Games on SALE!

You guys just can't help making puns simply for the halibut, can you.
Whenever we get tuna roll like this, suddenly everyone gets an ocean to be a starfish and get their re-cetacean in before it’s no longer current and finally conchs out.

Think I had a wet dream
Cruisin’ through the Gulf Stream
OooOooOooOoooooo...

—Patrick

An indie game called Geneshift is free for the next day on Steam. Regular price $10 USD

edit: I'm not sure why my link keeps editing to something that isn't working? Here's an in-line to copy and paste.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/308600/Geneshift/

figmentPez

Staff member
The Steam Winter Sale has begun. Trading cards for voting in the Steam Awards and viewing your queue. Some sort of digital trinkets for clicking on the "totally not an advent calendar" Extremely Cozy Cottage of Surprises. Far too many games on sale to mention.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've got 29 items on my steam wishlist. Only a few of them are on sale more than 30%. The noteworthy sales that meet my "66% off or under $20" threshold are:

Heat Signature - an interesting looking indie space platformer.

Split/Second - a game I pirated back in the day, whose developer is now long since dead, but was probably right up there with Burnout as one of the great arcadey-racing games to grace the platform.

Stein's Gate - an anime VN about the dangers of screwing around with time travel, that inspired the awesome Anime series of the same name.

The Evil Within 2

Anyway, those are the ones I'll probably end up buying this time around - which is more than I've bought in most recent steam sales.

I got my fun out of Heat Signature at full price (it was a gift), definitely recommended at that price. Topdown 2D Superhot with roguelike elements in spaaaaaaaaaaace.

GasBandit

Staff member
I found a few others I'll probably get this time around (though I'm gonna wait til after xmas, because there's a good chance I'll be getting a steam gift card)... and I checked the total in my cart, and for the first time in a long time, this is true again...

edit AND OF COURSE THE GIF DOESN'T ANIMATE, RUINING THE JOKE. THANKS IMGUR

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, and Vermintide 2 is for sale 60% off (down to 12 bucks now), so if you like co-op L4D clones and/or warhammer... this is your chance.

The New Humble Bundle concentrates on "professional photography software". No clue as to how useful or decent this pack is, just wanted to point it out for those of our forumites who might not follow this regularly and might be interested, like @Squidleybits or @evilmike .

Link

figmentPez

Staff member
Has anyone else been collecting Chrono.gg coins? I have been, and have gotten a number of mediocre games from it (and some I haven't played yet, so I don't know how good they are.) The latest game added to the coin shop that caught my eye is Kathy Rain, and I'm having a mixed reaction. On one hand, I used to love adventure games, and I kinda still do, it's just been hard for me to focus on slower paced anything for a while. So if I did get Kathy Rain, it would probably sit around unplayed for a while. If anyone who doesn't have Chrono coins wants the copy I can purchase, I'd be happy to give the key to them.

Dave

Staff member
There's a new free to play game that is like a mix between PUBG & Overwatch. It's only available through Origin, though.

It's called Apex Legends.