Games on SALE!

It's also what I was leaning towards, but I was afraid you'd say 2 did so many things so much better that there really wasn't any going back or whatever.
Think I'll get myself OS for my birthday tomorrow, than. Hope if lives up to DD.
If you really can't go back after playing 2, that's all the reason to play 1 first.

(Disclaimer: I haven't played 1 yet so I don't know if it's hard to go back after playing 2. Love 2 though, love it to bits.)

I do recommend that you save playing Tactician mode until you've played through normally once, just so you know which bullshit tactics to expect out of the AI. :p

The First One.

D:OS2 is also good. Both can be done either single player or multiplayer, but as combat is turn based, there's a lot of sitting around in multiplayer for people whose turn it isn't. But both are perfectly good single player RPGs in the same vein as say, Baldur's Gate. But if you're squeamish for money and only want to buy one of those three, then start with D:OS EE. It's a good game.

I'm still working my way through Outer Worlds. If your computer isn't very meaty, you might want to hold off on that one for a while. It's rather like Fallout New Vegas, in that it's a first person shooter/conversation simulator with RPG elements.
Outer worlds is the first modern game my laptop has struggled to run, and is also why I haven't played very much of it. Despite having a very beefy gaming PC, I've found I do most of my gaming on my laptop these days

figmentPez

Staff member
Outer worlds is the first modern game my laptop has struggled to run, and is also why I haven't played very much of it. Despite having a very beefy gaming PC, I've found I do most of my gaming on my laptop these days
Stream from your gaming PC to your laptop?

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle has a bundle of some really fantastic games for $25, and 100% of the proceeds goes to the firefighting efforts in Australia.
Damn...
  • Hollow Knight
  • Void Bastards
  • Hand of Fate 2
  • Duck Game
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • Machinarium
And that's just the ones I know are good.

Also of note is the Humble Sweet Farm Bundle, which is basically $10 for Stardew Valley, bundled with some other games. (Yes, there's a $1 tier, and a "beat the average" tier, but the average is over $7, and I've never heard of any of the $1 tier games.)

I really want Void Bastards, but am currently enjoying the post-holiday paying of the credit cards, so no game money for me right now.

I want some of those games and support the koalas, but I simply don't get around to playing enough these days to make it sensible...I'll think about it and maybe next week. I've been meaning to check out Hollow Knight for a while, though...

Huh. Link in my post goes to the base game on Steam’s web store (with stated future release date of Feb 15 like @Frank says) and with two additional DLC items listed below it. Maybe it’s because I’m on tablet? Can’t screenshot nor log into Steam here at work, just gonna have to take my word for it I guess.

—Patrick

I hear Gorn is the better game, but I think I'd be more interested in playing Blade and Sorcery if I ever get a VR rig.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical is having another bundle sale event. Lots of bundles on sale, and a lot of brand new bundles. I'm not sure how much longer it lasts, but there are still new deals going up.

The latest to catch my eye was the Platinum Collection Build-a-Bundle. 3 games for $9.99 and my top pics would be:
- Rain World
- AER Memories of Old
- Book of Demons
but I'm not familiar with most of the games, and there may be other gems in there.

Looks like Steam has ARK on sale until March 9th for just $10? Might finally add it to my library.
Oh, and Mount & Blade is also on deep discount (~80%), if you're into that.

--Patrick