[Contest] Guess when Kim Davis relents and leaves prison!

My mom used to work in the court clerk office in their county. What a bunch of miserable power-tripping chumps. She looks sounds like she is just like them.
How it works in that county: the head court clerk is elected by the public in that county then the clerk has the power to hire all of the staff for the clerk office and then like-minded nepotistic bullshit ensues!

I hope this power-tripping creep learns her lesson. Probably won't. And, the effed up thing is that she'll probably get a flippin' Christian book deal out of it.

Oh, and she's been married like four times or something. Hypocritical c#nt. Sanctity of marriage, indeed.

Ah. Then I'd bet she's nutty enough to ride out the sentence. I know that's already been called, but that's okay. That's the only prediction I want to make.
I'm not positive on this but I believe the order is until she complies. It could be possible to serve "until end of term" and then someone takes her place, but I don't know. This is the best, imo, test of America's standpoint of no matter what religion and separation of church and state. We are founded on Freedom of Religion but far to many people are ignorant and do not realize that does not imply your freedom to choose a Christian religion. I don't care if you worship Christ, Buddha, the Tao, Hindu, or anything else! If you are elected, chosen, appointed, fall into a government position, obey the law of the land! if that is counter to your own beliefs, either do your job anyhow or... get the fuck out.

Depends what his job is. Working for the clerk of the circuit court isn't exactly a difficult job to get. Hell, it was my first full time job. They take temp workers, students, and low experience workers. File management even took high school kids (but they couldn't file juvenile cases unless they were 18).

I miss three days of work in a row my employer can assume I have abandoned my job. Can her employer do the same?

I saw something saying that her mother was County Clerk before her and that she had worked in the office for 20 years before her mom retired and she got elected to take over. Now her son works in the same office. Guess nepotism runs in the family.

Also, for my guess, I am going to say Sept. 25th. She will be in there long enough for her to come up with a really good title for the inevitable book deal and to be interviewed by all the Christian/Anti-Secular/Fox News radio/tv/newspapers.

Her husband called upon the governor to release her or step down for not doing his job. The statement was said without one shred of irony. Apparently she's also the first American to be jailed for following her conscious.

That's the theory, but for John 8:1-11 where Jesus does not condemn an adulteress but tells her to leave her life of sin.

Her husband called upon the governor to release her or step down for not doing his job. The statement was said without one shred of irony. Apparently she's also the first American to be jailed for following her conscious.
I don't think the Governor can actually DO anything. She's guilty of contempt of court... it's an ongoing crime that she is actively participating in. Even if the Governor COULD pardon her, doing so could bring federal charges against them for actively participating in the denial of a gay couple's constitutional right to be married. He'd be in the same boat she is.

Oh, so is that the singular part of the New Testament they're allowed to follow?
Many "christians" like to pick and chose. I go for the love approach. I try to love everybody and treat others respectfully. I find it is the easiest way to live. Hating is so self-destructive.

1 John 4:7-12
New International Version (NIV)
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Seems fairly simple.

Many "christians" like to pick and chose. I go for the love approach. I try to love everybody and treat others respectfully. I find it is the easiest way to live. Hating is so self-destructive.

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Seems fairly simple.
Sure, but isn't that picking and choosing to ignore the parts where it's all like "He that believeth not is condemned already."?

Which husband? The current one, or one of the multiple exes?

Sure, but isn't that picking and choosing to ignore the parts where it's all like "He that believeth not is condemned already."?
Maybe but I don't think that my part is condemning (Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.) but loving others as I love myself. I can only control what I do. I prefer to try to make friends and hopefully shine light into the dark and maybe some will ask about what I believe, and why I act the way I do.

I do have a job where sometimes I must do things I don't believe are right. I am in many houses in a day and many people in my town are gangsters, if I see something illegal/immoral I cannot report it, it would risk not only me but every employee of my company. I have seen houses where it is not safe for anybody and could not do anything about it, every time I drive past a certain house I hope the crossbow above the baby crib is no longer there.

I believe it is supreme arrogance to think that I have all the answers or the only interpretation. At the end of the day I cannot control what others believe or do, I don't believe I have any credibility to do so. I know I am fallible and don't give advice easily. I find that the Greatest commandment of loving God and the second of loving others to be of the utmost importance, the rest is just details.

Last edited:
Back to OP I think she might just try for the long haul, but will probably flake out on Nov 23rd, just in time for Thanksgiving.

Seems fairly simple.
Ah, but: "If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth."

Oooooh! What if Jesus visits her on Christmas! and says "You have proven your resolve and suffered enough. Comply with Ceasar and you shall be rewarded with my favour. PS: put a cap in Santa Claus for me."

Apparently Mike Huckabee will be paying her a visit in prison.

Now, no report has said this is a conjugal visit, but neither have they said it's not a conjugal visit, so I think one can draw obvious conclusions.

Apparently Mike Huckabee will be paying her a visit in prison.

Now, no report has said this is a conjugal visit, but neither have they said it's not a conjugal visit, so I think one can draw obvious conclusions.
So will this become TWO supreme court decisions that he disagrees with where he'll use the military to enforce his personal beliefs?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/travel/muslim-flight-attendant-feat/

So is Huckabee going to help this woman as well? A muslim woman suspended from her job because her religion prevented her from serving alcohol as a stewardess.
It's like some Jesus warriors' views on Al-Qaeda: their actions would be fine if in the name of Christianity.

I have never heard of Muslims being forbidden from even serving alcohol. In fact, even consuming it as taboo is a point of debate. Certainly during Ramadan, but at other times less that it's forbidden and more that it's frowned upon.

I have never heard of Muslims being forbidden from even serving alcohol. In fact, even consuming it as taboo is a point of debate. Certainly during Ramadan, but at other times less that it's forbidden and more that it's frowned upon.
Under Sharia Law consumption of alcohol (or any other intoxicant) is forbidden, punishable by flogging (with hanging considered for repeat offenders). No idea how "aiding and abetting" works, though.

--Patrick

Last edited:
It doesn't, but it makes for a convenient straw to grasp.

When you sign on to get a job, most will have a list of expectations and requirements. If you work in a service industry where alcohol is served, then it follows that you, at some point, might be expected to serve alcohol. Or pork. Or something else that is forbidden, depending on your religious views.

You have to weigh your need for a job against your need to be strictly "orthodox" in your religious views.

Crap like this makes me glad that I don't drink from THAT particular jug of Kool-Aid. I don't push my shit on you, you don't push yours on me, and everything will be fine.

I wish some of the more hateful, judgmental Christians would actually read John 3:17 instead of just stopping after 16.