Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok folks, this is the thread to follow. Whenever I make an update to the blog that holds the Halforums Academy 2 content, this is where I'll come to notify everybody.

The Blog address again is http://halforumsacademy2.blogspot.com .

To get things started, in addition to the map and schedule that's been there since the blog was instantiated, I've now put up a teaser trailer that I threw together quick and dirty as a proof of concept of whether or not doing this via videos will work.

http://halforumsacademy2.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-trailer.html

The good news is that I think I can pull it off! It will just take longer. Processing a single game "day" will probably take me 2 to 3 weeknights of work, so the updates will come less frequently than in the first HFA. However, I'm hoping the increase in production value makes up for it!

Late edit - Here's the youtube playlist that will contain all the videos in proper order, suitable for those who arrive late to the party and want to watch them correctly.

LATEST EDIT: The series is now concluded. The above blogspot and youtube playlist have all the pertinent videos, and soundtracks for the episodes can be found at:

http://gasbanditry.com/HFA2

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, also I recommend pulling up the videos in a full youtube window for 720p... playing it in the blog's small window kinda degrades the quality a little.[DOUBLEPOST=1415243953,1415243923][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay that was pretty damned funny.
-NOT-
GREEN
-DALE-

Hmm. On the one hand, switching to the Swim Team from Band looks very tempting. On the other hand, being on the swim team probably won't exactly help my appeal...

GasBandit

Staff member
Clubs are apparently more important this time around than they were the first time. Not only do they actually affect INT/STR (as previously noted), there is also a hidden "Club score" that figures into your grades every two weeks. All that, plus the same socialization issues from AA1 (you get more opportunities to socialize with people in the same club as you).

Clubs are apparently more important this time around than they were the first time. Not only do they actually affect INT/STR (as previously noted), there is also a hidden "Club score" that figures into your grades every two weeks. All that, plus the same socialization issues from AA1 (you get more opportunities to socialize with people in the same club as you).
So is it possible to switch, or would that result in you sending a drone to murder me?

GasBandit

Staff member
So is it possible to switch, or would that result in you sending a drone to murder me?
Any student can switch any time they want (if I'm controlling them, I can just go to the staff room and sign up for a different club), and also if a student particularly likes a student from another club, they might try to convince them to change clubs (which can happen while I'm not controlling them, so I may not even notice for a few days that "oops soandso's on a different team now").

The only drawback is, I think it resets your club score to do so, which eliminates any grades bonuses that good club participation may give you.

I just noticed, man, poor Celt Z is the only person on the Baseball team.
"Attention, there has been a slight change on the Halforums Academy lineup...
Catching: Celt Z. Left field: Celt Z. Right field: Celt Z. Pitching: Celt Z. Third Base: Celt Z. Center field: Celt Z. First Base: Celt Z. Shortstop: Celt Z. Second Base: Celt Z."
I am just THAT amazing. :minionhappy:

On the other hand, god help us if I get an injury. :Leyla:

On the other hand, god help us if I get an injury. :Leyla:
Even just not playing at your best would be bad enough.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Halforums Academy — mighty Celt Z has struck out.

Any student can switch any time they want (if I'm controlling them, I can just go to the staff room and sign up for a different club), and also if a student particularly likes a student from another club, they might try to convince them to change clubs (which can happen while I'm not controlling them, so I may not even notice for a few days that "oops soandso's on a different team now").

The only drawback is, I think it resets your club score to do so, which eliminates any grades bonuses that good club participation may give you.
Well, that shouldn't be a big deal at this point. Okay, Ronan switches clubs to the Swim Team. I guess he'll be, like, the Towel Captain or something.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, that shouldn't be a big deal at this point. Okay, Ronan switches clubs to the Swim Team. I guess he'll be, like, the Towel Captain or something.
Soon as his turn being the pawn of fate comes up, I'll make that change, if he hasn't made one himself in the meantime.

GasBandit

Staff member
Would it change anybody's mind about leaving Band if I told them Band members have special uniforms they put on for 3rd period?

Well, of course, technically so does the swim team (their swimsuits) but everybody wears those on tuesday and thursday, when PE is in the pool.

Would it change anybody's mind about leaving Band if I told them Band members have special uniforms they put on for 3rd period?

Well, of course, technically so does the swim team (their swimsuits) but everybody wears those on tuesday and thursday, when PE is in the pool.
God I hated our Marching Band Uniform. We looked like we were from a depressed gay Franco-Austrian military academy (since our colors were garnet and grey). Especially the shako hats with the "dead sparrow" plumes.

GasBandit

Staff member
God I hated our Marching Band Uniform. We looked like we were from a depressed gay Franco-Austrian military academy (since our colors were garnet and grey).
Well you may have noticed Halforums Academy's colors are white, black, blue and red. The band uniforms are basically the same shirt in blue for the boys, but the girls get an entirely different blazer with long sleeves and all that sort of thing (probably was originally meant to simply be the "winter" uniform).