Games on SALE!

Honestly, I thought it was just more of the same. I did not play the second one yet. I also hope to play it for free.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Day of the Devs 2018 bundle

I'm really only interested in this one for the $1 tier. Full Throttle Remastered is something I've been waiting for a while to get cheap.

Other notable games from other tiers are: Rime, Hotel Miami 2, Minit, and Hyper Light Drifter. Notable for being a disappointment is Yooka-Laylee.

So, I'm debating getting Shadow of War. With the microtransactions out, it might be worth it.
The base game is €14 now, the Definitive Edition is €25. That's €11 for two extra tribes, the Blade of Galadriel and the Desolation of Mordor. Is that worth it?

GasBandit

Staff member
Any fans of The Ship here? The spiritual successor, Murderous Pursuits, is 100% free on Steam... if you download by the end of the weekend.
I am now running a Murderous Pursuits dedicated server on my server machine. I haven't tested it to see if it works yet.
If the IP/port matters enough to be manually entered or if the server browser isn't such that it will let you find it, the server is halforums-empyrion.com:7787

GasBandit

Staff member
Do you ever plan on changing/shortening the name?

—Patrick
Maybe when my lease on this one is up year after next. But then I'd have to buy a shorter domain name, and I'm not sure what shorter name would be future-proof anyway.

I mean, really, I could buy a shorter name at any time and just point it to the same IP address, but it may be something I do anyway rather than renew the one I have now.

Really I thought you would do the second one (with something more EGS-agnostic) until the first one ran out, then just continue the second one.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, I've got the server working, but basically you can't join dedicated servers from within the game's interface. You have to join via steam's server browser (in steam, pulldown the "view" menu at the top, choose servers, then filter game by "Murderous Pursuits")

Ok, I've got the server working, but basically you can't join dedicated servers from within the game's interface. You have to join via steam's server browser (in steam, pulldown the "view" menu at the top, choose servers, then filter game by "Murderous Pursuits")
Isn't that how The Ship was also?

Ooh, first time a Steam Sale has had a game I wanted on it!

...yeah, yeah, I'm late to the party with BeamNG.drive. Sue me and my crappy graphics.

figmentPez

Staff member
For the console gamers among us: Humble THQ Nordic Playstation Bundle 2, all the games are for PS4 this time.

$1+
Lock's Quest
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Director's Cut

$Beat the Average
This Is the Police
The Dwarves
Red Faction II
Black Mirror
Destroy All Humans! 2

$15+
Titan Quest
Darksiders Warmastered Edition
Sine Mora EX
Battle Chasers: Nightwar

GasBandit

Staff member
As part of the steam halloween sale, Space Beast Terror Fright is on sale for $8.84. It's a co-op procedural FPS I've been wanting to try for quite a while.

Dave

Staff member
Bought a 4-pack. I'll give 2 away here and one on my Stream. Who wants one that will play it with us?

I'm more likely to scream and hide than play it. I am terrible at self guided horror games. I could barely play Subnautica. Gas might find that hilarious though. :p

I wouldn't be around tonight anyways, at the very least. I can also afford it easily if I did randomly think about playing it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm more likely to scream and hide than play it. I am terrible at self guided horror games. I could barely play Subnautica. Gas might find that hilarious though. :p

I wouldn't be around tonight anyways, at the very least. I can also afford it easily if I did randomly think about playing it.
I somehow doubt we'll be playing it tonight, I heard yesterday that today is PUBG day.

But yes, playing horror games with a fraidycat sounds like EXCELLENT twitch fodder.

But really, looking at it, it doesn't look any scarier than your average day in vermintide.