Halforum Minecraft Server

GasBandit

Staff member
I surveyed it on my lunch break, and was able to repair most everything but a few powered rails, which will be fixed when I get around to it (I just used up all 24 of my gold bars on apples to dezombie villagers last night as luck would have it). It's not critical, and can happen when I get around to it.

Thanks again for the redstone and the diamonds.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ha! Ha! Bad math strikes again! Did I say I'd need 600 redstone blocks? What I meant was 2500. /facepalm.

I foresee a lot of digging in my future. Heh.

Dave

Staff member
Damn. I don't have that many, although I do have a couple more stacks.

Redstone + fortune 3 = a metric fuckton of redstone blocks.

GasBandit

Staff member
Thanks to the kind and charitable contributions of Dave and Eriol, along with a few lucky strikes I had this evening in the mine, I got enough diamonds to finish the eyes. Figured I owed everyone at the very least a glimpse of the work in progress - Spoilered for bigness

A 48-to-1 scale representation of my wife's minecraft avatar riding a minecart.

2014-02-14_00.37.51.png 2014-02-14_00.39.39.png

I'm saving the arms for last because I plan for one of the arms to be raised at an angle, brandishing a pick, and doing arms at an angle is tricky business - I've avoided it in my previous large statues. It may be slightly easier this time though, as this is by far the largest statue I've ever attempted, and bigger means less granularity of the voxels overall.

In the meantime, the hunt continues for mass amounts of redstone (the front and left sides of the head, visible above, are the only ones actually solid right now - all the other unseen sides are completely empty, including the top)

Last edited:
Glad to help man, and glad it's coming along, but I do wonder why Red wool and Blue or Light blue glass weren't options? Or just didn't like the look of them?

GasBandit

Staff member
Glad to help man, and glad it's coming along, but I do wonder why Red wool and Blue or Light blue glass weren't options? Or just didn't like the look of them?
Well, glass was right out because it's transparent, and the inside will throw the color off. When I did the math (correctly, finally) on how many diamonds it'd take to do the eyes, I almost switched to teal dyed wool, but the diamond blocks just have a better lustre for the eyes, I think, so I'm glad it worked out this way. The darker blue are lapis blocks. As for red wool, the purse strap crossing the torso is made out of red wool - you can really see the difference there, if you open the picture and zoom in on the left shoulder area, just above the scaffold.

Dave

Staff member
Gas that looks awesome! Glad I could help!

And CS, it sure would be as long as they build and not go all destructoid on us.

We're all pretty tame in chat. I don't think I've ever heard much in the line of inappropriate talk in chat. I haven't seen any giant penis statues yet either.

Like they said, as long as they are respectful of peoples builds I don't think it would be a problem.

When the next map goes up, let's see who can spot my latest project without being told where it is. It is FULLY visible, but subtle.

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So, I'm kinda trying to get back in minecraft. Can I get on the white list or is your sand box not big enough for me and my toys too? Also, I"m still playing an old client, to what would I want to update to for your server?

So, I'm kinda trying to get back in minecraft. Can I get on the white list or is your sand box not big enough for me and my toys too? Also, I"m still playing an old client, to what would I want to update to for your server?
There is definitely room. We're on 1.74, so just update the client to the newest one. If you want to stay on the old one for your single player stuff, I believe you can. Just PM me or post in here your minecraft name and I'll get you on the whitelist.[DOUBLEPOST=1392486299,1392486163][/DOUBLEPOST]
When the next map goes up, let's see who can spot my latest project without being told where it is. It is FULLY visible, but subtle.

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I think I know what you're talking about. I won't say anything because it's probably not fair. ;) The new map should be up now though.

@Shakey
I can't get on. says I am not whitelisted.
I am guessing the whitelist is case sensitive.
I also guess my name is blockphysh with no "B" and I didn't even realize that.

Last edited:
I can't get on.
I am guessing the whitelist is case sensitive.
I also guess my name is blockphysh with no "B"
I think I forgot to reload the whitelist. If another op can hop in and do that(/whitelist reload), you should be good. I'm not at home right now. So it will be a couple hours before I can do it.

Finished with the main structure of my build. God, that was brutal.

-edit-

And now that it's done I can see a bunch of mistakes I missed. Blarg.

Last edited:
I will trade stone brick for smooth stone, or cobble. I have 1.5 crates of it. I thought I would need more brick for my village than I needed.

GasBandit

Staff member
I will trade stone brick for smooth stone, or cobble. I have 1.5 crates of it. I thought I would need more brick for my village than I needed.
I've got about 50 stacks of smooth stone left over from my giant minecart and at least 100 stacks of cobble from hunting redstone that I won't be using. It's in the basement at my house, help yourself. The stairs to the basement are right by the door, in the water garden. The chests are labeled.

Also help yourself to some chicken while you're down there, I have so much I don't know what to do with it. You'd be doing me a favor by taking some.