Beat the average:
- Tyranny
- Pillars of Eternity
- Cat Quest

$15 or more
- Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced

Dave

Staff member
Only one I don't have of those that I would try out is Cat Quest. I am still on the fence about paying the average.

Humble RPG Bundle

$1 or more for:
- HIVESWAP: Act 1
- Deep Sky Derelicts
- Immortal Planet

Beat the average:
- Tyranny
- Pillars of Eternity
- Cat Quest

$15 or more
- Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced
I said I wouldn't buy any more games, but then there's Hiveswap. And then they convince me to bump it up to four dollars, which is what, a large latte? And now I have six more games to add to my list of things I haven't played yet. At least with the Humble stuff, I can tell myself that I payed $4 for Hiveswap, and they just handed me a bunch of other games,

Dave

Staff member
Fun fact, I was an alpha tester for that game. Some of the stuff you see in it were my suggestions.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical is having a Bundle Fest right now, and I haven't mentioned it since most of the bundles are mediocre, but there are some deals to be had.

The Square Enix Pick & Mix might be the best deal, with 3 for $8.99 and titles like Just Cause 3, Tomb Raider (2013), and Deus Ex Human Revolution, but a lot of the older titles on the list are also in other bundles for cheaper.

The most interesting indie game selection is the Curve Quest bundle for $4.99, which includes Snake Pass, The Flame in the Flood, The Little Acre, Manual Samuel, and more.

The RPG Pick & Mix bundle offers 5 games for $1.99, and while I don't recognize most of the games, Stories: The Path of Destinies is worth $2, alone.

The Aspyr Pick & Mix is terrible if you want Borderlands games (why wouldn't you just by the Handsome Collection for half the price?), but some of the other offerings like Bioshock Infinite, some Star Wars games, and Sim City 4 might be appealing at 3 for $11.99

The Staff Picks Pick & Mix bundle looks pretty terrible, but Slain: Back from Hell might be worth $1

There are also Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, The Banner Saga, Dying Light, and other bundles that might be appealing.

GasBandit

Staff member
GOG's having a big sale.

Some hand-picked highlights:
Don't Starve for $3.74 (discounts also on various DLC)
Darkest Dungeon for $7.49 (ditto the DLC discounts)
Shortest Trip to Earth also got a tiny discount, but I'm waiting for it to get lower before I buy it.

Epic is trying really hard right now. Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy are both free for a limited time on the Epic Game Store.
ArsTechnica testing said:
The version of Batman: Arkham Knight currently being given awayto users on the Epic Games Store is missing the Denuvo anti-piracy protections still present in the Steam version. But the removal doesn't seem to have had any effect on the performance of the game
source

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
The Humble Postmodern Bundle

I will highly recommend this for the $1 tier, at the very least. Thomas Was Alone is a fantastic experience that I highly recommend.

- $1 -
Beckett
Thomas Was Alone
Rusty Lake Hotel
Yume Nikki

- Beat the Average -
The Stanley Parable
Everything
YUMENIKKI -DREAM DIARY-

- $15 or more -
Catherine Classic

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Monthly is changing to Humble Choice

I am too tired to process all the details, but basically they're switching from getting all of the mystery games, to having different tiers where you get to choose from a number of games, but I'm posting this mainly because existing subscribers will get in on a "Classic" tier that will be cheaper, and give more games, for as long as you maintain that subscription.

Dave

Staff member
Uh...this makes no sense.

Lite ($5/month)

Basic ($15/month)​

Premium ($20/month)​

Classic ($12/month)​

# of games

0​

3​

9​

10​

Choice of games?

N/A​

Yes​

Yes​

Yes​

Humble Trove

Yes​

Yes​

Yes​

Yes​

Humble Store Discount

10%​

10%​

20%​

20%​

Originals and betas?

Limited​

Unlimited​

Unlimited​

Unlimited​

So either you lock yourself in to the Classic or you say fuck it and do none of the above. Fair enough. Guess I'm not doing it.

My problem with the monthly bundles has always been that there are maybe... 1-3 games in the pack that I actually want and if one of those isn't the "big" game, I just don't care. I understand that this is how a lot of indie developers advertise and I wish them well, but I just... don't care about most of them.

$15 a month is fine for a Triple A title. The indie stuff is just a bonus.