Halforum Minecraft Server

It doesn't sound like 1.8 will be out for a while. They're planning a 1.7.6 release in a few weeks, so I'm guessing it'll be close to a month at least.

Dave

Staff member
I'm not sure I like that change, given that Lapis Lazuli is a nonrenewable resource.
It takes up to 3 to do anything. And once you have a Fortune III pick, it explodes. You can literally get a 1/2 a stack from one block.

GasBandit

Staff member
It takes up to 3 to do anything. And once you have a Fortune III pick, it explodes. You can literally get a 1/2 a stack from one block.
Well, it's good it's super cheap and that they're apparently upping the drop per ore broken. Because I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend more than 3 per enchant/repair... that will add up in a ding dang hurry.

Yeah, I've been stockpiling Lapis against the coming patch as well. Not too happy about the nonrenewable part.

--Patrick

Since it's supposed to be cheaper on levels, it makes sense. Diamond isn't "really" renewable either, and there's not too many complaints about it, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a limiter on enchants.

That being said, I have lapis like crazy. I don't think I have over a stack of blocks yet, but I'm getting there.

GasBandit

Staff member
Since it's supposed to be cheaper on levels, it makes sense. Diamond isn't "really" renewable either, and there's not too many complaints about it, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a limiter on enchants.

That being said, I have lapis like crazy. I don't think I have over a stack of blocks yet, but I'm getting there.
That's true, and usually why I make new shovels instead of repairing the old ones.

My first death while nether tunneling tonight. :cry: I fell into a giant lava pit. I made it out, but the fire killed me. Lost all my armor, my sword, bow, and a good chunk of the stone I was gonna use.

I do have a safe tunnel to the mesa biome though. I was just trying to lay a stone floor and fell through. It's actually going through Cranky Wizards portal room, hopefully he doesn't mind. Just keep going past @Eriol's place on the rail away from the spawn portal and you'll see it. I put a stop in.

I'll let him know.

--Patrick
Thanks. I just put a hole in one of his walls, and made is so the minecart now stops in front of his branch. Also, not far down the path is a nether fort, if he wants to have his way with it. You can tell where it is by the sudden nether brick walls.

Shakey, you're nuts. For those that don't realize, he put RAIL to it. The entire way. And at least when you're the only one on the server, it's fast too.

So ya... explore! you'll like it. Lots of hard-to-acquire blocks!

FYI, it won't push empty cars on it. That would have been way too much powered rail... Aussie must have finished it up for me. I got most of the way, but hit a wall as it was 2am and had to call it a night.

The reason I went that way is I'd like to eventually loop it around to the mushroom isle portal. Now that'll be a project.[DOUBLEPOST=1393591890,1393591817][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if anyone still need set up with a portal say so. We can get you set up too.

I can't wait for 1.8. I've been saving up my lapis lazuli and have a chest with stuff that I need repaired. I take it almost to the breaking point and then stash them.
Just a warning to all that the blaze grinder will probably stop working in 1.8, as the release notes say blazes will be able to shoot through solid blocks.

Also see-through packs will stop working, as it will only render as transparent those blocks which are transparent.

--Patrick

I can find out if he finished it. I have no clue other than he must have run into some mobs since I kept hearing him cursing under his breath about blowing up.

On another note, this morning our son told me @GasBandit needs to change his name to GhastBandit. Seems he remembers some of your names on the server from peeking over Aussie's shoulder while he's playing.

I can find out if he finished it. I have no clue other than he must have run into some mobs since I kept hearing him cursing under his breath about blowing up.

On another note, this morning our son told me @GasBandit needs to change his name to GhastBandit. Seems he remembers some of your names on the server from peeking over Aussie's shoulder while he's playing.
I'm sure it was. We were out there together just before I called it a night. He took the dangerous route to start. That might have been why he was cursing. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Har! Trouble is, even if I wanted to do so, minecraft accounts can't change names. So I'd have to buy another copy of the game.

You will be able to in 1.8.
I thought they were adding support for it, but not actually enabling it?
Ah, wait. That's in the 1.7.x patch.

Also, the blaze grinder may still work if they just shoot at players, but the bolts don't go through the blocks. If that's the case, it might just have to be rebuilt without glass. Iron bars, maybe? Dunno what would be durable enough but still see-through.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought they were adding support for it, but not actually enabling it?
Ah, wait. That's in the 1.7.x patch.

Also, the blaze grinder may still work if they just shoot at players, but the bolts don't go through the blocks. If that's the case, it might just have to be rebuilt without glass. Iron bars, maybe? Dunno what would be durable enough but still see-through.

--Patrick
Iron bars would probably work. Hell, fenceposts might work too, they seem to trump everything else when used in the regular world. Zombies don't know that a gate is a gate.

Tectonicus is still being difficult, and keeps giving me an out of bounds java error. Here a static map to check out while I work on it. Some pretty big changes happening. Map 2-27-14

Thanks! I had the weekend off and the family was sick, so i had a bit of time (16hrs or so). now I'm tapped out of ideas though.

Ya, that blockade runner is quite impressive.

I'm also quite impressed/horrified by how much land some people have fenced or walled off, occasionally with extremely thick walls. That itself is something.

It's weird to have my most recent project deliberately near-invisible. I like seeing it on there, but then there's the feeling of "but nobody else really sees it." Kinda melancholy.

Question! Did anyone happen to put a painting out where it could be seen in a tectonicus render lately? Supposedly that can cause the error I'm getting. The ones inside haven't created any problems in the past.