Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

Alright, here's what I spent the last 5 hours making :p

I'm officially calling days 1-8 "season 1" and season 2 starts with day 9. Unfortunately, day 9, as I mentioned, will be slightly delayed due to a number of factors - not only my own increasing standards and desires for production value but also the next week is my radio station's big annual charity christmas toy drive which will take up a lot of my time as well - so my available time to work on this project will be curtailed. Hopefully though I'll still get some done on it, but I'm also hoping the delay will afford for more feedback from you guys as to what's been produced so far, and let me recharge my creative batteries a bit - because let me tell you... the last 8 episodes of HFA2 have been as mentally exhausting as all 23 "days" of HFA1, even though I don't have to come up with filename jokes any more :p

So in any case, right now I'm tenatively hoping day 9 will come out sometime early next week, possibly sooner but don't hold me to it. Meantime, I'm still interested in hearing what you guys think should be changed or improved going forward, and keep the energy up. I think I'll also toss the above season 2 trailer around on the forum to see if we can drum up a larger audience for it, too ;)
You know, the rating charts are in, and it looks like Poe is trending a large audience. We should get more of her. In fact, we may want to rebrand as Halforums Academy: Featuring Raven Poe.

I smell a spinoff.

You know, the rating charts are in, and it looks like Poe is trending a large audience. We should get more of her. In fact, we may want to rebrand as Halforums Academy: Featuring Raven Poe.

I smell a spinoff.
Don't forget who's topping the popularity charts these days, Missy. ;)

Meantime, I'm still interested in hearing what you guys think should be changed or improved going forward, and keep the energy up. I think I'll also toss the above season 2 trailer around on the forum to see if we can drum up a larger audience for it, too ;)
Zombie players. :aaah:

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm in it! I saw my picture flash onscreen! I'm in it! AHHH~! *foams at the mouth*
Well, of course. The first 42 seconds or so of that is going to be the new "opening credits" of the episodes for season 2, and as you're going to be in it, starting with day 10, you go in the credits.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, bear in mind that under normal circumstances, changing clubs affects your grades adversely because it does away with any bonuses you've gotten from dutifully attending your previous club. I don't know if that will still be the case if I have to edit the save file.

The first exam will be on day 13, and we'll find out how much of a difference it makes then, I suppose.

GasBandit

Staff member
Eh. It's not like Wasabi's at the top of the class as far as grades anyway. If it's a pain in the ass, though, don't worry about it.
It shouldn't be a pain in the ass - either I'll be able to do it or I won't, but in either case I'll know which is true and be done in 5 seconds, once I'm back home. I *think* the editor I have will let me change that. After all, it let me put glasses on you with no real work required.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fun side note - it took all my willpower to not put a blinking

[PRESS START]

over the giant "2" at 30 seconds into the season 2 teaser.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't know this game supported DP...
Actually, a major change from AA1 is now, in AA2, threesomes ARE possible. If two people are goin' at it, and a third person discovers them who they both like enough, the interloper might get invited to join in.

Please tell me that wasn't why Film Fanatic* was just standing there...

(*It was Film Fanatic, yes? I forget. I know Dirona was off-screen.)

EDIT: Oops, sorry, it was Chris En. Just checked.

GasBandit

Staff member
Please tell me that wasn't why Film Fanatic* was just standing there...

(*It was Film Fanatic, yes? I forget. I know Dirona was off-screen.)
No, it was Chris En. (The corner of Dirona's dress was just barely in the shot on the right, and she was "targetable," which meant she was in the area despite not being on camera.)

And he was watching. There's actual... polygonal involvement in a 3 way on screen.

It gets better, too... students who don't have ultrahigh morality or the Class President trait (or are the Teacher) tend to just kinda gather around to watch, their mood shifting over time to get hornier and hornier the longer the act they are watching progresses. Students will begin to either visibly masturbate (hands go into crotches), or if someone they're keen on is nearby, they might go try to initiate with them with dialog specific to the situation ("You see that...? I... I wanna do that too"). And, last but not least, if there are enough people watching, someone might yell "ORGY TIME" and you'll start seeing students dropping to the ground around the original couple. Someone tried to do that early on in season 1 when Raven was doing her thing out in public. It only got like one or two takers, though. Not sure if I remember it exactly right, but I think it was Eriol and Shakey. Participation in an orgy is counted differently from normal sex, however, since the game can't quite track exactly who is boning who, it doesn't add to the tally of those involved. Significant others (in declared relationships) will, however, still consider it cheating if one is involved and the other is not.