I hate Saturday night refs. :facepalm:

blotsfan

blotsfan

So glad we fired Lindy Ruff. Really obvious that he's the reason we stink

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh shut up.

blotsfan: I'm starting to wonder if we'd prefer Lindy's level of "failure" here in the 'Ville...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Really? Ive always thought of Trotz as one of the best in the league. And I can't say I've paid attention to the Predators this year but I see you're right in the playoff picture.

Edit: Also, new realignment proposal.

I think for the most part, thats a good setup. The only teams I imagine having a big problem with it would be Chicago for not being with Detroit anymore, and Winnipeg for not being with any canadian teams. Of course, if the Coyotes move to QBC, that will create a whole new mess.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Yeah, Chicago hates that proposal. Not just Detroit, but all the other original six teams (Toronto, Montreal, Boston, NY Rangers) would be in the East.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I think Gary Bettman would rather run naked across the 401 in January with a sign saying "I hate the Leafs" rather than have the 'Yotes move.

But I don't think anyone particularly likes that proposal. I just want to know something - what does the NHL have against having a 7-8-7-8 split, with Detroit staying with Chicago, Minnesota and Saint Louis in the "west"?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Detroit has been complaining for a long time about wanting to be in the east.

Covar

Covar

All I request out of a realignment is for Carolina to get stuck in the same conference/division as Buffalo.

blotsfan

blotsfan

All I request out of a realignment is for Carolina to get stuck in the same conference/division as Buffalo.
Unless its just a desire for an easier schedule, why? Most sabres fans are over those conference finals and we were the losers.

Covar

Covar

Because the PNC Arena is nuts when the Sabres are in town. Far more energy than the other 2 teams that split the arena (Pitts and NJ).

jwhouk

jwhouk

I do think that going to seven/six team divisions is a step backwards for the NHL. Of course, I don't think anyone likes the concept of a two conferences of four-divisions each setup much, either.

My little proposal:
Division 1 - Boston, Isles, Rags, Devils
Division 2 - Habs, Sens, Sabres, Leafs
Division 3 - Philly, Caps, Pens, Canes
Division 4 - Panthers, Lightning, Columbus, Nashville
Division 5 - Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, Saint Louis
Division 6 - Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver
Division 7 - Ducks, Kings, Sharks
Division 8 - Dallas, Colorado, Coyotes

blotsfan

blotsfan

Those are pretty good but Boston would freak out if they weren't with montreal. I also think I'd switch columbus and carolina.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I think the main reason the proposal the NHL currently has has Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Boston, Detroit, and Buffalo FLYING OVER 8 other teams to get to two teams in their division is those Florida teams don't get much traffic, except when those teams come down to play the place is jam packed full of snowbirds. Their proposal is not in the interest of reducing flight times and easing scheduling, but in the interest of maximizing profits to keep the league healthy and hopefully boost some of the teams that aren't able to pack the barn as much. They want to maximize on rivalries and proven high attendance games as much as they can.

I don't think a Florida, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Nashville division gets that done. Florida and Tampa Bay pack the house when Toronto's in town. Nashville really ought to be in the same division as Detroit (Given what they're trying to do I was surprised they didn't do this).

jwhouk

jwhouk

(shrug)
Then go with divisions that have one O6 team and two mainstream '67 teams (Philly/Pittsburgh/LA/STL) in them instead.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Put the old Patrick Division back together (like the plan Fehr torpedoed before the lockout would have), then figure the rest out for yourselves.

Covar

Covar

Go old school baseball style. Only East/West Conferences, with an all out fight for the top spots. With 5 wildcards it's essentially what we have now.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, then, why not just have all 30 teams compete for 16 spots, period, then?

jwhouk

jwhouk

WHEW.

Now if someone would just beat the Hawks in regulation, everything would be right with the world.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Okay, that was a pretty good homestand. Now back on the road.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You do know that at some point, you guys have to lose before the third period ends, right?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Hell, they haven't even lost in overtime yet.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This just in! Flames make offer to O'Reilly!

jwhouk

jwhouk

This just in! Predators trade for a former Wisconsin Defenseman!

...No, not that one.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And the Av's just matched the offer....so uh, yeah. Go Leafs.

Edit

Ok, so the Leafs beat the Islanders tonight. That's nice and all, but check out the box score.

No penalties for either team.

The last time this occurred was 3 weeks ago, with the Oilers vs the Leafs .........

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, who took my Predators and put them in Leafs sweaters?

Piotyr

Piotyr

37 points out of 40 possible so far.

Covar

Covar

It's great how well the Hurricanes can play when they have healthy defensemen and two strong lines.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'd settle for someone able to put the puck in the net more than once every three games.

And could someone please shut up about "but you guys are fourth in the West!"? 'Cause we're also one point away from being NOT EVEN IN THE PLAYOFF PICTURE.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'd settle for someone able to put the puck in the net more than once every three games.

And could someone please shut up about "but you guys are fourth in the West!"? 'Cause we're also one point away from being NOT EVEN IN THE PLAYOFF PICTURE.
Have you tried offering Calgary a bundle of sticks for Iginla? The Flames GM is dumb enough to jump at that deal! Have you guys read that he was unaware that O'Reily would have had to clear waivers to join their team? So they almost gave up a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and the player they traded those pics to get, and in return got nothing?

jwhouk

jwhouk

You gotta suspect that it was a gentleman's agreement from the Avs.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Was semi-watching CBJ-CHI while I took care of some household chores. Stepped back into the house just as the game winner was scored in OT. First thought was, "there's going to be one very annoyed Wisconsinite on the boards tonight." :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You know, after a certain point "Chicago extends point streak to x" isn't news anymore. We're at that point. It's not news anymore until the point streak ends. Which at this pace will be when they are forced to play a 5th game in the cup final.

Piotyr

Piotyr

At this point the only other interesting thing about the streak is whether they can catch the Flyers' insane streak of 35 straight regular season games with a point. Counting the last 6 last year, they're at 27 now. Their last loss in regulation was March 25, 2012.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I don't really count stuff like that, because they lost in the playoffs.

Jay

Jay

And they are playing only West teams.

Habs would take them down if they played.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Call it what you will, it's still fun. 39 41 points in 21 22 games is crazy.

Covar

Covar

Swept the season series against buffalo last night, and Eric Staal and Alexander Semin are tied for first place in the league in +/-. While losing starting goaltender Cam Ward may hurt a bit in this stretch, I'm pleased with our backups and think we might do ok.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Can someone stop the Blackhawks? Please?

Before they run away with that big silver Cuppy thingy?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Colorado tonight, the only team in the West the Hawks don't have a point against this year.

Covar

Covar

The Eastern Conference has discussed this as a whole. We've decided to not do anything about Chicago until the Stanley Cup Finals.

jwhouk

jwhouk

But then you guys only get four shots, max!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Let them go ahead and win the Presidents' Trophy. That in itself should be enough to stop them. :D

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Have you tried offering Calgary a bundle of sticks for Iginla? The Flames GM is dumb enough to jump at that deal! Have you guys read that he was unaware that O'Reily would have had to clear waivers to join their team? So they almost gave up a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and the player they traded those pics to get, and in return got nothing?

Damn it... we're not giving Iginla up for a bundle of sticks. We suck enough as it is.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Would you settle for a couple of dissatisfied Russians?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Season is half over now. 45 out of a possible 48 points. Some teams may not get 45 points all year.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Would you settle for a couple of dissatisfied Russians?

That depends... will it help us earn the worst playoff spot and get seeded against the Blackhawks which ensures that we'll get swept in 4 horrible blowouts? ;)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Big Games Tonight!

Leafs vs Boston on tap baby!

And how sick was the knock out last night? You hate seeing things like that.

Timmus

Timmus

Season is half over now. 45 out of a possible 48 points. Some teams may not get 45 points all year.
I know you wrote different words but all i can read is:

Beak beak beak, beak beak beak, beaaaaaaaaakkkkk.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Looks like the realignment is a go. PA is going to sign off on it.

What I don't like is the one-game vs. the other two conferences setup. None of the teams in the West are gonna like not seeing Detroy-it more than once every other year.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I know you wrote different words but all i can read is:

Beak beak beak, beak beak beak, beaaaaaaaaakkkkk.
That sounds like a personal problem. You may want to get that checked out.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's OVER!

