[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I know rank 17 isn't that impressive, but I'm quite pleased with it. Especially since I haven't lost a ranked game yet.

Opened a new pack aaaaaaannnnnddd...

11 now with 1 rare and all commons. This isn't upsetting me anymore as I want to see just how bad my luck can be :D

Finally 10'd my Warlock last night. Only Paladin and Hunter remain.
So far, Rogue has been the most fun to play.

--Patrick

Ok so I wanted to try the intro battles again so I tried the EU servers and four packs in I already have a better rogue deck then my main account. First pack black knight then I got both eviscerates, perdition's blade and blade flurry then I crafted an si7 agent. All those cards minus the si I don't have. Even the eviscerates I still haven't gotten yet on my main! I also got an auctioneer so I feel like I can finally give rogue a proper spin. It's amazing how the first 4 rare or better cards were all perfect for rogue. Now to hopefully pull a leeroy and shadowstep and I'll be all set.

I was experiencing a whole lot of difficulty winning any games about a week ago or so. Something said on The Angry Chicken was able to explain why that might be, and that's because of Diablo 3's expansion release drawing a lot of the casual players away from Hearthstone. Things have sort of calmed down now, and I win as much as I lose. Which is much nicer than losing 5 straight games.

Play ranked. Seriously, you don't lose anything at 25 and you're best chance to get 3 wins is at the 25 to 22 ranks anyways. Don't bother with the open play as you'll face your hardest opponents there.

figmentPez

Staff member
This play, seriously, this play:

Noxious has become my favorite Hearthstone player. I learn more from Trump, but Nox is a whole lot more fun to watch. I love his Randuin Wrynn deck.

It's pretty neat they are doing this, but frustrating I have to start saving my gold now because they won't tell us how much each adventure will cost. As it's the only way to get the cards, it's a genius move.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Nerubian Egg seems like it's going to be a little OP in aggro decks. Pop one of those down on the field and suddenly you've got some serious AOE protection.

I watched this video from Noxious about his thoughts on the new cards:

He's got some good thoughts on how these cards might work. I mean, imagine going second and opening with turn 1 Undertaker, coin into Leper Gnome. That's a 3/2 and a 2/1. Leper Gnome kills the 3/2 the opponent throws out, and then you play a Nerubian egg, giving you a 4/3 and a 0/2. Best case scenario for your opponent is that they have a Wolf Rider at that point, or some other 3 damage removal. Even if they do, though, a turn 3 Void Terror would be devestating. It could eat the Egg, leaving you with a 4/4 and a 3/5 on turn 3, while your opponent is likely to have little or no board presence.

Didn't screen cap it but literally this week I had someone drop a Deathwing and I mind controlled it.
Then faceless'd it next turn.

Ok, I have somehow got my wife to play this now for reals. She's built her own mage deck and is beating the innkeaper. Super cool :)

figmentPez

Staff member
TotalBiscuit Vs Trump: The Beard Challenge!

Hero characters must have beards! All cards used must have beards! BEARDS!

Ok so I noticed a bug that might help some of you get gold quicker. On the American servers when they are changing the quests, 1am pacific, you can basically have unlimited rerolls on your quests. So if you get a 40 gold quest that day wait til just after 1 to reroll it and you can get a 60 gold one, usually with the class you want or if really lucky the 100 gold quest. If you try changing it too fast (like 30 rerolls in under a minute) you can sometimes have the server flip out and can lose your quest all together but if you just change it 10 or so times then wait a few seconds click off the screen with the quests then go back and do another 10 rolls etc until you get a quest you want you will be fine.

I tried to do this on the European servers during their quest changing time but it didn't seem to work. Anyway hope this works for you guys too.

So my new mage deck is doing well....
Hearthstone_Screenshot_4.20.2014.19.09.09.png
That's vs Hand Lock. Turn 5. No murlocs. No double ice lance/frostbolt combos etc.

I've been having fun with a Priest gimmick deck, focusing on card draw and using Valen or lightspawn with pumped up health and inner fire for Valen. I've got enough control outside of the gimmick that unless someone has a crapton of powerful taunts, I can pretty much wipe the board with them once I get up to turn 8-10.

I tend to have success with my Druid and Shaman decks. I want to understand the other classes, they just run counter to how I normally play it seems.