[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

And we're back to bad Legendaries....
Hearthstone_Screenshot_2.4.2014.19.43.17.png

I used to save my gold for Arena runs then open packs that way, but I got very tired of the Arena gameplay and now just save 500g at a time in constructed then buy 5 packs at a time. Much better chances of opening something good with 5 vs opening 1 and feeling bad if you don't get anything. (Of course opening 5 bad packs sucks too).

It really was op. I think where it's at right now is just right.[DOUBLEPOST=1391655574,1391655539][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, why aren't all of you on my friend's list? Add me! My name is in the very first post of this thread.
Yeah, but if you get one or two out in the the first 4 turns, you pretty much win. It makes your other minions heavily defended against AOE attacks and you can't even target the damn thing because of stealth.[DOUBLEPOST=1391656212][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, fuck murloc decks.

Yeah, but if you get one or two out in the the first 4 turns, you pretty much win. It makes your other minions heavily defended against AOE attacks and you can't even target the damn thing because of stealth.[DOUBLEPOST=1391656212][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, fuck murloc decks.
The only thing worse than a murloc deck is a hunter rush deck. Your only chances to win are heavy heals or heavy taunts.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, but if you get one or two out in the the first 4 turns, you pretty much win. It makes your other minions heavily defended against AOE attacks and you can't even target the damn thing because of stealth.
Yeah, but there are a lot of things that damage all minions, or everything, that will wipe them out. I have blood imps in my Warlock deck, and they're helpful, but they're not proof. I've seen them go down to fan o' knives, arcane explosion, cleave, multi-shot... There are ways to take those little buggers out. Heck, sometimes I have to kill my own when I play my Dread Infernal.

I just got all the murlocs and decided to try a murloc deck >.>[DOUBLEPOST=1391656854,1391656816][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, but there are a lot of things that damage all minions, or everything, that will wipe them out. I have blood imps in my Warlock deck, and they're helpful, but they're not proof. I've seen them go down to fan o' knives, arcane explosion, cleave, multi-shot... There are ways to take those little buggers out. Heck, sometimes I have to kill my own when I play my Dread Infernal.
And wild pyromancer is a neutral card that takes them out pretty damn fast.

Murloc dies very very quickly to nearly any AoE card. However, if they don't draw AoE it's a guaranteed win.

I should have screenshotted it... I had a bunch of 1/1 2/1 murlocs out on the board, and one turn later they were all 6/5's :p

Murloc Warleader and Cold Light Seers (I think that's the right one... +2 health to all murlocs) are amazing.

FYI my ID is Terrik#1614[DOUBLEPOST=1391657987,1391657955][/DOUBLEPOST]
I should have screenshotted it... I had a bunch of 1/1 2/1 murlocs out on the board, and one turn later they were all 6/5's :p

Murloc Warleader and Cold Light Seers (I think that's the right one... +2 health to all murlocs) are amazing.

Thats what I ran into, hence my post.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ugh, I just had two pathetically easy wins for my Warlock tonight. The first guy conceded on my third turn, as soon as I used my Shattered Sun Cleric to buff my Fairy Dragon. Why that was so intimidating, I have no idea. Maybe they had a trick deck and didn't draw the cards they needed, or maybe a real life thing popped up, I dunno, but it was disappointing.

The second guy actually put up a fight, but had zero idea how to play his deck. He spent most of his early turns hitting my hero with Soulfire, and drawing cards. He mostly left my minions on the board... It was really pathetic strategy. I felt bad for him.

Should I feel bad for how hard I won this?
1.jpg

That secret was the resurrection, he thought he had such a great combo with Tirion + Redemption.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had an opponent pull a neat trick today. I was playing against a priest, and had just cleared his board of minions, leaving me with five of my own, one was a full health Senjin Shieldmaster. At the end of his turn he did something very unexpected, and doubled my Shieldmaster's health. I'm sure some veteran players know what's coming next, but I just thought he was having fun since he knew he was loosing. I couldn't finish him off that turn, and on the next he took control of my Shieldmaster (who also was enchanted to give a 2/2 Trent when he died.) It was a damn good move, and I didn't have enough attack power with my remaining minions to punch through that shield in a single turn, let alone finish him off. If I hadn't had a powerful card in my hand (Starfire), he would have bought himself another turn, if not more.

In other news, I really love my Crazed Alchemist. There are a lot of fun things to be done with that card. A Mogu'shan Warden (1/7 Taunt) can be taken down with a 1/1 lightweight. A 3/2 minion can be changed to a 2/3 so that your 3/3 can kill it and survive. Mirror Images can other zero attack minions can be killed outright.