Of course, I'm talking about the Predators' losing streak. What did you THINK I was talking about?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Well, that ended about as well as I could have hoped, a no doubter against a team that isn't going to try to use it as motivation in the playoffs. Off night by the goalie and pretty much everyone. Now to focus on keeping everyone healthy until the playoffs.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You've already seen the list of what happens to teams with huge winning streaks in-season and what they generally do in the playoffs, right?

The '72 Dolphins are about the only team to buck the trend of losing in the playoffs, and that was purely by luck (they nearly blew it during two of their playoff games prior to the Super Bowl).

Piotyr

Piotyr

You've already seen the list of what happens to teams with huge winning streaks in-season and what they generally do in the playoffs, right?

The '72 Dolphins are about the only team to buck the trend of losing in the playoffs, and that was purely by luck (they nearly blew it during two of their playoff games prior to the Super Bowl).
The previous two longest point streaks to begin the season in the NHL both won the Stanley Cup.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The previous two longest point streaks to begin the season in the NHL both won the Stanley Cup.
The team with the longest winning streak didn't even make the conference finals. :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

Teams with incredible winning streaks in-season don't generally fare well in the playoffs.

The Patriots went 16-0 but lost in the Super Bowl to the Giants.

The Braves and Brewers both started off the season at 13-0 (1982 and 1989, respectively); the Braves lost in the NLCS while the Brewers didn't even reach the playoffs.

The Rockets, who had the longest NBA win streak in the post-ABA era with 22, lost to Utah in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

The Flyers lost the 1980 Stanley Cup finals to the Islanders.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I guess if you want to hang your hat on that as a reason the Blackhawks don't do well, then knock yourself out. But there's a huge logical correlation/causation problem there. Nobody in a professional league is a 100% certainty to win it all, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be a favorite, even a singular majority favorite.

Timmus

Timmus

Truth. It's hard to beat the combined chances of every other eligible team to win it all.

Covar

Covar

Ron Francis totally gave me the nod after tonight's 6-3 victory over NJ. Went down to ice level to take a pic with my folks and he and a bunch of other execs/coaching staff walked by. I of course returned the 'sup.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ron Francis totally gave me the nod after tonight's 6-3 victory over NJ. Went down to ice level to take a pic with my folks and he and a bunch of other execs/coaching staff walked by. I of course returned the 'sup.
Saint Ron of Francis...

Covar

Covar

Saint Ron of Francis...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So Pens, was the second point worth Gino? That's right, that's right, it's not fun the play the Buds anymore.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It appears to be a disturbing trend in the NHL of "have your Goon take out their star player in exchange for a one-game suspension".

And it appears to have been inflicted upon us in Nashville the last two nights.

If that's going to be how the game's played, it's gonna be a.) a war of attrition and b.) ugly hockey circa 1975.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just want to say for the record, we in Toronto/ GTA/ "Leafland" / whatever, can get just as annoyed with the Toronto media as you folks.
They win at a roughly 50% rate, and it's all "Why the Leafs are going to the playoffs", "Sidney Crosby says Leafs are a Playoff team", "Reimer and Scrivens are the Real Deal.".... They lose three in a row (one in shootout), and suddenly its all "Struggling Leafs" this and "Problematic goaltending" that. With Getzlaf scooped back up by Anaheim, the whole Corey Perry thing is added to the mix (He's not coming to Toronto, guys. Give it a rest). And while a week ago they were curious about whether Lupul would be back anytime soon, the question then was just "Where will he fit in. Where does JVR go?", now its "GOOD GOD WHEN IS HE COMING BACK WE NEED HELP." Same deal with Gardiner.

I've remained cautiously optimistic that the Leafs will squeak into the playoffs at 7th or 8th in the East, that's honestly the best I can expect from them this season. I've been telling people to stop acting like they are so much better this year because last year they had a good start too, people just forget. And now, three in a row, people are acting like the sky is falling.

I will say, it may very well be my fault. I haven't seen nor listened to the last three games because of this business trip. If I were watching or listening, they'd probably be doing better. It is punishment, is what it is. Like when I got pickle juice on my Team Canada Jersey last year.
Sorry HCGLNS.

Also, I can't upload a screencap right now because the hotel wifi is I guess not that good(?) but Toronto Star's headline refers to a "Jim Gardiner"... That is the Star though. There are worse Toronto Newspapers (the Sun), but there are really not worse Toronto Sports sections.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The only real thing that can be said about the Leafs this year, is that their penalty kill is no longer dead last in the league, as it has been for the last 3-7 years. And that is helping them win not lose.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

/If you look at the raw Win-Loss-OT and points stats, the only other thing to say is their season so far almost perfectly matches last year. I won't breathe easy until we hit 30 games, at least.

Jay

Jay

Holy shit is Ottawa a boring team to watch now.

Vrii

Vrii

Hard to be exciting when every top-line player in every position is hurt.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I think we're going to be all right with this new divisional setup rivalry thing.

Because the Stars-Preds game last night essentially proved that old adage of "these two teams do NOT like each other."

Jay

Jay

Hard to be exciting when every top-line player in every position is hurt.
True but still boring as fuck to watch.

Timmus

Timmus

I just want to say for the record, we in Toronto/ GTA/ "Leafland" / whatever, can get just as annoyed with the Toronto media as you folks.
They win at a roughly 50% rate, and it's all "Why the Leafs are going to the playoffs", "Sidney Crosby says Leafs are a Playoff team", "Reimer and Scrivens are the Real Deal.".... They lose three in a row (one in shootout), and suddenly its all "Struggling Leafs" this and "Problematic goaltending" that. With Getzlaf scooped back up by Anaheim, the whole Corey Perry thing is added to the mix (He's not coming to Toronto, guys. Give it a rest). And while a week ago they were curious about whether Lupul would be back anytime soon, the question then was just "Where will he fit in. Where does JVR go?", now its "GOOD GOD WHEN IS HE COMING BACK WE NEED HELP." Same deal with Gardiner.

I've remained cautiously optimistic that the Leafs will squeak into the playoffs at 7th or 8th in the East, that's honestly the best I can expect from them this season. I've been telling people to stop acting like they are so much better this year because last year they had a good start too, people just forget. And now, three in a row, people are acting like the sky is falling.

I will say, it may very well be my fault. I haven't seen nor listened to the last three games because of this business trip. If I were watching or listening, they'd probably be doing better. It is punishment, is what it is. Like when I got pickle juice on my Team Canada Jersey last year.
Sorry HCGLNS.

Also, I can't upload a screencap right now because the hotel wifi is I guess not that good(?) but Toronto Star's headline refers to a "Jim Gardiner"... That is the Star though. There are worse Toronto Newspapers (the Sun), but there are really not worse Toronto Sports sections.
Let's go Blue Jays!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Years ago, an observer from the Ottawa area noted how similar the Preds and Sens were. Unfortunately, that similarity is starting to show up in the IR as well. :(

Jay

Jay

Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.

Why do the Eastern divisions have an extra team? How is that fair?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Detroit and Columbus have been bitching forever about being in the west. That's why.

Jay

Jay

Why are they doing this with a 30 team league? Just move Phoenix to Seattle already and start 2 new franchises in Quebec and Markham.

• Pacific
    1. Anaheim
    2. Calgary
    3. Colorado
    4. Edmonton
    5. Los Angeles
    6. San Jose
    7. Seattle
    8. Vancouver
  • Midwest
    1. Chicago
    2. Columbus
    3. Dallas
    4. Detroit
    5. Minnesota
    6. Nashville
    7. St. Louis
    8. Winnipeg
  • Central
    1. Boston
    2. Buffalo
    3. Markham
    4. Montreal
    5. New York Islanders
    6. Ottawa
    7. Quebec City
    8. Toronto
  • Atlantic
    1. Carolina
    2. Florida
    3. New Jersey
    4. New York Rangers
    5. Philadelphia
    6. Pittsburgh
    7. Tampa Bay
    8. Washington

jwhouk

jwhouk

Because there is NOT going to be further expansion into eastern Canada.

