Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

It's become such an outlier to see a well-done female cosplay picture that does not prominently feature cleavage. Brava.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Unrealistic armor be damned, when your cosplay involves a live bear, you get put in THIS thread, not the other thread.

Speaking of Pros of Cons of Cosplay, BelleChere will be making an appearance at a Con about a half hour from where I live next weekend (that I hadn't heard about until she mentioned it on FB) so I'll be meeting her in person next Sunday if all goes well. I think I have time to make her a chainmaille necklace before then.

I met BelleChere today. She's really nice, we talked for probably 15 to 20 minutes at her table. She was doing her Rogue (Legacy) outfit. I gave her a chainmail necklace I made for her, she seemed to like it.

She's even better looking in person than online.

So of fucking course I fucking forgot to bring my camera.

Last edited:
Next time you'll have to remember not to 'shop BelleChere out of the middle of it.

--Patrick
Yeah, like I said above, I didn't have my camera with me at the convention (and I was PISSED when I realized that). I would have loved to get a picture but I fucked that up.

That's a really nice costume, though I wish they hadn't awkwardly Photoshopped her body. I doubt she or the costume needed it.

There is most definitely Photoshop in both of those. The highlights, the filters, some of the smoothed-edges both in her costume and on her face. Some "corrective shaping". Judging by the detail in the costume and the model, I really don't think it was necessary, but for the same reason they "tweak" magazine covers, they wanted a very specific shape and look to it. I wish there were some untouched shots because it looks like the costume has a lot of beautiful detail work and crafting put into it.

There is most definitely Photoshop in both of those. The highlights, the filters, some of the smoothed-edges both in her costume and on her face. Some "corrective shaping". Judging by the detail in the costume and the model, I really don't think it was necessary, but for the same reason they "tweak" magazine covers, they wanted a very specific shape and look to it. I wish there were some untouched shots because it looks like the costume has a lot of beautiful detail work and crafting put into it.
found a SC2 Launch shot.

Yeah, there was lot of 'shopping in the touched-up photos, but I'm glad there's an unfiltered shot. Great work on sculpting the textures on the body suit and hair.

Those are different people @Bones. I'm uploading a less processed shot of the costume. (spoilered for size)

I actually disagree - I think the photoshop enhances the photo and gets across the look they wanted. The cosplay is INSANE. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work, ridiculous time and money that went into this. I'm absolutely blown away, photo shop or not.

No, her Shepherd costume doesn't have the red and white stripes on the arm, and has an amber plastic omni tool.
Well, you're right about the amber plastic omniblade at any rate. But the cosplayer above has significantly better armor - better proportions, not as rough looking close up.