[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

figmentPez

Staff member
Upcoming card changes to tribe classifications.

- Molten Giant and Mountain Giant are going to gain the Elemental tag.
- Witchwood Piper is going to be a Demon
- North Sea Kraken is going to be a Beast
- Jungle Moonkin is going to lose the Beast tag.
- Witchwood Grizzly is getting updated art to make him look less ghost-like.
- Arfus will remain a beast because it's fun to Build-a-Beast with him.

No dust refunds are being given because the devs don't consider any of this to significantly change the power balance of any of the cards.

I haven't finished any Dr. Boom puzzles yet, but I did finish Lethal and Mirror. On the 3rd boss of Survive right now.

figmentPez

Staff member
A lot of changes are coming to Hearthstone, mostly small ones:

- Ranked play will expand to have 50 ranks. Ranks 50 to 26 will be for new players only, and no one will drop below 25.

- 4 new Classic cards will be added to replace class cards that retired from standard to the Hall of Fame. Mage gets 2, while Warlock and Rogue each get one. They may add more neutral cards in the future as well.

That blog post also contains comments on the state of the meta, cards to watch, the scrapping of an in-game tournament mode, Fireside gatherings, a new welcome bundle, return of dual-class arena, a new paladin hero (Sir Annoy-O), and more.

figmentPez

Staff member
The most recent legendary I opened in a pack was Tess Greymane, and I've been enjoying watching Kibler play a Tesspionage deck, so I made one. The first non-aggro, fairly expensive, high quality deck I've made in a while, and I love it. I had to spend several thousand dust on a second Academic Espionage, two Fel'dorei Strider, and a Mossy Horror, and I crafted a Zilliax before I realized it's not in the latest version of Kibler's deck (though I can hardly feel bad about it, when the card is likely going to be very useful in a lot of decks) but it was very much worth it.

This is a fun deck to play, and takes a lot of thought to make decisions on how to use the random cards. I don't have to feel bad because it's not aggro, either! If I have enough time, I might end up climbing ladder more than usual. I'm at like rank 21, after climbing to 18 at the end of last month. I only climbed that high because I was playing Whizbang decks. The usual decks I play in ranked are crafted solely to finish quests as quickly as possible. (Quest to play beasts? Deck is only cheap beasts and card draw. There are no concessions made to improve win rate, though vomiting cheap cards still wins sometimes.) It's been pretty weird playing real decks, even Whizbang decks, and this Tesspionage deck is even weirder, but I like it.

figmentPez

Staff member
And you thought a turn four 7/7 was OP:
Hearthstone Screenshot 10-25-18 11.35.27.png

Turn two Lich King. My opponent conceded.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I didn't get a screenshot, but my next draw was a 1 mana Eternal Servitude. There must always be a Lich King!