[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2018 - Midterm Madness Edition

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@LittleSin : I just received the message that your package was sent and should arrive January 3rd. Don't ask me where this sudden delay comes from..n

GasBandit

Staff member
When I was a kid I used to think this meant that you ate worms. And when used in context it never failed to confuse me.

I was not a smart child.
Probably also confusing because the correct term is a homonym, bated breath. As in "abated." Apparently it's another one of those fanciful phrases Shakespeare pulled out of his ass and the English Language just said "YEP THAT'S A THING."

Dave

Staff member
Oh I know all about it NOW, but then I did not. Of course, until I was 4 I wanted to be a cat when I grew up. You said I could be anything I wanted, mom! You lied to me!

Probably also confusing because the correct term is a homonym, bated breath. As in "abated." Apparently it's another one of those fanciful phrases Shakespeare pulled out of his ass and the English Language just said "YEP THAT'S A THING."
Look, if @Dave was (mis)using it in his youth, it was clearly already a thing before Shakespeare's time. So that's clearly nonsense.

When I was a kid I used to think this meant that you ate worms. And when used in context it never failed to confuse me.
I was not a smart child.
It was probably made more difficult because it’s also one of the more famous Mork & Mindy quotes:
Mork: [Eugene has just said that he needs to tell him something important] “Well, come on, I'm waiting here with a worm on my tongue.”
Eugene: “Huh?”
Mork: “Baited breath.”
—Patrick

@Denbrought, I got my Secret Santa package. They are all so wonderful! I was having teeth races in the kitchen.

I'll post pictures and/or videos very, very soon.

You are awesome! Thank you so much. <hugs>

"For me?"
20181218_200757.jpg

I'd been meaning to pick those copies of Scott Pilgrim for so long! Honestly, thank you! I've only just cracked open the Marvel Encyclopedia but I am definitely gonna to spend hours pouring over it. Thanks!!
20181218_184615.jpg

Ezra approves too. Thank you so much again @Emrys
20181218_200859.jpg

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey @GasBandit, this is from your Secret Santa:

"Gas, I'm still waiting for a couple of things to get to my house so I can consolidate and send it all in one box, but it should be getting sent out on Wednesday or Thursday. There is also a package coming from Singapore which will probably still take another week or two, but it is definitely NSFW and should not be opened in front of anyone you don't want to know about your weird fetishes."
The package from singapore got here today. I'll hold off opening it till the other one gets here.

GasBandit

Staff member
Screw it, I live dangerously and I open NSFW gifts at work!

Yes, indeedy, I immediately recognized the return address as somewhere I'd been before :D

First up in the big box was this tasty little cupcake plushy from Pit People (complete with frosting flinging backpack), ready to give of himself to keep me and anyone else on my team alive.

Nibbles will surely enjoy this. Merry Christmas ya filthy animal.

And the final item in the box was this cute framed SD-artwork of Albedo from Overlord. After all, every evil mastermind needs to have an adoring (and dangerous) sycophant, right?

And that brings us to the tube, postmarked from Singapore, which I was specifically warned NOT to open whilst at work. But as I said, I live dangerously (and when do I ever listen to anything Dei tells me, right?).

First shook out was this D.Va and Mei postcard...

Well, now I am REALLY interested, so here....

Whup, ok, yep, that's... That's going home in the tube. But here's as much as I can show outside the NSFW forum!

Mercy, Mercy, Me. :D

Thanks much for the swag, Santa Dei! Well chosen.

GasBandit

Staff member
Before I take a picture of the whole thing, I need to put it under something heavy and flat for a while. Its time in the tube means I can't keep it uncurled with only one hand (the other hand being on the camera).