Seattle, Kansas City and even Las Vegas will likely get NHL teams before Canada gets another team.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Imma gonna call it right now:

PIT, CAR, NJD, NYR, PHI, NYI, CLB, WAS = Patrick Division
CHI, STL, MIN, WIN, NAS, DAL, COL = Norris Division
MON, BOS, TOR, OTT, DET, TAM, BUF, FLA = Adams Division
ANA, LOS, VAN, PHX, SAN, EDM, CGY = Smythe Division

Timmus

Timmus

Hey jwhouk this preds nucks game is having an unexpectedly high scoring first period.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Timmus?

#### you.

Timmus

Timmus

Was only a one goal game when I posted that :p. Was more of a comment on Nashville's usually tenacious defence and Vancouver's recent difficulties scoring.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, if you'd like to know how we feel in the Music City, we can have Clune slash both Sedins and Burrows so they're out indefinitely. THAT will let you know what it's like.

Timmus

Timmus

Nah that's cool. You can just keep letting them score.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Since their debut in the NHL in 1998, the Nashville Predators have allowed five or more goals to their opponents 153 times.

They have won a grand total of FIVE of those games.

Timmus

Timmus

Any 1998 to present NHL team that allows 5+ goals in a night should probably expect to lose that game. Your guys were pretty close before though

jwhouk

jwhouk

We have had some BS calls against us this year.

Still.

@ #$%^&*()+_ (*&T^%E$#

ALL THE CUSS WORDS!

Tress

Tress

Dear hockey fans,

Please allow me to be blunt. I know shit about hockey, but because I live near San Jose, I sometimes find myself in the company of Sharks fans. Could you guys fill me in on how good or bad they are, and perhaps arm me with a small bit of knowledge about their performance this year, so I don't look like a complete moron?

Thanks in advance,
Tress

blotsfan

blotsfan

They're meh. Bad offense. Good defense.

Vrii

Vrii

Incredibly streaky. When their top players are scoring they're terrifying, but that only happens in 1-2 week stretches a couple times a season. They're a borderline playoff team right now.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

They're good enough to make it to the playoffs consistently, and then choke.

jwhouk

jwhouk

They're good enough that I don't think it would surprise anyone if they ever made a Cup run.

They're inconsistent enough that they've never done so.

Some years it's goaltending, some years it's their big guns (Marleau, Thornton, etc.) just hitting a wall.

But they've yet to get past the conference Finals.

Frank

Frank

The Oilers, very much like that reorg of the conferences, suck. The Oilers suck, the city sucks for capitulating to the demand by Katz for a taxpayer bought brand new arena and Katz sucks for being such a sleazy fuckface of an owner. It's never been a worse time to be an Edmonton fan.

That's all from me.[DOUBLEPOST=1363343234][/DOUBLEPOST]Fuck, I don't know if I'm just being unobservant, but I don't remember a season where the top teams had such massive differing win/loss records than the lower teams.

I lied about that being all from me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's the curse of Pocklington.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

The Oilers, very much like that reorg of the conferences, suck. The Oilers suck, the city sucks for capitulating to the demand by Katz for a taxpayer bought brand new arena and Katz sucks for being such a sleazy fuckface of an owner. It's never been a worse time to be an Edmonton fan.

That's all from me.[DOUBLEPOST=1363343234][/DOUBLEPOST]Fuck, I don't know if I'm just being unobservant, but I don't remember a season where the top teams had such massive differing win/loss records than the lower teams.

I lied about that being all from me.

Hey, they're still better than the Flames.

Frank

Frank

Just barely. We can wallow in our shitty provincial teams together.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I know... they're both pretty terrible this season... *sigh* As much as Calgarians usually rag on Edmonton... the Oilers are my secondary team I cheer for. So It's been really rough.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We're making Cal-gary look like the '89 cup winning team right now.

Adam

Adam

Hey jwhouk this preds nucks game is having an unexpectedly high scoring first period.
I was there, it was hilarious :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's all your fault, then.

jwhouk

jwhouk

:puke:
It appears that we have given up.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

We're making Cal-gary look like the '89 cup winning team right now.

I don't know what happened that game. Did your team even want to play?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Apparently Sergei Kostitsyn didn't.

Check out the video here.

In the words of an incredulous Pete Weber: "Where was Kostitsyn going?"

Timmus

Timmus

Apparently Sergei Kostitsyn didn't.

Check out the video here.

In the words of an incredulous Pete Weber: "Where was Kostitsyn going?"
I saw the reply. Someone better tell him you don't get a trophy for the season's worst line change.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That wasn't the season's worst line change.

That was like a Hall-of-Fame worst line change.

Timmus

Timmus

There's no such thing and you shouldn't encourage him!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'll encourage him once we CUT HIS ASS.

Yes, I cussed. This team's got me in a cussin' mood.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

[quote="checkeredhat, post: 10357 says]
Sorry HCGLNS.[/quote]
I flew in lastst night and watcheddar half the game at the pub.

jwhouk

jwhouk

There have only been a few times in my life that I have not wanted to be at the corner of 5th and Broadway in downtown Nashville.

Tonight might be one of those nights.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The NHL GM's apparently didn't even bother discussing adding a possible "coach's challenge" as a rule change for next year.

Of course, this IS the NHL we're talking about.

It took them 26 years to realize there were places to play hockey outside of six cities in North America, 40-plus years to realize you could play something called an "overtime" if games were still tied, and 88 years to come up with a way to break ties.

Jay

Jay

Old boys club prevails again.

Covar

Covar

Carolina Hurricanes agree to terms with Alexander Semin on 5 year contract extension.

That work ethic and attitude problem he supposedly had? Looks like the problem was in Washington.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...and it's wearing the number "8", perhaps?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Perhaps. *cough*punk*cough* ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

We KNOW how you feel about him, Steel City boy.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Did you see the Bruins 2nd goal against the Leafs on Monday?

jwhouk

jwhouk

That wasn't even close. SK was calling for a line change as the puck was whizzing past him with two Oiler players.

Timmus

Timmus

How you like them habs tonight Jay?

Jay

Jay

They played like shit but new team chemistry doesn't give up and the heroic performance by our backup got us that win.

Timmus

Timmus

I only caught the last of the third but that shootout performance was amazing.

Timmus

Timmus

My god did Calgary ever get hosed in the Iginla trade.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So did Boston. :D

Timmus

Timmus

Yeah, well the Pittsburgh deal was clearly the better one. I was disappointed to hear he was going to Boston and happy to hear he's going to penguins.

Timmus

Timmus

Yeah, well the Pittsburgh deal was clearly the better one. I was disappointed to hear he was going to Boston and happy to hear he's going to penguins.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Covar

Covar

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Man... it's a rough ROUGH season to be a Flames fan.

So long Iginla, after your many years of service you deserve a shot at a cup. Guess I'll be rooting for the Pengiuns this year.

Timmus

Timmus

He just heard iginla went to the pens instead.

Jay

Jay

Yep, for less than Pens paid for Morrow.

Jay Feaster truly is useless.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dear Ottawa,

It's over. Give it up. You can't reasonably call yourself anything other than the Toronto Maple Leafs Fan Team. When the cheers for the visiting team consistently drown out those for your home town boys and you litter the ice with hats for an opposing players hat trick, it's done. You can no longer pretend to be anything other than a collection of fans who couldn't get Leafs tickets.

Sincerely,

Reality.

Vrii

Vrii

Dear Leafs fans,

it's still sad that you need to validate your fandom by making fun of other, much newer fan bases. Guess that's what happens when your team is completely inept for...what is it, 40 years now?

Good effort though.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Dear Senators and Leafs fans,
I hate you both.

Timmus

Timmus

Dear Ottawa,

It's over. Give it up. You can't reasonably call yourself anything other than the Toronto Maple Leafs Fan Team. When the cheers for the visiting team consistently drown out those for your home town boys and you litter the ice with hats for an opposing players hat trick, it's done. You can no longer pretend to be anything other than a collection of fans who couldn't get Leafs tickets.

Sincerely,

Reality.
If that's what a modicum of success does to leaf fans I hope those boys continue to suck for another 40 years.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I keep telling you people: it's not when the Cubs win the World Series that Armageddon will be ushered in. It's when the LEAFS WIN THE CUP AGAIN that it will happen.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

If that's what a modicum of success does to leaf fans I hope those boys continue to suck for another 40 years.
Smack talk: It's all good, unless you're a Leafs fan. Only then, are you an asshole.[DOUBLEPOST=1364864870][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dear Leafs fans,

it's still sad that you need to validate your fandom by making fun of other, much newer fan bases. Guess that's what happens when your team is completely inept for...what is it, 40 years now?

