[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Emrys : if one were to buy you something t-shirt-like, what size would you prefer?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@PatrThom, do you have a wish list or anything that could help me narrow it down so I don't get you something you already have or that you hate?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@klew, your gifts are on their way. There will be two separate boxes and will hopefully make sense once you get them both. I hope you enjoy them.

@PatrThom, do you have a wish list or anything that could help me narrow it down so I don't get you something you already have or that you hate?
I don’t, and my wife hates me for it. You might take a look back through the previous Santa threads for some ideas. But if you’re still stuck, then consider gifting something that you thought was so amazing that you felt like you had to share it with someone else. Just keep in mind that I probably don’t need any computer stuff, don’t currently have time for books/movies (which sucks btw!), and I have a wife and kid, so no stained-glass “Budweiser” chandelier, please.

If this doesn’t get your gift-giving juices flowing, page me again and I’ll see if I can’t help narrow it down some more.

—Patrick

I’m hoping it’s an extra arm.
I’ve always said how much I could use one.

—Patrick
I dunno, that sounds like a lot of trouble. Where would you attach it? Would you have to modify your entire wardrobe? Would it impede certain activities based on its location?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@stienman if one were looking into food-based gifts, are there any allergies that need to be known for either you or your spawn?

I dunno, that sounds like a lot of trouble. Where would you attach it? Would you have to modify your entire wardrobe? Would it impede certain activities based on its location?
One thing’s for sure, it would enable me to tell someone else to leave me alone 50% more emphatically.

—Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

To @Dei,
your secret santa gift
was brought to the post office today.
By now, it's on the way to you,
gonna see it by Saturday.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dave

You should be receiving two packages.
A little worried because Amazon Prime's otherwise 2-day shipping says they will be delivered...by Dec 18th? As in, 12 days from now?
What, do you live in a cave atop a mountain behind a waterfall or something? Actually, don't answer that.
Going ahead with the order just in case they are generously underestimating their shipping time but will update. Please to be keeping us updated as well.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Celt Z

The first part is on/near your front door/porch.

Last part still estimated anywhere from 12/7 thru 12/12.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

There's more than the two boxes?

It seems I've been a good girl this year...
Yes. I have no idea why they decided to put the thing they put in a second box in a second box. I didn't think it was of sufficient size to merit one.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Tinwhistler

Your stuff is on the way. Should be there about December 8. I used your Amazon wishlist but feel bad it couldn't be more or more personal. Once this is all over you'll understand why.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Well, nuts. I had my photos ready and everything! Thanks Amazon, I guess I'll have to be, ugh, patient...
I know! That's rough on us both! Dumb ol' amazon. It'd have almost been better if they'd just held everything back so it all came at once.

Here I shall lend credence to Matthew 20:16.

01box.jpg

A box! A box has arrived. What's in it?

02open.jpg

Another box! This one has a picture on it. "Out on a limb," eh? I guess I know what we were getting at.
The note said:
Hello PatrThom, I hope you enjoy your
gift :) From your Halforums Secret Santa
Hmm, the corner is dented, I hope nothing bad has happened to it.

03conceal.jpg

Nope! Plenty of foam padding ensures that even aggressive shipping and handling bring the contents no harm.
Seems there are three possibilities as to what is inside the box. Which one is inside those foam bricks?
Wellllll.....

04reveal.jpg

...it's the Dragon! Cranky is going to be jealous. He's by far the biggest dragon lover in this household. Has been for decades.
Well, I guess that means the "limb" comment isn't as relevant as I originally thought.

Let's see it without all the messy packaging, shall we?
05display.jpg

The resin makes the base juuuuuust a bit wobbly, but the interior claims to be stainless steel, so it should be food-safe. Probably not dishwasher-safe, though. Not really a problem, since this is unlikely to be my daily driver, but I'll make sure not to use it with, say, cider or balsamic vinegar.

For now, it will go on the shelf next to our wedding glasses, the ones we used to toast the assemblage during our reception:
06cocups.jpg

Cranky's away on vacation to visit family. My first draughts from it will no doubt be of his envy.

--Patrick