[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2018 - Midterm Madness Edition

Hey @GasBandit, this is from your Secret Santa:

"Gas, I'm still waiting for a couple of things to get to my house so I can consolidate and send it all in one box, but it should be getting sent out on Wednesday or Thursday. There is also a package coming from Singapore which will probably still take another week or two, but it is definitely NSFW and should not be opened in front of anyone you don't want to know about your weird fetishes."

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey @GasBandit, this is from your Secret Santa:

"Gas, I'm still waiting for a couple of things to get to my house so I can consolidate and send it all in one box, but it should be getting sent out on Wednesday or Thursday. There is also a package coming from Singapore which will probably still take another week or two, but it is definitely NSFW and should not be opened in front of anyone you don't want to know about your weird fetishes."
Ooooh goodie! Singaporean smut!

1) oh I’m sure you keep some surprises in reserve.
2) how long did you sit on this? I changed that from “cameras” to “birds” over 24hrs ago!

—Patrick
1) That would be telling.
2) I was concerned that my original joke was slightly throwing shade at the Secret Santa so I didn't post until I came up with something better.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Far, Amazon is saying your gift may be delayed but you should get it before Christmas. I'll keep you posted.

Hey, Secret Santa! A second package arrived for me today with no note. I'm assuming it's from you? If that's the case, I'll post the pics after I get Li'l Z from school.

(And if it's not you, then I don't know why I'm receiving anonymous gifts, but they have good taste!)

Our postal service is in the throws being forced back to work after striking for a month so that's not surprising. I ordered a few things myself recently and was meet with this reasoning for a week before it finally arrived.

Screenshot_20181211-100929_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm travelling from the 21st to the 28th too which may complicate things a bit but we'll see. Thanks for keeping me updated.

@Dave Is Skyrim VR still able to be used on your account? I got a credit to my credit card after authorization failed for a similar amount from Steam and that's the only thing I can think of that I bought from them recently for that much. Just wanna make sure your gift is still usable.

Aw crap! I have to go to my laptop to accept the thing! I'm so sorry!
No worries! Let me know if it still works, if not I can send it again Friday.

When a random credit showed up, I might have used it to buy Smash before thinking what it was from lol

Hey, Secret Santa! A second package arrived for me today with no note. I'm assuming it's from you? If that's the case, I'll post the pics after I get Li'l Z from school.

(And if it's not you, then I don't know why I'm receiving anonymous gifts, but they have good taste!)
If it's a beanie hat, it's your other gift. And yes, the watch is for Lil' Z.

Yay! Well then, my not-Secret-anymore Santa, @jwhouk did a great job!

20181212_153845.jpg Love the Wonder Woman satchel! Great as a smaller bag or if I'm carrying my art stuff!
20181212_153901.jpg20181212_162632.jpg

The watch is great, and it was so sweet of you to think of Li'l Z! He was so excited, as you can see. (Never can go wrong with Lighting.)

And last, but certainly not least...
20181212_154306sm.jpg A Steven Universe beanie! Love it! And Mr. Z will be happy that I'll stop stealing his beanies.

Thank you, Santa!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Dear @Emrys , your gifts should be on their way to you soon, if Lord Bezos deems us worthy. Estimated delivery is by the 24th.

No loose teeth, as requested.

Did my Secret Santa have an Amazon package delivered to me containing a cool keyboard and an interesting book? Trying to figure out if I should thank them (and post a picture) or try to figure out which friend or family member sent it, since there's no note :)
Ok, t'is confirmed! Thank you so much @Cog ! I was considering getting a new keyboard for when I have someone not adapted to Workman using one of machines (surprisingly frequent occurrence), and the book looks really interesting! It'll be my first read of 2019 :D
IMG_20181209_175844595.jpg

A message for @GasBandit from your Secret Santa:

“Gas, I got your other package shipped today, but according to the post office you gave the wrong zip code, so that might end up delaying the other package that was sent to you directly.”

Huh, that's odd.
ZIP Codes change from time to time.
Getting rid of my house took almost an extra month because the current ZIP no longer matched the ZIP on the original paperwork and so they repeatedly kept sending it back to me with, “please correct this error” I CAN’T, REALLY THAT’S WHAT IT IS NOW.

—Patrick

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Far, Amazon is saying your gift may be delayed but you should get it before Christmas. I'll keep you posted.
@Far, your package is now in Richmond, BC and the new delivery date is December 17th. Canada Post tracking number is 4010465010728538. Hopefully, you'll get it before December 20th.

That or you typo'ed or something.
Also for about 3-4yrs after the ZIP change, whenever I ordered something online, this is what would happen:
Me: [Enters new ZIP into online form]
Website: ERROR Invalid ZIP “You must correct the error(s) before continuing.”
Me: (sighing) [Enters old ZIP into form] [Goes over to “Special shipping instructions” box] “Hey I know this is going to sound weird but because your order form’s database must be at least 2yrs out of date, I can’t enter my actual ZIP Code. Please make sure you use <NEWZIP> because if you don’t I guarantee this order WILL NOT make it to me. Thank you.”

—Patrick

Also for about 3-4yrs after the ZIP change, whenever I ordered something online, this is what would happen:
Me: [Enters new ZIP into online form]
Website: ERROR Invalid ZIP “You must correct the error(s) before continuing.”
Me: (sighing) [Enters old ZIP into form] [Goes over to “Special shipping instructions” box] “Hey I know this is going to sound weird but because your order form’s database must be at least 2yrs out of date, I can’t enter my actual ZIP Code. Please make sure you use <NEWZIP> because if you don’t I guarantee this order WILL NOT make it to me. Thank you.”

—Patrick
So my zip code is actually for the city next to me because the local post office is tiny can't handle all of the local mail. I've lived in this house for 11-12 years, and some websites STILL try to tell me I put my city in wrong.

some websites STILL try to tell me I put my city in wrong.
Most forms will autocorrect your city once you enter your ZIP, but in my case, it was that the form software would just up and say, “Ha ha funny joke no really now enter a REAL ZIP Code” making it so I literally could not enter my correct address, and the letter I got from the USPS explicitly told me that any mail after a certain date still using the old ZIP would run the risk of being misrouted.

—Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dei , just checking to see if you got the package last weekend as the delivery info says.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Far, your package is now in Richmond, BC and the new delivery date is December 17th. Canada Post tracking number is 4010465010728538. Hopefully, you'll get it before December 20th.
@Far, is this true or is Canada Post messing with me?

Delivery Attempted
Canada Post tried to deliver your package
Please look for a notice of attempted delivery or contact the carrier for the next steps.

@Far, is this true or is Canada Post messing with me?

Delivery Attempted
Canada Post tried to deliver your package
Please look for a notice of attempted delivery or contact the carrier for the next steps.
No notice left.

They've been doing this a lot lately. It typically shows up the next day with the original date written on it. They don't ever actually attempt delivery either initially, just say they left the notice then it doesn't show until the next day. Will see after work today.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I went back and looked, and apparently I put the wrong zip code on LAST year too. But stuff found its way to me, so it should be all good. I fixed it for next year.

(I accidentally swapped my home zip code for my work zip code, and I have the stuff delivered to work)

Well, I went back and looked, and apparently I put the wrong zip code on LAST year too. But stuff found its way to me, so it should be all good. I fixed it for next year.

(I accidentally swapped my home zip code for my work zip code, and I have the stuff delivered to work)
I checked the USPS site all the way back to Aug 2017 but didn’t see any changes. Thanks for clearing that up.

—Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@jwhouk Got a message that your package without a note will arrive on the 21st. Curiously, I have not received a message regarding the package with a note. Will update when I get one.