Good effort though.
Forty-six, thank you very much.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Flames are bleeding players left right and center. Soon the team will consist solely of draft picks that haven't been picked yet.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sabres are selling players off too. Regher and Leopold traded in the past 2 days.

Jay

Jay

And the picks Calgary is getting aren't THAT amazing. Still 3 1st round picks this year, I hope their scouts do their job.

And congrats on the rebuild, it's only been due for 3+ years.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well, finally something good and memorable about this season for the sabres.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, frack. Jagr gone from the Stars, means I won't get to see him play live in the NHL. Guess I'll just be seeing the future on the ice at the end of April when I go to the Stars game. I'm not seeing it as a good game right now...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I can't wait for the trade deadline to be over.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So you can see how every team in the East will have loaded up against the Leafs?

Timmus

Timmus

So you can see how every team in the East will have loaded up against the Leafs?
They're ready, they'll have kipper.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So the media will shut up about how we should apparently trade good prospects and good players, or throw away draft picks, to fix our apparent problem in goal. You know, that problem of having .920 SV% goaltender. Yeah, according to Toronto media we need to fix that and trade absolutely whatever we need in order to get a goaltender who said he wanted to quit after this year, won't report to another team if traded, and carries a .868 SV%.
That will fix our "problem".
I know they want a veteran presence at least AVAILABLE in net if we make the playoffs, but this proposed trade still doesn't make sense to me. GRanted, we still don't know for sure the final cost the Leafs would be giving up, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing so far. [DOUBLEPOST=1364991081][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not listening. Not listening.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Yeah, and who the hell are we going to have left? *sobs*

And the picks Calgary is getting aren't THAT amazing. Still 3 1st round picks this year, I hope their scouts do their job.

And congrats on the rebuild, it's only been due for 3+ years.

Yeah, this did have to happen but I really like Iginla and was very sad to see him go.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Kipper was never going anywhere. Leafs did pick up a decent player in O'Byrne from the Avs. Not sure why the Avs let him go for only a 4th round pick next year.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Losing pominville sucks but we got so much for him. Hope the rebuild works.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not sure, but I think someone may have run up a white flag on the tower outside the Bridgestone Arena.

Meanwhile, Caps fans are calling it "the worst trade in franchise history". Geez, and I thought Leafs fans overreacted too much...

Piotyr

Piotyr

Blackhawks apparently traded for someone by the name of Maxime Sauve.

If I'd been the GM, I make that trade on name alone.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, it all depends - are you trading Robin Big Snake for him?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

This is what the hard hitting TSN coverage of this year's exciting trade deadline day looked like:

jwhouk

jwhouk

:facepalm:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

It was kind of a slow day.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Beside the fact that we ran a white flag up the tower outside Bridgestone Arena?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Beside the fact that we ran a white flag up the tower outside Bridgestone Arena?
I don't think Nashville had even been involved in a trade at the point that video takes place. The countdown says 4 hours left, and as I recall things didn't pick up until after noon EST.
I thought it was funny, because Jay and Dan both had jokingly pleaded a few weeks ago to the NHL something along the lines of "Please don't get traded until deadline day, or we're going to have nothing to talk about."
And then Iginla and Perry (The two biggest remaining stories at the time) were all dealt with before the trade deadline, and the first 12 hours of deadline day almost nothing happened. Same thing pretty much happens every year, all the TSN guys say they hate deadline day for that reason.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Maybe it's just because the Sabres were part of a big trade but I thought this was the most exciting trade deadline in years.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Stick a fork in 'em. They're done.

Now, a 10-game audition for the Milwaukee Admirals players for 2013-14.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The Predators fucking suck and will never have even one player that would play on the top offensive line for any playoff team ever. Fuck

jwhouk

jwhouk

Technically, it won't be official until tomorrow, when Chicago whips us again.

I swear, if we ever got a guy who scored 45 goals in a season with 10 to go, Trotzy would sit him down the last 10 games for being "defensively irresponsible."

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Was realy hoping for the Bruins to beat Montreal tonight.

I don't like this 4th place Boston 5th place Leafs thing. It's scary.

Jay

Jay

Bruins ain't got nothing on us.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Can't even tank right...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Two teams are in the playoffs already!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Two teams are in the playoffs already!
Soon we can get the playoff pool started!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile, I'll head up the "Suck For Seth!" Pool.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Where we the famous and elite will be stressed over picking our team for loyalty or whatever team they meet in the second round for pool reasons.

Jay

Jay

Back to back we get the worst Refs in the league. How does Tim Peel and Chris Lee still have NHL jobs?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Where we the famous and elite will be stressed over picking our team for loyalty or whatever team they meet in the second round for pool reasons.
My, but you're a confident one. Right now it's looking like Leafs vs Bruins in first round. I know, 3/4 points last time around, but it still frightens me.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I hate that match up, if it happens it goes 7 games and the winner gets tossed aside in the next round. It's like a Dallas v Edmonton series from the late 90's earlies 00'ies.

Timmus

Timmus

I hate that match up, if it happens it goes 7 games and the winner gets tossed aside in the next round. It's like a Dallas v Edmonton series from the late 90's earlies 00'ies.
Man I loved that match up.

Jay

Jay

My worst nightmare would be that the Habs get assigned Tim Peel and Chris Lee in the 1st round of the playoffs. You know, the only round they get to work before they are thanked and get to enjoy their early summer.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

http://www.outsports.com/2013/4/11/4212362/nhl-announces-official-partnership-with-you-can-play
Obviously a bunch of NHL players and coaches already supported You Can Play as individuals and of course the Burkes are the driving force behind it, but the NHL and NHLPA now officially endorse, as organizations, the You Can Play campaign.
"It’s not a big deal if you’re straight or gay or whatever you are, it’s a matter of being a good teammate," Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference told the New York Times. "We take a lot of pride in viewing the locker room as a family and treating each other like brothers. If one of those brothers feels ostracized for what he is, it’s just wrong."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=665255&navid=DL|NHL|home
Edit:
BWA-HAHAHAHAHA, look at Bettman's face!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

With the win over Buffalo, Montreal has officially clinched a Playoff Spot.

BErt

The Wings have not beaten the Blackhawks this year. They have 2 shoot-out losses, 1 OT loss, and one horrible, horrible blowout.

And yet I'd still take a Paypal bet that Detroit wins in a 7 game series...*

*statement percentages are 70/30 based on alcoholism/gambling problem.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

We got four in the playoffs now. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Montreal, and now Anaheim.
Going to get the playoff pool image ready. Did we all agree on the rules for this year? Staggered point system this year so the later rounds are worth more?
I think what HCGLNS had suggested was we do was:

1st round: Winning team
2nd round: Winning team and number of games
3rd round: Winning team, number of games and number of OT
4th round: Winning team, number of games, number of OT, Conn Smythe

I'm going to try and make up a banner and request it for the front page; might be able to lure some members from other parts of the forum.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We've run up the white flag at 5th and Broadway. The Milwaukee Admirals* lost to the Dallas Stars 5-2 last night.

* - The AHL farm team for the Nashville Predators, for those of you who are truly clueless. What is truly sad, though, is that all but two of the players who dressed last night actually ARE former Admirals.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

* - The AHL farm team for the Nashville Predators, for those of you who are truly clueless. What is truly sad, though, is that all but two of the players who dressed last night actually ARE former Admirals.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's often a sign of good drafting and an excellent farm team system. (see Detroit)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not when the results were what they are.

Fun fact - the number three star of the game last night was a former Admiral.

Too bad he was wearing a Stars uniform.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I was one of the few people that predicted trading our top line winger to Minnesotta for prospects would make us better, and them significantly worse.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That was a great game last night, eh HCGLNS and Jay?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Not really, it showed that the Leafs have lots of room for improvement and that despite making the playoffs, Montreal has no business being in them.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just wanted to rub in the win to Jay, really.
But yeah, the game was really basically won by goaltending. Reimer was stellar, Price had a bad (To put it lightly) night, and Budaj obviously couldn't make the difference.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I have mixed feelings about tonight's game.