If I haven't put one in my priest deck, I need to. I want to see what I can do with an Oasis Snapjaw, Divine Spirit and Crazed Alchemist. Kind of an unlikely series of events, but the cards are all useful on their own, so... On the off chance that I could create a 14/2 minion and really dish out some (short lived) hurt, there could be a lot of fun.

figmentPez

Staff member
If I haven't put one in my priest deck, I need to. I want to see what I can do with an Oasis Snapjaw, Divine Spirit and Crazed Alchemist. Kind of an unlikely series of events, but the cards are all useful on their own, so... On the off chance that I could create a 14/2 minion and really dish out some (short lived) hurt, there could be a lot of fun.
I just did this, only with an Injured Blademaster. I played him on turn 4, only to have my opponent knock him down to 1 attack with humility. For most of the game I had a 1/7 minion that didn't even have taunt. Then, the final round and he was really banking on minion he'd super buffed into a 10/6 powerhouse. I doubled my Blademaster's health, then swapped it with my Crazed Alchemist, and that 14 points took down more than half of his remaining health. It was really overkill, and if I hadn't been able to win that very turn, I probably would have done the same trick with my Temple Enforcer, to get a 12/6 minion instead of a 14/1, but I can definitely see myself using this trick a lot in the future.

figmentPez

Staff member
Those Murlocs start to stack up (obviously not my screenshot)

The winning player has 10 mana worth of undamaged minions on the field (1+1+1+3+1+3), and the losing player still has their taunt minion on the board. Which means the loser never played any other minion, never played any cards that dealt damage, and had the coin. Since it took all the mana the winning player had to get those minions on the field, that means it must have been a Soulfire card that dealt the winning blow... but I don't see how that's possible given the number of cards.

3 cards to start, 1 drawn for each turn = 7 cards. 6 cards on the field, 1 card left in the hand. There's no mana left to have played anything that would draw a card.

Is this screenshot bogus?

The winning player has 10 mana worth of undamaged minions on the field (1+1+1+3+1+3), and the losing player still has their taunt minion on the board. Which means the loser never played any other minion, never played any cards that dealt damage, and had the coin. Since it took all the mana the winning player had to get those minions on the field, that means it must have been a Soulfire card that dealt the winning blow... but I don't see how that's possible given the number of cards.

3 cards to start, 1 drawn for each turn = 7 cards. 6 cards on the field, 1 card left in the hand. There's no mana left to have played anything that would draw a card.

Is this screenshot bogus?
It's not bogus, you're missing the most obvious answer.

The opponent conceded.

Ok, I take it back, this is fun. My mage deck took out one of those Murloc decks. I kept up pressure by staying calm and killing off his Murlocs asap. When the score was 17 (me) to 9 (him) he blew himself up. I had a pretty commanding control of the field.

Wow, I haven't played Arena since it went into open beta. It's a lot easier now! I was able to easily get into 7+ wins while playing quick and sloppy.

Time to start hitting that shit for fun and profit.

Wow, I haven't played Arena since it went into open beta. It's a lot easier now! I was able to easily get into 7+ wins while playing quick and sloppy.

Time to start hitting that shit for fun and profit.
wow it seems just the opposite for me. My last five arena runs have been horrible and nearly every opponent I play against I know I have seen up in the 6+ wins area. I think it maybe that I play mid day when I have time so there are not as many people playing then but it has just seemed tougher the past few days.

Ok, I take it back, this is fun. My mage deck took out one of those Murloc decks. I kept up pressure by staying calm and killing off his Murlocs asap. When the score was 17 (me) to 9 (him) he blew himself up. I had a pretty commanding control of the field.
Nice those mulocs are quite annoying to play against. You have to get your lucky early draws so you can make it to mid game and dominate. I'm thinking about putting a few senjins in my decks to help combat them and hunter better.

Just got in. (notmaker #1301, for those who don't have me already)

Does card rarity make a difference for cards who have multiple rarities available?

Just got in. (notmaker #1301, for those who don't have me already)

Does card rarity make a difference for cards who have multiple rarities available?
Huh?

The only rarity that cards have over their base is whether they're gold or not, which is a different "roll"

What does that mean?
I'm not entirely certain what your question was. Each card has a specific rarity, indicated by the gem in the center of the card, color coded the same way WoW items are. Each card also has a 'gold' version which is purely aesthetic, and disenchants for quite a bit more dust if you choose to disenchant it.