HF Confessions (Anonymous or Otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want my boyfriend's grandmother to die, even though she's not as unkind as she used to be. She's sooooo old and sooooo bitter, and she doesn't do much except have seizures and insult people. Well I take that back, she stopped insulting people too much because I think she's afraid of being stuck in a crappy home. I'm ashamed of it deep down, but mostly I'm just tired of seeing her cause the family grief. She's totally alienated her mother in law, who used to take her shopping every week, her son, who she guilts all the time about not being Catholic, and her grandchildren, who were never really treated kindly by her. The sad thing is that my boyfriend's grandpa, who died of diabetes years ago, was really nice and someone who should have lived on.
M-Molly? Molly Sanders? Put Roast Beef on the phone!

I don't really like to be with my friends all the time anymore, once a week is enough, I grow bored really fast and I find it happening more and more. I have friends enough that I can rotate enough so I'm never alone but I find it really weird that I don't have any real good friends left and it's my own damn fault
Sometimes when I hang out with my friends it feels more forced than I really want it to. Sometimes its awesome and just like old times. :) You may just be in a funk.

I find former Alaskan Governor and Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin to be an incredibly attractive, sensual and voluptuous woman.
I'll take Tina Fey any day. :unibrow:

-----------------------------------------------

Glad to see some discourse in this thread! :D

Q

Qonas

Confession, though not really as this is public knowledge: I hate, HATE Tina Fey with the fiery hot passion of a thousand suns.

I'm not all that bright, even though people sometimes think I am. I blame the glasses really. I struggled just to pass high school algebra. People post questions about calculus and stuff on the boards and I just feel like a complete moron, especially when people point out that only a complete moron wouldn't know what this is about.

I don't actually *know* how anything works. Government, economics, computers, cars, you name it. I chose my major because it seemed easy and I knew I wouldn't have the IQ the handle anything else.
I feel this way too, and I think that Ontario STILL considers me a genius. :(

I want my boyfriend's grandmother to die, even though she's not as unkind as she used to be. She's sooooo old and sooooo bitter, and she doesn't do much except have seizures and insult people. Well I take that back, she stopped insulting people too much because I think she's afraid of being stuck in a crappy home. I'm ashamed of it deep down, but mostly I'm just tired of seeing her cause the family grief. She's totally alienated her mother in law, who used to take her shopping every week, her son, who she guilts all the time about not being Catholic, and her grandchildren, who were never really treated kindly by her. The sad thing is that my boyfriend's grandpa, who died of diabetes years ago, was really nice and someone who should have lived on.
My best friend's mother is a kind of a ditzy blond in many ways, and I can't take my friend's repetition of her words seriously, but she did put forward a piece of observation that probably didn't originate with her, but nonetheless feels wise and accurate to me:

Some people find peace, finish growing, and die. Some people keep living because they still have something to learn.

And it seems true. The nasty ones persevere, like they're already rotted, failing to grow, while the good die young.

I probably butchered all of that. I'm tired and have gone through some heavy fictional bullshit these past couple days. Hopefully it made some sense.

My confession:
I want so bad to wander the earth and have adventures. And I'm not even trying to propagate a bad forum joke. It's what I've been actively working toward for the last year or two: settling away my affairs so I can just up and leave.

And here's the slightly embarrassing part: every so often, I'll eat a lump of hard bread for breakfast. I don't really have a good reason. It's bland, and hard as all hell to eat. But if makes me feel somehow connected to the adventurers and explorers of generations past.

(Pretty lame confession, but I figured it was time I contributed something)

And here's the slightly embarrassing part: every so often, I'll eat a lump of hard bread for breakfast. I don't really have a good reason. It's bland, and hard as all hell to eat. But if makes me feel somehow connected to the adventurers and explorers of generations past.
That's rather adorable.

fade

Staff member
Hoo boy, do I have a webcomic for you, my brother. That was the whole idea behind Fade. This modern, content life is boring. Incidentally, having given it a ton of thought, it's also my partial theory on the increase in school violence. Nothing to fight for or against, so we turn inward.

Cajungal

Staff member
That's rather adorable.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I think it's cool that you find a way to somehow connect with adventurers. :) 'Somehow makes me feel less dumb about something I did when I was about 4.

When my parents explained homeless people to me, I slept without any sheets or blankets for about a week because if they couldn't be warm, I didn't want to be. If course, I still went to bed with a full stomach on a soft mattress, so it was pretty pointless in the end.

When my parents explained homeless people to me, I slept without any sheets or blankets for about a week because if they couldn't be warm, I didn't want to be. If course, I still went to bed with a full stomach on a soft mattress, so it was pretty pointless in the end.
I did the same kind of thing when I was eight and obsessed with Helen Keller's story. I walked around my house blindfolded and was frustrated that even earplugs couldn't really let me know what it was like to be deaf.

Cajungal

Staff member
I did the same kind of thing when I was eight and obsessed with Helen Keller's story. I walked around my house blindfolded and was frustrated that even earplugs couldn't really let me know what it was like to be deaf.[/QUOTE]

Now, that's just touching, that is. :)

Now, that's just touching, that is. :)
I'm sorry. Show me on the doll where my story touched you.[/quote]

*points to the cockles of the doll's heart*[/QUOTE]

*ignores the obvious joke because you're being so nice*

How about this: I had to make a movie in 3rd grade (long story) and I made a video about Helen Keller. I played Helen and in several key scenes I completely forgot to take off my glasses. I literally made a spectacle out of myself. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure that remains a truly unique dramatic interpretation of Helen Keller.