Jay

Jay

When was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs again?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well, I was building this house I live in, had no kids of any kind, it was 3 cats, 2 lizards and 14 fish ago, facebook was only a few months old, the Olympics are about to be held in Greece (paid on their VISA) and Ronald Reagan was still alive.[DOUBLEPOST=1365997031][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have mixed feelings about tonight's game.
No you don't.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Not really sure how the past eight years are relevant to the game two nights ago, but if it comforts Canadiens' fans to know they lost 5-1 to a team that hasn't made the playoffs since Marlon Brando was alive, so be it.
:D

Seriously though. Montreal was actually the better team on the ice. Price just had a really shitty night and Reimer had a great one. That being said, Leafs won, and have outscored the Habs 15-7 so far this season.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Not really sure how the past forty-six years are relevant to the game two nights ago, but if it comforts Canadiens' fans to know they lost 5-1 to a team that hasn't won the Cup since Claude Rains was alive, so be it.
Just as applicable. ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Sucking for Seth" is currently in progress in Nashville.

Jay

Jay

Not really sure how the past eight years are relevant to the game two nights ago, but if it comforts Canadiens' fans to know they lost 5-1 to a team that hasn't made the playoffs since Marlon Brando was alive, so be it.

Seriously though. Montreal was actually the better team on the ice. Price just had a really shitty night and Reimer had a great one. That being said, Leafs won, and have outscored the Habs 15-7 so far this season.
Blah blah blah...are we doing this again?

Habs don't show up for Laugh games when they should and only care about playing other teams such as Boston and Rangers, who matter. I wish they'd show up in Laugh games so that fat lipped Laugh fans who haven't seen the Leafs make the playoffs since Windows XP was new, haven't won the cup since the Vietnam war, would shut their mouth but life is hard that way.

IMHO Price is aware playoffs are coming soon and is already showcasing his stellar playoff form. Overrated goalie is already shaking in his pants. I fucking miss Halak.

Frankly, the Habs got into the playoffs while playing the shitty Sabres while dominated them completely and took a few days to party and it showed against Toronto. Disgusting.

Also "typical Toronto officiating" ruled supreme. Repeatedly run players without the puck repeatedly? Occasional minor calls, if that. Hit or whack Subban with your stick when he doesn't have the puck? He takes a penalty for being "BLACK".

Officiating in Toronto has been notorious around the league this season. When your team takes 10 cheap shots on players every game and only get called for 1-2 of them, it affects the other team no matter how many times they fight. You have to dive after getting dirty hits to get calls because they won't call it otherwise. Blindside hit on Pacioretty? Good clean hit. Pacioretty good clean hit on Letang? 3 game suspension.

How bad was the officiating in that game? Habs net gets pushed off its moring and the play still went on in their zone for a full 15+ seconds while Budaj was screaming at the officials the net was off the moring while the Laughs cycled the puck. 4 zebras saw NOTHING, called NOTHING.

Yep, great officiating. Every Hab fan knew it. Habs players knew it. Coaching knew it. Not if we don't want to look like whiners or get a big fine. No one can speak about it because the league is setup that way. Your coach knows it and exploits it. That fat fuck never even played that way.

This was the 2nd time it happened this very season against the same team, in the same arena but Laugh fans won't acknowledge it with their Laugh tinted glasses but it's clear as day they are a dirty team but won't get called on it. Get a lead in a game, goon it and barely get any calls.

But that's the NHL, epic non-bias officiating league.

My wish? Someone puts an elbow in Kadri's face and takes him out for the season just like someone else tried to do to Lupul. Toronto treats concussions on their players so well, don't they?

Kadri is a little bitch. He performs a dirty hit on Gallagher, when asked to drop by a smaller guy, he fucken turtled.

Remember this bitch on your blueline who won't drop gloves against someone who's able to fight? Another epic turtle.

Nope, he'll run after Gionta and Plekanec though.

The Habs are a soft team though, right? Run Subban, run Plekanec, the Refs in Toronto won't call it. Sometimes you're lucky and you'll hit Subban and he'll get a call for being "BLACK".

My worst nightmare? We get to play the leafs in the playoffs and we get assigned Tim Peel and Chris Lee who are notoriously Leaf lovers and Habs won't stand a chance while they the perform the screwjob of the year. Then they'll get the rest of the season off as better refs will continue to work the rest of the series.

Covar

Covar

It's fun listening to a Canadian team fan complain about officiating.

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Isn't it cute when they play like that?"
- Fans of the other 14 teams that will probably end up winning the Cup this year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Bruins/Senators game postponed tonight.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

