[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Today's quest: summon 20 minions that cost 2 mana or less. Reward, 40 gold.

*reroll*

Today's quest: summon 20 minions that cost 5 mana or more. Reward, 40 gold.

Blizz, the size of the minions was not my problem, it was the size of the payout. Now I have to be careful not to summon too many big ones today so I can get a chance at a reroll tomorrow.

I always let 'em pile up to three, then try to cross-complete as many as possible. Today I finished up "play 20 beasts" and "5 druid wins," and two of those druid wins were people who left by turn 3, go figure. I didn't even get the chance to play any beasts!

--Patrick

I let them pile if they're things I have to go out of my way to do, but I play pretty much every day and if the quest already aligns with what I'm doing, I'm not just gonna log off for later expediency.

I let them pile if they're things I have to go out of my way to do, but I play pretty much every day and if the quest already aligns with what I'm doing, I'm not just gonna log off for later expediency.
I have to ration my time in Hearthstone if I'm gonna get all the quests done but still have enough time to binge on Overwatch. I'm already having to cut off Diablo entirely until next season.

--Patrick

We may be getting something Overwatch-related soon, maybe a brawl. Mercy's VA recorded a line about Hogger.

Also, tavern brawls for the foreseeable future will give out Un'Goro packs starting with today's.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the idea of "get a Classic pack" is going to be replaced with "Get one of whatever pack is newest" so people will stop whining about how all they ever get is Classic packs.
Also...Party Crashers?

--Patrick

I'm wondering if the idea of "get a Classic pack" is going to be replaced with "Get one of whatever pack is newest" so people will stop whining about how all they ever get is Classic packs.
Also...Party Crashers?

--Patrick
They switched to Gadgetzan for a few weeks after that released; I think this is just how they do around expansions.

This is a lame and not fun brawl, but if you have something else to do while you're playing it, the time to sit there, and make sure to get your turns done swiftly, the matches are fast and you can rack up victory gold without too much time or effort.

That said, I'd rather keep trying at ranked. Just dipped back to 14; really want to at least make 10 this season.

Un'Goro packs are openable on April 6 at 10 AM Pacific time. Setting your comp to that allows you to try opening them, but it crashes the program since there's nothing there yet :p.

So three weeks, between brawls, the eventual daily log/ins, and gold saved and to be saved, plus the pre-order, I should have between 75-80 packs to open. And I'm off from work that day anyway, so I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed.

@Zero Esc

For gadgetzan, there was a bug that made tri class cards show up too frequently, and made a lot of people's packs be nothing more than dust on day 1. They fixed the problem and compensated early openers by giving them new packs equal to 1/3 of the ones they had opened.

@Zero Esc

For gadgetzan, there was a bug that made tri class cards show up too frequently, and made a lot of people's packs be nothing more than dust on day 1. They fixed the problem and compensated early openers by giving them new packs equal to 1/3 of the ones they had opened.
Crap. Extra packs are nice, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Whoa; people joked about the pirate equivalent to the murloc-eating crab, but Blizz actually did it.[DOUBLEPOST=1489776461,1489776423][/DOUBLEPOST]
Too bad there aren't any Murdock pirates, eh? Ha!

--Patrick
I see your auto correct did the same as mine tried to over murloc.

I don't like hearing that quests can be counter-spelled; on the other hand, the point is to get them out at the start of the game, so counterspell only works against them if you're trying to hoard the quest plus some of its cards so the opponent won't know. That said, since countering spells is something only a mage can do, that gives them yet another small edge.

Aaand King Krush is dead extinct. As if that wasn't already the case :/.

Overall I'm pleased. There are some fun-sounding mechanics in these cards. I was planning not look at any until release day, but the excitement and surprise then will come from seeing what cards I get, plus getting them in spurts like this will help to learn them and start thinking up combos/decks, for then the disappointment to set in when I somehow get Millhouse Manastorm even though he's not even an Un'Goro card :p.

I don't like hearing that quests can be counter-spelled; on the other hand, the point is to get them out at the start of the game, so counterspell only works against them if you're trying to hoard the quest plus some of its cards so the opponent won't know. That said, since countering spells is something only a mage can do, that gives them yet another small edge.

Aaand King Krush is dead extinct. As if that wasn't already the case :/.

Overall I'm pleased. There are some fun-sounding mechanics in these cards. I was planning not look at any until release day, but the excitement and surprise then will come from seeing what cards I get, plus getting them in spurts like this will help to learn them and start thinking up combos/decks, for then the disappointment to set in when I somehow get Millhouse Manastorm even though he's not even an Un'Goro card :p.
That card isn't comparable to King Krush. It's a passive card, whereas Krush is an active card (it does something the turn it's played)

Swamp King Dred is gonna hate people who play poisonous minions.
when I somehow get Millhouse Manastorm even though he's not even an Un'Goro card :p.
You say that, but I opened an ordinary Overwatch loot box last night and somehow got a Winter Wonderland spray for Mei, even though that event ended Jan 2nd.

Also I was worried that my dust was gonna run low, but then I remembered I had both a regular and a golden Illidan...which I converted into 2xGoldenADrake. Hah! Now I'm gonna get another 1600 dust back from my Illidan...sorta.

--Patrick[DOUBLEPOST=1489785084,1489784525][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooo, I see Bluegill Warrior + Dinosize being a thing.

--Patrick

Swamp King Dred is gonna hate people who play poisonous minions.

You say that, but I opened an ordinary Overwatch loot box last night and somehow got a Winter Wonderland spray for Mei, even though that event ended Jan 2nd.

Also I was worried that my dust was gonna run low, but then I remembered I had both a regular and a golden Illidan...which I converted into 2xGoldenADrake. Hah! Now I'm gonna get another 1600 dust back from my Illidan...sorta.

--Patrick[DOUBLEPOST=1489785084,1489784525][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooo, I see Bluegill Warrior + Dinosize being a thing.

--Patrick
Didn't think of poisonous.

And yeah, even Stonetusk Boar has something from Dinosize.

The server was having issues yesterday but has been off and on a mess this morning. A freeze-up cost me a ranked match, where I could still see the arrows of what my opponent was doing, but his turns never ended on my side. Then I won a ranked match when the game froze up on the finding opponent screen.

Pretty sure I'm not surpassing rank 13 this season. Somehow secret hunter got me to rank 11 in January, but I keep floundering between 15 and 14, crested to 13 briefly, then hit 14 again. I think without Patches, pirate rogue and pirate warrior just aren't as good unless you get lucky. I suppose if I just keep playing shaman I would get up there, but that's going to get boring fast. Went back to playing my discard Zoolock deck. At least that way, win or lose I'm having fun.