Gas Bandit's Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
babeltek said:
Hmm, maybe you should have made an "I'm here!" thread because this one is just a bunch of back-patting, not enough spewing of political venom!
I'm sure it'll get back to business as usual once it has a few days worth of updates under its belt.

GM's "plan" is all smoke and mirrors.

British school cancels Christmas in favor of celebrating Muslim holiday.

Obama has tapped an 18-year veteran of La Raza to be his director for intergovernmental affairs.

Blackwater may join the fight against somali piracy. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ann Coulter finds it somewhat odd how Democrat strongholds in Minnesota keep finding new votes for Al Franken during this "recount." (If this one doesn't get some political bile going in here, it's time to call the morgue :heythere: )

Florida Senator Mel Martinez is going to retire in 2010. Adios. Former governor Jeb Bush is considering running for his seat.

Here's some follow up from John Ziegler on his poll "How Obama Got Elected." Needless to say, he's had a rough couple of weeks.

In case you didn't know, whoever replaces Barack Obama in the Senate must be black. And so it shall be for now and evermore.

Look out everybody! The "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" is back! It's the 90s all over again!

You are a drug addict and your get thrown in jail. Naturally, your drugs are taken away from you. Did you know that this is a breach of your human rights?

Apparently there is a Wealth Redistribution 2008 Holiday Ornament. It made the list of top 10 stupid gifts.

Fucking British prisons are like country clubs. Next they're going to claim it is their human right to play polo at least once a week, AND they should receive compensation to make bets!

GasBandit said:
Ann Coulter finds it somewhat odd how Democrat strongholds in Minnesota keep finding new votes for Al Franken during this "recount." (If this one doesn't get some political bile going in here, it's time to call the morgue :heythere: )
Why would she find it odd? Where else would Right Wingers who feel they know better than the majority go to influence the voting process?

The poor woman is just upset that she can only spew her crazy theories using just a pen and not her voice as well.

I

Iaculus

babeltek said:
Fucking British prisons are like country clubs. Next they're going to claim it is their human right to play polo at least once a week, AND they should receive compensation to make bets!
Been in one, have you?

babeltek said:
Compensation? Hell, they need to bet their ass like American prisoners do. :bush:

Iaculus said:
babeltek said:
Been in one, have you?
Shh... we don't.. talk about that :paranoid:

Krisken said:
GasBandit said:
Why would she find it odd? Where else would Right Wingers who feel they know better than the majority go to influence the voting process?

The poor woman is just upset that she can only spew her crazy theories using just a pen and not her voice as well.
Hey, I hate Coulter as much as the next person with a brain, but as a Minnesotan? Let me tell you... this election is starting to smell like SHIT. I work in a "liberal" haven and even my most ardent democrat friends think this is getting ridiculous. People are finding ballots in their cars in random voting machines etc. It's getting silly and even our press is starting to take notice.
I don't care for Coleman either but Franken is giving dirty politics a bad name.

Once again, I feel compelled to caution people: take anything the Daily Mail says with the entire salt shaker. It's not a paper, it's a racist shit-stirring rag whose job it is to keep its readers good and frightened.

Lovely to have you back GB.

Lamont said:
Once again, I feel compelled to caution people: take anything the Daily Mail says with the entire salt shaker. It's not a paper, it's a racist shit-stirring rag whose job it is to keep its readers good and frightened.
Funny, thats what the Daily Mail said about you. ;)

I

Iaculus

Lamont said:
Oi! Ranting about the Mail is my job!

Iaculus said:
Lamont said:
Oi! Ranting about the Mail is my job!
I apologise. I'll try to remember that in the future. ;)

Espy said:
Hey, I hate Coulter as much as the next person with a brain, but as a Minnesotan? Let me tell you... this election is starting to smell like SHIT. I work in a "liberal" haven and even my most ardent democrat friends think this is getting ridiculous. People are finding ballots in their cars in random voting machines etc. It's getting silly and even our press is starting to take notice.
I don't care for Coleman either but Franken is giving dirty politics a bad name.
Oh, I don't doubt that things are getting a little rank there. I should have probably added Left Wing hippies or something to show I'm not trying to be biased here. I'm just saying that when someone has been unapologetically wrong for 8 years, the media shouldn't enable them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Krisken said:
Espy said:
Oh, I don't doubt that things are getting a little rank there. I should have probably added Left Wing hippies or something to show I'm not trying to be biased here. I'm just saying that when someone has been unapologetically wrong for 8 years, the media shouldn't enable them.
Well, that kinda rules out CBS, MSNBC, et al already...

GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Espy said:
Gas, we've been over this, only Fox is biased. Ask anyone here. ;)

Espy said:
GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Espy said:
Gas, we've been over this, only Fox is biased. Ask anyone here. ;)
I know my memory can be a little cloudy, but I know for a fact that isn't the case. People here have said on numerous occasions that credible news sources are few and far between. I think the only one I could follow posted up above was the Reuters.

You guys have really got to stop playing this victim card. It's getting old, and didn't do the Democrats any good the last 8 years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Krisken said:
You guys have really got to stop playing this victim card. It's getting old, and didn't do the Democrats any good the last 8 years.
You kidding? It just won them the presidency.

GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Good quip, but you don't really believe that, do you? They won because the Republicans have done their best to look like brain-damaged crash victims.

GasBandit

Staff member
Edrondol said:
GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Being the victim isn't what got the Democrats the white house. That was solely due to the ineptitude of the Republicans.
So you think even Hillary would have won?

Granted the republicans fumbled on their own side of the field, but November 5th everybody wasn't crowing about how awesome it was to have a HALF WHITE president-elect.

Edrondol said:
GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Being the victim isn't what got the Democrats the white house. That was solely due to the ineptitude of the Republicans.
Exactly this.

T

TheBrew

GasBandit said:
Edrondol said:
GasBandit said:
Krisken said:

Granted the republicans fumbled on their own side of the field, but November 5th everybody wasn't crowing about how awesome it was to have a HALF WHITE president-elect.
I think that you are deluding yourself if you think that Hillary wouldn't have won. She would have drawn a lot of votes away from Palin.

I do think that what is happening with Franken is a joke. I've read his books and even as much as I do agree with him politically, he is still a giant idiot.

J

JCM

GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
Espy said:
Well, that kinda rules out every other spoken phrase at Fox....
Corrected that for you. :twisted:

TheBrew said:
GasBandit said:
Edrondol said:
GasBandit said:

I think that you are deluding yourself if you think that Hillary wouldn't have won. She would have drawn a lot of votes away from Palin.

I do think that what is happening with Franken is a joke. I've read his books and even as much as I do agree with him politically, he is still a giant idiot.
Plus the whole economy going in the crapper didn't help the Republicans either.

I think it's funny that Coleman and Franken spent $20+ million each and got 42% of the vote while Barkley spent a whole $70,000 and still got about 15%. I hated watching TV during that campaign, so many stupid ads I wanted to punch the TV. I wish they would just go away.

GasBandit

Staff member
Lamont said:
GasBandit said:
Yes. No question the Obama effect was huge, but I do believe Hillary would have won.
Hillary would have been a rallying cry for republicans. She has been for a long time. Also...

TheBrew said:
If Hillary hadn't lost the primary, I doubt any of us would still have heard of Palin. She was a two pronged attack to energize the turbochristian base, but moreso to lure away disgruntled feminists who had loudly sworn not to vote for Obama if Hillary lost. If Hillary had won the primary, Palin wouldn't have been the GOP Veep nominee.

Obama v McCain :arrow: I voted Obama.

Hillary v McCain :arrow: I would have voted McCain.

T

TheBrew

GasBandit said:
TheBrew said:
If Hillary hadn't lost the primary, I doubt any of us would still have heard of Palin. She was a two pronged attack to energize the turbochristian base, but moreso to lure away disgruntled feminists who had loudly sworn not to vote for Obama if Hillary lost. If Hillary had won the primary, Palin wouldn't have been the GOP Veep nominee.
Exactly. Can you name another VP that would have run better against Hillary? None of the people of the top of my head could have done better. True, Hillary would have riled up the traditional GOP anti-Clinton support, but would that be enough?

IMO, no.

GasBandit

Staff member
TheBrew said:
GasBandit said:
TheBrew said:
Exactly. Can you name another VP that would have run better against Hillary? None of the people of the top of my head could have done better. True, Hillary would have riled up the traditional GOP anti-Clinton support, but would that be enough?

IMO, no.
I think you underestimate. If you were to prop up Barry Goldwater's decaying, maggot-dripping corpse against a podium, it probably would have beaten Hillary.

North_Ranger

Staff member
GasBandit said:
I think you underestimate. If you were to prop up Barry Goldwater's decaying, maggot-dripping corpse against a podium, it probably would have beaten Hillary.
FOOLS!

Don't you know Barry Goldwater wanted to A-bomb little girls on flower fields!? [/joke]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRVD8BnaSpU:2jxjl4hn][/youtube:2jxjl4hn]

GasBandit said:
Krisken said:
GasBandit and TheBrew said:
A bunch of conjecture and uh huh and nuh uh's
Boy, this is fun and all, but not exactly supported or relevant.
Methinks you misjudge the purpose of the thread :heythere:
Whoops, I was expecting discussions, not arguments. My bad, I guess.

Carry on. I'll just watch then. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.