"Isn't it cute when they play like that?"
- Fans of the other 14 teams that will probably end up winning the Cup this year.
But what did the Preds say?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Spoilered for length: Response to Jay.
Blah blah blah...are we doing this again?
I wasn't going to even respond to this, because in all honesty Jay, you are one of my favourite posters here on the forum, when you and I aren't arguing, and it does seem that you and I have been butting heads a lot over the past year or so, and not even about the big political stuff, over stupid shit like a hockey game. But rather than ignore it, I'll address it as calmy and as rationally as I can, point by point, and then let it die.
Habs don't show up for Laugh games when they should and only care about playing other teams such as Boston and Rangers, who matter. I wish they'd show up in Laugh games so that fat lipped Laugh fans who haven't seen the Leafs make the playoffs since Windows XP was new, haven't won the cup since the Vietnam war, would shut their mouth but life is hard that way.
I honestly don't understand the "fat lipped" thing. Is this a Quebecois insult? I've only ever heard it referring to someone who took a punch to the mouth. This is not me trying to agitate you further at all, this is a real, legitimate question; the only explanation I can think of is this means something else in Quebecois french and is meant to be taken as an insult. Unless it means something else in English too, and I've just not heard this used as an insult before?
IMHO Price is aware playoffs are coming soon and is already showcasing his stellar playoff form. Overrated goalie is already shaking in his pants. I fucking miss Halak.
I think you misunderstood what I said here. In absolutely no way did I mean to disparage Price. He's a stellar goaltender, my favourite player on the Habs for sure. All I said is he had a bad night. And I don't think you can really argue that. For him to let in 3 goals in 4 shots, a goalie of his calibre, that is the definition of a bad night. You simply can't realistically argue it's not a bad night for him. I'm sure he'll bounce back though. He is a great goalie. Can't wait until the 2014Olympics so I can cheer for him for once.
Frankly, the Habs got into the playoffs while playing the shitty Sabres while dominated them completely and took a few days to party and it showed against Toronto. Disgusting. Also "typical Toronto officiating" ruled supreme.
Of the three wins Toronto has over Montreal this year, this is the first on Toronto ice.
Repeatedly run players without the puck repeatedly? Occasional minor calls, if that. Hit or whack Subban with your stick when he doesn't have the puck? He takes a penalty for being "BLACK".
I'm going to be perfectly honest; I don't recall the incident in question. Might have been while I was in the bathroom at the bar. And I'm having trouble finding video of it. I might agree with you on this one, though I'd disagree on the racial incentive and chalk it up to just plain bad reffing.
Officiating in Toronto has been notorious around the league this season. When your team takes 10 cheap shots on players every game and only get called for 1-2 of them, it affects the other team no matter how many times they fight. You have to dive after getting dirty hits to get calls because they won't call it otherwise. Blindside hit on Pacioretty? Good clean hit. Pacioretty good clean hit on Letang? 3 game suspension.
It's funny, because as notorious as you claim it has been, I haven't heard a thing. And before you give me allegations of Toronto Media being ridiculously biased (Which it absolutely is), I'm not talking about from Toronto Media, or from Toronto fans, I'm talking about fans on r/hockey, where Toronto is despised. Also, Letang doesn't play for the Leafs. Though I won't argue that dirty hits sometimes go uncalled; this is in absolutely no way restricted to Toronto though.
How bad was the officiating in that game? Habs net gets pushed off its moring and the play still went on in their zone for a full 15+ seconds while Budaj was screaming at the officials the net was off the moring while the Laughs cycled the puck. 4 zebras saw NOTHING, called NOTHING.
I have seen this happen in just about every barn in the league, including the Bell Centre. Bad officiating, yes. Absolutely. You're right. Unfortunately, it still happens. This is one example of why I feel the NHL refs need some kind of system to hold them accountable. A coaches' challenge would go a long way, though it wouldn't help with these scenarios.
Yep, great officiating. Every Hab fan knew it. Habs players knew it. Coaching knew it. Not if we don't want to look like whiners or get a big fine. No one can speak about it because the league is setup that way. Your coach knows it and exploits it. That fat fuck never even played that way. This was the 2nd time it happened this very season against the same team, in the same arena but Laugh fans won't acknowledge it with their Laugh tinted glasses but it's clear as day they are a dirty team but won't get called on it. Get a lead in a game, goon it and barely get any calls. But that's the NHL, epic non-bias officiating league.
Again, the only other game they played in this arena this season was a 5-2 win for the Habs, in which Toronto served 10minutes of penalty time while Montreal served only 2. Perhaps you're thinking of the other blowout game, which took place on Montreal ice. The Leafs served 51 PIM compared to the Canadiens' 62 PIM there.
My wish? Someone puts an elbow in Kadri's face and takes him out for the season just like someone else tried to do to Lupul. Toronto treats concussions on their players so well, don't they?
This is why I needed to respond to this post. This I find shocking, and it makes me lose a bit of respect for you. You don't like Kadri, I get it. You hate Kadri, I get it. You want Kadri to see serious discipline, I get it, even if I disagree with your assessment of his play due to one or both of us wearing our homer goggles. But to actively wish this kind of head hunting, head targetting, this kind of dangerous play, hoping to seriously injure a young player and potentially end his promising career, this I don't get. as a Montreal fan, you should know as well as anyone the danger in this kind of targetting and irresponsible play in the league.
Kadri is a little bitch. He performs a dirty hit on Gallagher, when asked to drop by a smaller guy, he fucken turtled.
I made the same argument about Subban last year and his dirty hits and constant slew footing, and I'll cut and paste your own response here. The majority of it still applies to Kadri; though the two play two different positions, they play similar roles as agitators (Also I will add that Subban has matured quite a bit, and I hope Kadri follows a similar path):
Take off your rose-color tinted glasses people. His job isn't to drop the gloves against the big boys. His job is play sound defensively, to be able to provide good outlet passes and to contribute offensively when he can. He's currently in his sophromore season, he's adapting in his new role as 3 of Montreal's top 6 defensemen are injured (until Gill came back this week, we only had 2 NHL defensement out of 6). He's eating a lot of minutes 30+ a game and doing very well. If he's able to get under the skin of other players and give them a hard time and have them hate him, all the better. If you can't appreciate him for all he can bring, I'll only assume you got Subbang envy.
[/quote]Again, obviously, Kadri and Subban play different roles, so replace "defensively" with "offensively", etc. You can fill in the blanks there I'm sure. Nonetheless, it isn't Kadri's job to drop the mitts. That being said, this is some funny looking turtling: Looks to me like he was ready to go and the refs stepped in. Whether the hit was dirty or not though, it's a bit of a grey area to me. By the book, definitely dirty. Gallagher had already passed. But you see this type of hit a half a dozen times every game, and it rarely gets called. And again, it seems just a wee bit hypocritical to me to say he hits dirty, then say you wish someone would intentionally hit him dirty to remove him from the game.
Remember this bitch on your blueline who won't drop gloves against someone who's able to fight? Another epic turtle.
Again, Phaneuf can and will fight when pressured (He isn't that good at it though); it isn't his job to do so though, and he knows he's not very good at it. He recognizes his role, recognizes the team gains more with him ON the ice, and he shows discipline here. I'm not even a Phaneuf fan; I'm one who wouldn't mind at all seeing him traded and have voiced that often and loudly, but I don't see a problem with the team captain not dropping the mitts when there's no reason for him to do so. Toronto's a team that agitates, with a handful of enforcers to deal with the inevitable results, and their success this year is largely because everyone is doing a much better job of adhering to their roles.
Nope, he'll run after Gionta and Plekanec though. The Habs are a soft team though, right? Run Subban, run Plekanec, the Refs in Toronto won't call it. Sometimes you're lucky and you'll hit Subban and he'll get a call for being "BLACK". My worst nightmare? We get to play the leafs in the playoffs and we get assigned Tim Peel and Chris Lee who are notoriously Leaf lovers and Habs won't stand a chance while they the perform the screwjob of the year. Then they'll get the rest of the season off as better refs will continue to work the rest of the series.
Basically, yeah, I'm wearing Toronto homer goggles. They aren't thick enough that I can't see them when I look in the mirror though. So if you ever want to actually have a discussion regarding perceived unfair officiating, instead of just throwing insults around, you'll see that I'm rational and can remove said homer goggles if I wish. I sincerely hope none of this comes across as an attempt to further instigate any sort of argument; that absolutely was not my intention. As for my initial statements: they were merely good-natured friendly jabs, with absolutely nothing real behind them; in fact I almost immediately stated that Montreal actually played the better game. Had Price not had such a shakey start, the game very well could have gone quite differently; bad officiating or no. With all that behind us, I suggest we either take this to PMs or simply end it here, because as tiring as this is for both of us, it's triple that for everyone else in the thread.
[/quote]

Vrii

Vrii

because as tiring as this is for both of us, it's triple that for everyone else in the thread.
I'm actually finding it pretty amusing, both as a fan of another Canadian team and as hype for a potential first round matchup.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm actually finding it pretty amusing, both as a fan of another Canadian team and as hype for a potential first round matchup.
I laughed at this. At least someone is entertained by this, I guess.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I laughed at this. At least someone is entertained by this, I guess.

It's better than watching the Flames get annihilated... :facepalm:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"Sucking for Seth" is currently in progress in Nashville.
This just makes me giddy with how deep the draft is this year. Go Moose! (8W - 0L, 46 goals for, 9 against thus far in the playoffs)

But some good news for Toronto fans! They got another win tonight and some much needed offence from

getting his first point of the season!

blotsfan

blotsfan

This seasons sucks. Sabres are gonna finish 9th and the Leafs will be in the playoffs. As long as I've been seriously following hockey I've always been able to say "well, that sucked, but at least we aren't the Leafs."

DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just for you blotsy!

Would the Toronto media please shut the fuck up about tonights game already! We know, we fucking get it, we passed grade 1 math! Leafs win, Jets don't get a point and the Leafs make the playoffs. Just completely ignore how awesome Washington is playing right now.

Also, Tambellini - Ha Ha!

And I say White gets 4 games.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Just for you blotsy!

Would the Toronto media please shut the fuck up about tonights game already! We know, we fucking get it, we passed grade 1 math! Leafs win, Jets don't get a point and the Leafs make the playoffs. Just completely ignore how awesome Washington is playing right now.

Also, Tambellini - Ha Ha!

And I say White gets 4 games.
Yeah, thanks for this, Toronto media.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

....5-1
.... It's not happening tonight, is it?

jwhouk

jwhouk

(Phew!)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have always felt that when you start counting on another team to lose, you start not counting on yourself to win. Leafs needed this halibut tonight. They may be winning, but they are not winning well and they need to fix that before the playoffs.

And somethin' else. I loved how Nashville stood up for Rinne on Sunday and felt absolutely embarrassed at how the Canucks responded. They are not going far with that kind of teamwork.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The "standing up" thing isn't normal for the Preds, mind you.

Timmus

Timmus

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

That's just crazy... Dodger Stadium? We sure they're not going to be doing water polo instead?

Timmus

Timmus

If they can build an NHL calibre sheet of ice there I'll actually be quite impressed.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

If they can build an NHL calibre sheet of ice there I'll actually be quite impressed them,
Average temps for LA area in January are 68 for high and 48 for low, February is 69 and 49. It's not going to be an easy task at all.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, they'll have at least three months to get it ready.

Jay

Jay

Jesus christ, the fuck happened to this team.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Just when I think I'm out...they suck me back in!!!

Also, I didn't watch the game, but apparently, the Sabres joined the Bruins in a salute of the crowd. I'm very glad the two teams decided to do it, even with all the bad blood we've had over the past few years.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Just when I think I'm out...they suck me back in!!!