Cajungal

Staff member
:rofl: Aw, that's so sweet.

And I totally went out on that limb with that, I know. It would have been ok. I was prepared to guffaw. :D

I met a guy who actually decided to become homeless for three months once. He ran his Church's homlessness outreach program or something, and basically decided that having never been without in his entire life, he could not seriously empathize, or understand completely where their needs lay. So he set out to live on the streets in five different American cities for a quarter of a year.

Interesting guy. He wrote a book about it, but I don't remember the name of it. Some interesting anecdotes, he had to share, though. One that I found particularly poignant was a story about sitting hungry and foodless inside of a SubWay, where a local church was holding a bible study. He said they were debating different bible translations "Talking about the NLT, KJV, NIV ... and all I wanted, just two tables away was a BLT!"

I did the same kind of thing when I was eight and obsessed with Helen Keller's story. I walked around my house blindfolded and was frustrated that even earplugs couldn't really let me know what it was like to be deaf.
I still want to do this sort of thing. Wear a blindfold for a week, and try and get on with my life to experience blindness. Or somehow wear noise-cancelling headphones playing white noise to experience deafness.

Maybe one day, if I become a novelist, I could get away with those sorts of things by calling them research.

K

Kitty Sinatra

I find former Alaskan Governor and Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin to be an incredibly attractive, sensual and voluptuous woman.
I'm gonna claim this confession as my own.

And I'm stealing it as possible future characterization for a potential character in one of my potential stories. From the future.

I don't understand drinking to a point of being drunk. It doesn't make sense to me to get so wacked out that you cannot make rational decisions or even remember clearly what you did the night before. Same with drugs, I just cannot understand why you would do that to yourself on purpose. I don't like being around people that do crap like that, and I will leave a place that they are hanging around. Wine, beer, and liquor drinking don't bother me, but the act of an adult getting so past their "limit" just disgusts me.

D

Dusty668

I want to be Brian Blessed's man wife and bear him many strong loud large sons that one day our progeny will consume death, time and the very Gods themselves.

I don't understand drinking to a point of being drunk. It doesn't make sense to me to get so wacked out that you cannot make rational decisions or even remember clearly what you did the night before. Same with drugs, I just cannot understand why you would do that to yourself on purpose. I don't like being around people that do crap like that, and I will leave a place that they are hanging around. Wine, beer, and liquor drinking don't bother me, but the act of an adult getting so past their "limit" just disgusts me.
Dude, that's not being drunk, it's being wasted... but i don't get it either, i never got that far, just drunk enough to count but still remember it the next day, and only drank more when it started to wear off.

I mean if you can't remember it what's the point, might as well just go to sleep.

S

SeraRelm

They drink to forget the demons of the past, to escape the pain of memories by drowning them in a sea of liquor, but when they wake, it's still there, always there, staring them in the face every time they look in the mirror.

Dave

Staff member
I've known about the trials of a forumite whose wife was just diagnosed with cancer. He's scared and doesn't know how to handle it. It's been hard not saying anything because it isn't my place to say.

Sometimes it sucks to be the Admin because you just want to grab people and say, "Hey! Stop being suck a fucking dick!" and you can't because you don't do it to everyone.

I've known about the trials of a forumite whose wife was just diagnosed with cancer. He's scared and doesn't know how to handle it. It's been hard not saying anything because it isn't my place to say.
That freaking sucks. Whoever it is, I wish them well.

Sometimes it sucks to be the Admin because you just want to grab people and say, "Hey! Stop being suck a fucking dick!" and you can't because you don't do it to everyone.
Freudian.

K

Kitty Sinatra

It's chaz, Tin. Morgoth just spilled the beans in the flame wars forum, which is what prompted Dave to put in this confession.

You know, just so everyone's up to speed.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah. I mentioned Chaz so that we are all up to speed. We don't have to turn this into another Chaz thread . . . and even if we do it's gonna be the support chaz thread, so the lock makes no sense.

Z

Zonker

HF Anonymous Confessions

I don't think I'll ever be a great writer. I'm happy, and I feel like that gets in my way somehow. My technique is excellent, but my words seem untrue. I don't know what to do. I wish I could say I wrote only for me (it is mostly for me) but the truth is I care. I want people to read what I've written and enjoy it in some way... laugh, cry, or find a simple moment of peace or enjoyment.

But I truly believe that it will never, ever happen for me.
Oh! Oh! Oh!

Just figured that out myself. I was going over all my old stuff thinking, damn I was totally talented and now I can't write like that any more because I'm so much happier. And then I read it again and I was like, this is total crap! This is written by someone who's endlessly trying to figure out what's wrong with himself and trying to purge it out, which is bs! And I've started writing to figure out what I WANT, rather than what I WANT TO GET RID OF.

Big improvement!

Also I write to create good work, not for publishing. But then I have a decent day job so it doesn't matter too much.

And I'm stealing it as possible future characterization for a potential character in one of my potential stories. From the future.[/QUOTE]

Hey, let me know if you do, even if it's in Spanish. Not for any reason. I just think it'd be fun to see that in a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.