General Empyrion Thread

Cobalt! Not neodymium. That’s right. Still need neodymium later, though. Trust me.
I still think it’s dumb that they make you scrounge through the radiated areas to find a bare handful of cobalt boulders that may or may not regenerate before the game finally deems you worthy of owning a drill, especially since you can just BUY one at many trading posts, but hey, That‘s My Eleon.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Got to a planet, landed. Turns out it was hostile territory. No problem, I'll just fly somewhere else.

Nope. Gravity x4. Could not take off. Drones came by. Kaboom. Oh, you DON'T have a medical thing at your home base? Well then, I guess you're now stuck in space on a miner's satellite. Or, you know, start all over again in an escape pod.

GasBandit

Staff member
Got to a planet, landed. Turns out it was hostile territory. No problem, I'll just fly somewhere else.

Nope. Gravity x4. Could not take off. Drones came by. Kaboom. Oh, you DON'T have a medical thing at your home base? Well then, I guess you're now stuck in space on a miner's satellite. Or, you know, start all over again in an escape pod.
This is the authentic empyrion experience I experienced constantly back before I ran my own carefully curated server. Now that it's just rng all over again, the bad old days are back.

Nope. Gravity x4. Could not take off. Drones came by. Kaboom. Oh, you DON'T have a medical thing at your home base? Well then, I guess you're now stuck in space on a miner's satellite.
I’ve been there. Always check the planet info panel when you hit atmosphere to see if it’s a hi-G world before you go exploring. Doesn’t hurt to also put a couple extra thrusters pointed down, just in case.

As for the medical thing, you DO have one, I saw it there. But having one isn’t enough, you also have to go to the base’s “P” panel and explicitly check the “Home Spawn” box, otherwise the game is dumb and is like, “Well I know you have only one base in all of existence BUT I‘m not really sure you want to use it sooooo here’s a mining station HAVE FUN WITH THAT.”

Also if Gas can’t fly you back, I’ll give you a lift when I get home from work (if you can wait that long). You DID give me water when I needed It, after all. ;)

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I get back into the game and am at the mining base. I can't do anything, nor can I leave. I go up to a container and it says, "NO! DON'T! They'll hate you! NOOOOOOO!" Fuck it, I say to myself, knowing I'm probably going to have to reset and start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Heavy Armor.

Fuck you, Empyrion. Fuck you.

I told you I would give you a lift, but noooooo.
Don’t forget that if you reset, you will no longer own the base nor its contents, and you’ll have to grind your tech levels all over again.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Fresh start does not do that, it just drops you back on your starting planet. You have to wipe yourself with the chatbot to lose structures.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait. So I'd still own my base & stuff? Will I be level 1?
Remember how when rdr attacked my base, and you ended up having to do fresh start to get back to Akua? You kept your levels iirc... But the drop pod was empty and you had to walk, starving and cold.

“Fresh Start” also probably won’t reset your faction status, so I’d be careful about heading into any Polaris* territory for a while, too.

—Patrick
*or whatever faction the mining camp was.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah I figured that out as well. They don't like me.

But I'm back at my base. And I kept my light armor, which was a bit of a surprise. Makes me wish I could have put on that heavy. But it is what it is. And my base got attacked by the Zirax right when I got back. The direction they came in shielded them from your ship and largely from my turrets as well. One of them died inside the building and the other I killed out back with my SURVIVAL TOOL! But I have a Big Damn Hole in my base right now. Good thing the air is breathable.

And when (if) you get on tonight, I wouldn't say no to some cobalt. I don't really want to have to go back to the moon, especially since it's all been picked over and not respawning nodes.

my base got attacked by the Zirax right when I got back. The direction they came in shielded them from your ship and largely from my turrets as well.
Pretty sure I left my ship‘s guns active, so if the Zirax show up and are in its line of sight, it will shoot at them.
If you want to be more prepared, the “Statistics” tab on your base should show in the far lower right corner when the next drone attack/raid is scheduled to return.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
As I said, they came in a direction that blocked your ship and my turrets. I'd add more turrets but I just don't care. I have another base just like it sitting in my factory ready to be placed down.

GasBandit

Staff member
The crazy thing is, Emrys and I destroyed the drone base. Normally that stops the drones permanently...

... but it came back within a day or two.

Dave

Staff member
Got back to base after mining promethium in the irradiated zone, started my constructors making energy....and my electricity went out at home. So glad it didn't happen while I was knee deep in green gas clouds of doom.

Dave

Staff member
Well that sucks. I'm playing and everything is going fine. I get my annual birthday call from my father in law, so I take off the headphones and walk upstairs. I come back down and Zirax drones and cored my base, destroyed my SV & HV, and generally wreaked havoc on my shit.

I killed them, pulled all my stuff from the still there containers, spawned the tiny house I'd already run through the factory, and put it right next to my other one. It has no defenses, but I should be able to shore things up.

WHY didn't I log out? I know better than that.

Dave and I died.
It was the Zirax again. Again with the Zirax.
I'm gonna hafta start thinking military-type thoughts regarding them.
Also Solar is still apparently broken planet-side, but this should come as no surprise. Lost all my stored food, though. Apparently 10xT3 fuel tanks still wasn't enough.

--Patrick

Also, 15 full-size solar panels and SIXTY-SEVEN solar capacitors is apparently not enough to survive overnight with 14kPU draw, even though the panels peak at 35kPU during the day (enough to charge the caps from zero to full so long as I'm nearby) and I had 60000 fuel in reserve.

--Patrick