Also, I didn't watch the game, but apparently, the Sabres joined the Bruins in a salute of the crowd. I'm very glad the two teams decided to do it, even with all the bad blood we've had over the past few years.
Apparently it was Vanek's idea:
http://nesn.com/2013/04/andrew-fere...s-thomas-vaneks-idea-calls-move-ultra-classy/
And here's the video:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=240083&lang=en

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

oh FFS.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I have no idea why Orr took that fight. He killed the momentum for the Leafs. They were up 2-0, had just killed a 5 on 3 penalty, McLaren had just had a scrap. And he takes a staged fight off the face-off.
I swear that fight just sucked all the enery out of the Leafs and straight into Tavares.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why not just friggin fire the puck at the net from the red line. They'll get more shots on net and decent scoring chances that way.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So. We're talking a six-game losing streak to end the season - which promptly knocks the Leafs out of the playoffs?

Yeah, I can see it.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

On the plus side, any goals we score completely destroy the oppositions save percentage. 2 goals scored? Enjoy that .667 save % bitch!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So. We're talking a six-game losing streak to end the season - which promptly knocks the Leafs out of the playoffs?

Yeah, I can see it.
This is why I haven't stopped holding my breath here, and why it's annoyin me everyone is talking like we're already guaranteed that playoff spot. Like a 6 game losing streak is completely unheard of for TORONTO.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dammit Carolina!

<- hypocrite

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Finally HCGLNS has come back to Toronto! And FINALLY THE LEAFS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh great.

Now they're gonna probably start planning the Stanley Cup championship parade.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh great.

Now they're gonna probably start planning the Stanley Cup championship parade.
Hahahaha, oh you. Like that's not planned already.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

From the Leafs' facebook page:

Timmus

Timmus

Congratulations...just try not to get used to it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Meanwhile in the Western Conference...

Vancouver also clinched their playoff spot. Timmus is just too used to that sort of thing to bother mentioning it.

BErt

Well since the Red Wings probably won't be making the playoffs for the first time in 22 years, I for one will be rooting for the Maple Leafs. Dougie Gilmore and Mats Sundin are tremendous players. And Felix Potvin is a fantastic young goaltender with an amazing future ahead of him.

blotsfan

blotsfan

All is lost

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Hockey Night In Canada did not ignore Rush's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, either:

Timmus

Timmus

Meanwhile in the Western Conference...

Vancouver also clinched their playoff spot. Timmus is just too used to that sort of thing to bother mentioning it.
:cool:...It's the very least I expect of them...I get to go see them on Thursday vs Anaheim. If the division lead is still in play it could be a very good game.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Hockey Night In Canada did not ignore Rush's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, either:
I love the way the closed captioning just gave up after being so far behind on the lyrics.

Covar

Covar

Hurricanes won their last 2 so that's something. :(

This morning the Canes recalled Jared Staal from Charlotte. If Mark was healthy all four brothers would be playing in the next game.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'll just leave this here... At the expense of my city's team
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...cago-Blackhawks-04-24-2013-W0QQAdIdZ477724110

Jay

Jay

Geez

jwhouk

jwhouk

Our new addition got his first NHL point last night. Unfortunately, it was in a winning cause over the Cal-gary Flames, which means our chances of getting him talent equal to his caliber of player are diminishing.

Timmus

Timmus

Our new addition got his first NHL point last night. Unfortunately, it was in a winning cause over the Cal-gary Flames, which means our chances of getting him talent equal to his caliber of player are diminishing.
I wouldn't worry about it. Trotz has been turning chicken shit to chicken salad for years.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2013/04/24/20768016.html

Now the results of this donnybrook are in;

Both head coaches suspended 1 game.
5 skaters from 1 team and 7 skaters from the other suspended at least 1 game

But wait there's more!

Every starting goaltender has been suspended! All 4 of them!

So the critical game 5 of a series tied 2-2 will feature goalies that have never really seen the team before!

jwhouk

jwhouk

What is this I don't even

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The QMJHL seems kinda messed up.

In other news,
The Jags are now available in gif form:

(Some context provided here and here if you haven't seen them before)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yeah, those two teams are just fighting over who has to face the Mooseheads in the final.

Also, the HERD sweeps into the final with their 12th win in a row tonight!

GO MOOSE GO!

mooseheads.gif

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Alright, so matchups are all but locked up. We can't start the playoff pool until Sunday night officially because there is still a bit of wiggle room, but since the playoffs start Tuesday, I'm officially announcing it now. Predictions can begin Sunday following the Boston Ottawa game, and need to be made by, I will say, noon Tuesday.
Unless anyone has objections we will go with HCGLNS suggestion on the breakdown, I've added my own scoring onto it. Decided to add bonus points in for getting a combo:
1st round- winning team (2 pts)
2nd round- winning team (2 pts) and number of games (1 pt) [BONUS 1 pt for getting both right]
3rd round- winning team (2 pts) and number of games (1 pt) and number of OT (1 pt) [BONUS 2 pts for getting all three right]
4th round- winning team(2 pts) and number of games (1 pt) and number of OT(1 pt) and the Conn Smythe winner (2 pts) (BONUS 3 pts for getting all 4 right]
And a playlist of all the NHL "Because it's the Cup" commercials from this year:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Minnesota needs just one win to clinch a playoff spot, and playing the Oilers at home they give up 6 goals in the first two periods.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stars decided to make the Western race easier on Thursday night, never mind that they just needed to win two at home, just lose the 1st game and get the whole angst thing done and over. Couple of good fights in the game though, and like half of the arena missed the first Columbus goal just 19 second into the game.

BErt

*exhales

Piotyr

Piotyr

So in the west it looks like Detroit-Anaheim, Vancouver-SJ/LA loser, St. Louis-SJ/LA winner, and Chicago-Minnesota unless Colorado scores in the next four minutes. I'm assuming St. Louis wins, because I'm not sure I've ever heard of half of the players in Blackhawks sweaters today.

In the East, if Boston wins tomorrow it's Pittsburgh-Ottawa, Boston-NY Islanders, Washington-NY Rangers, and Montreal-Toronto, and if Ottawa wins tomorrow it's Pittsburgh-NY Islanders, Montreal-Ottawa, Washington-NY Rangers, and Boston-Toronto.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

The Stars are getting a new GM, the assistant GM from the Dead Things Red Wings (gotta be nicer since we absolutely blew a chance to screw with their playoff race...). Plus we get an entirely new travel schedule next year, half the travel mileage that we've had in a normal year. I'm pulling for the Blackhawks for the Cup. This is from waaaaaay back in the day when Dallas had a farm team for Chicago and all the players lived in the same neighborhood that we lived in. Kinda hoping that we'll have the Penguins to match up in the finals, just to have the two best from the regular season settle it all.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Whether it's against Boston or Montreal doesn't even matter; Toronto plays like that in the playoffs and our first post season in 9 years is a real short one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp. Glad that mess is over.

Now, time to pray the ping pong balls fall in our favor.

Vrii

Vrii

Ottawa-Montreal in round one!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, are we doing an all-at-once thing, or a series-by-series thing?

1st round-
  • Chicago over Minnesota in four
  • Detroit over Anaheim in six
  • San Jose over Vancouver in five
  • Kings over Saint Louis in four
  • Pens over Isles in four
  • Montreal over Ottawa in seven
  • Rangers over Washington in six
  • Boston over Toronto in six

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Chicago over Minnesota
Anaheim over Detroit
San Jose over Vancouver
Kings over St Louis
Pens over Isles
Ottawa over Montreal
Washington over Rangers
Toronto over Boston

Vrii

Vrii

West:
Chicago beats Minnesota.
Detroit beats Anaheim.
Vancouver beats San Jose.
Los Angeles beats St. Louis.

East:
Pittsburgh beats NYI.
Ottawa beats Montreal.
Washington beats NYR.
Boston beats Toronto.

BErt

Chicago
Detroit
Vancouver
Los Angeles
Pittsburgh
Montreal
NY Rangers
Toronto

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Chicago over Minnesota
Anaheim over Detroit
San Jose over Vancouver
St Louis over Los Angeles
Pittsburgh over NY Islanders
Ottawa over Montreal
Washington over NY Rangers
Toronto over Boston

Timmus

Timmus

Pittsburgh wins
Montreal wins
New York wins
Boston wins

Chicago wins
Anaheim wins
Vancouver wins
St. Louis wins

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Yeah, series by series. Can't really predict the following rounds.

I haven't done the graphic yet, it's been an insanely busy couple weeks, and work is getting especially stressful. And I have to get my taxes done by tomorrow. I'll try and whip it up before bed tomorrow night, but I may not get to do it until sometime next week.
My predictions:

East:
Pittsburgh
Montreal
Washington
Boston ( I'd definitely be okay with being wrong here)

West:
Chicago
Anaheim
San Jose
Los Angeles

Piotyr

Piotyr

East:
Pittsburgh in 6
Montreal in 6
Washington in 6
Boston in 6

West:
Chicago in 5
Detroit in 6
Vancouver in 6
St. Louis in 6

Timmus

Timmus

so many six game series. I'd say the hawks sweep though.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Can't seem to tag from my phone. DarkAudit, Jay, Covar, blotsfan? Anybody else missing?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Chicago 4
Anaheim 5
Vancouver 6
La 5

Penguins 5
Montreal 6
Boston 7
Capitals 6

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I haven't been able to keep up enough thanks to my sleep schedule. Most east coast games are well into the 3rd period before I ever get out of bed. So I'd either be pulling picks out of my ass or parroting whatever the USA Today predictions are.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Alright, I guess we're locked in then. Atleast for round 1.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am happy. NBC is putting games on the entire family of NBC networks, not just NBC Sports Network - which I can't get on my basic tier, because I have Charter and they don't like NBC-Comcast.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Still have some refinement to do here; some of the rows are taller than others and some of the columns wider, logos aren't centred properly (For some stupid reason it appears I've deleted the psds from last year). But I'm done with it for now.

2013_Playoffs_1.jpg

Part of me really wants Minnesota and the Islanders to take their series now.
Oh, the ranking is taken from the final results of last year's pool

BErt

Oh, Quick... :facepalm:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oh, Quick... :facepalm:
:facepalm:indeed.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

blotsfan

blotsfan

For the one chance I have to relevantly talk about the Sabres these playoffs. Happy May Day.

Timmus

Timmus

Oh teh drama. Luongo's starting.

Jay

Jay

Leafs in playoffs for first time since 2004. My guess is nobody told them Game One was tonight?

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, it's just they finally realized it was May.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

What, playoff games aren't supposed to be played on only one half of the ice?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Leafs in playoffs for first time since 2004. My guess is nobody told them Game One was tonight?
No, no. They're Leafs fans, making the playoffs is the same as an automatic berth into the finals. They'll show up at the end of the month, on the golf course.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That game went about as I expected.

Jay

Jay

So did ours.

Habs played great, completely dominate other team but can't finish them off early.

Limp dick Price plays like Price usually during the playoffs and gives 3 weak goals.

Vrii

Vrii

I love this Ottawa team.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That game went about as I expected.
It was everything I feared and nothing like I hoped.

BErt

If the Red Wings lose this game I'm going to test the limits of alcoholism.

You know, for science...or whatever.

BErt

THANK FUCKING EVERYTHING

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Clean hit. Not worth two games, not even a penalty. Lousy league favouring wussy Habs.

Vrii

Vrii

Even according to the explanation video it doesn't actually meet the requirements for a suspension on it...though they glossed over that pretty hard in order to justify it.

Timmus

Timmus

God damn it sucks to be the islanders.

Vrii

Vrii

God damn it sucks to be the islanders.
I actually don't understand how Pittsburgh fits that team under the cap. It's pretty ridiculous.

Timmus

Timmus

God damn maybe it's not so bad being the islanders.

Jay

Jay

No matter the length of the suspension, no matter of games that sack of AHL shit will miss will be the equivalent of loosing Lars Eller.

Also, the bug eyed fat Walrus needs to talk with some respect.

Good game tonight, Price played well for a change.

Oh and can someone tell Floppersson to stop diving every game? Little tap with a stick by Prust and goes down like a sack.

Meanwhile Lats throws Tinordi on Price. No call on the play. Price loses 2 teeth.

Calmly skates up the ice and gives the chicklets to the medical team guy and skates back in nets ready for the next face-off.

Floppersson should be ashamed.

Vrii

Vrii

I guess you missed the play yesterday where Anderson took a puck in the mouth, lost teeth of his own, kept playing.

Jay

Jay

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Stop everything!
Jay and Dan are leaving Canada for Fox!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

GO MOOSE GO!!!

Leafs Bruins? Nah, I'm watching good hockey tonight!

BErt

GO MOOSE GO!!!

Leafs Bruins? Nah, I'm watching good hockey tonight!
Oh come on, have a little faith. Boston hasn't even scored 4 goals yet.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Moose Win! 14-0 in the playoffs so far! 2 games away from the QMJHL Presidents Cup and a birth in the Memorial Cup!

Can they go 16-0! We'll know by Thursday morning!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh come on, have a little faith. Boston hasn't even scored 4 goals yet.
And I've been quite clear on this series, I expect it to be 7 games of very bad hockey, with who ever wins getting tossed aside in the next round like yesterdays coffee.

BErt

Well...home ice advantage sure was nice to have for like 5 seconds.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

And I've been quite clear on this series, I expect it to be 7 games of very bad hockey, with who ever wins getting tossed aside in the next round like yesterdays coffee.
I didn't get to see tonight's game, had to listen in on the radio. Sounds like it was an excellent one though. Joe Bowen just couldn't contain his excitement at all. And the Leafs won, so it was extra good.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I didn't get to see tonight's game, had to listen in on the radio. Sounds like it was an excellent one though. Joe Bowen just couldn't contain his excitement at all. And the Leafs won, so it was extra good.
Carlyle was the best Leaf tonight.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I really hope the Leafs make it out of the first round; I need to see a game on that giant screen at Maple Leafs Square

I'm working late Monday, watching Wednesday's game at my friend's place and game 5 (and possibly game 6 and 7) are all next weekend when I'll be home for Mothers' Day. So they gotta make it to the second round for me to catch a game downtown.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

lol, why do people think Montreal will win this series.

Timmus

Timmus

Well the off season should be fun.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh, COME ON!

Timmus

Timmus

Don't worry I'm sure my guys will save the next tee time for your guys.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tee times aren't available at the Two Rivers Golf Club, sorry.

Timmus

Timmus

I see Marc Andre Fluery is back to his world junior form.

Jay

Jay

My worst nightmare? ......we get assigned Tim Peel and ...
Yep.

Called it.

Also...

Kicking pucks are OK in the playoffs.

Also, icing calls are called differently depending on who's it is again, what the score is and how much time is left on the clock.

Vrii

Vrii

After the ridiculous effort by Montreal to break every possible rule in game 3 and the complete lack of follow-through by the league, I don't think there's a lot of room to whine about the calls today.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Not going to update the graphic until the round is over but it seems the first 8pts were awarded last night. High fives HCGLNS, jwhouk and Sparhawk. We are temporarily tied for first.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Other than the everything, I did pretty well that series.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Why are there a bunch of people outside of the HP Pavilion yelling, "HURRRY HARDHARDHARDHARD"?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I have to say I am real glad the Islanders are giving Pittsburgh a run. Makes that series way more entertaining than the easy ride everyone was expecting for the penguins.

Timmus

Timmus

I have to say I am real glad the Islanders are giving Pittsburgh a run. Makes that series way more entertaining than the easy ride everyone was expecting for the penguins.
Me too for giving me the pipe dream that the pens may want a Roberto Luongo.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fleury to Habs
Price to Vancouver
Schneider to Pittsburgh

jwhouk

jwhouk

MUST SEE TV!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

FUCK.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Literally screamed as I watched Phaneuf make that dumb ass play. It was pure stupidity in slow motion.

Also, the Mooseheads perfect record ended yesterday, but they bounced back tonight to take a 3-1 series lead. Go Moose Go!

Timmus

Timmus

Fleury to Habs
Price to Vancouver
Schneider to Pittsburgh
The idea I heard was Fluery for Luongo straight up to spare Pittsburgh the trouble of buying him out. At this point all I want is for Luongo to go to a good home.[DOUBLEPOST=1368074685][/DOUBLEPOST]
MUST SEE TV!
Hey man no reason to get snippy just cause all your player movement comes from other teams poaching your UFA's.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You didn't get it.

VOKIE'S IN NET IN PITTSBURGH!