Games on SALE!

Still love me some Planescape, the wartiest masterpiece ever made. Recommended if you have even the slightest tolerance to 25 year old game jank.

GOG is giving away Bloody Hell a bullet hell Metroidvania, to promote their sale on "Boomer Shooters".

Fanatical is having another Bundle Fest but there hasn't been anything really outstanding. Decent deals to be found, but mostly on stuff that's already been bundled many times over.
Getting Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Knight for dirt cheap is pretty good. But as you say, that's been offered before. Still a good deal if someone doesn't own them yet.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical has a pretty good Presitge Collection Build Your Own Bundle, 2 for $15, 3 for $22, 4 for $29

25 titles to choose from, the most notable being:
- Prey (2017) digital deluxe
- Skyrim
- Key We
- Metro Exodus
- Superliminal

There may be other gems in there. I'm not familiar with a lot of the titles, but many have good ratings on Steam.

Fanatical has a pretty good Presitge Collection Build Your Own Bundle, 2 for $15, 3 for $22, 4 for $29

25 titles to choose from, the most notable being:
- Prey (2017) digital deluxe
- Skyrim
- Key We
- Metro Exodus
- Superliminal

There may be other gems in there. I'm not familiar with a lot of the titles, but many have good ratings on Steam.
The only other game I recognize in there that you haven't mentioned is Wasteland 3, which is an isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that's widely considered a strong spiritual successor to Fallout 1 and 2. While I haven't played it myself, it's generally been well received.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Steam Summer Sale has begun!

Reminder that Steam's major sales are rarely the source for the biggest discounts these days. You're likely to find a larger percentage off from 3rd party key sellers (search Is There Any Deal?) and even if you want to buy direct from Steam you'll probably see a deeper discount during a sale at some other time of year.

If you're not looking for the absolute best possible deals, then there's a ton of stuff on sale, as always.

The Dark Souls series is finally on sale after many years of only being available at full price.
The discounts aren't as deep as some previous sales but at least it is something.

figmentPez

Staff member
Well that's a pass
That's understandable, and why I included the information.

For others wondering about Amazon's app:

Pros
  • Games are usually DRM-free and you don't have to have the app open to play them (You'll have to make your own shortcut to the game's actual .exe file, and not use the shortcut the app puts on your desktop.)
  • Lots of games if you have a Prime subscription anyway
  • Games are supposed to stay in your library even if you cancel your Prime, but YMMV.
Cons
  • Games don't get patched (or so I've heard. It probably doesn't matter for something as old as SW:TFU but newer indie games may suffer from being the release version and not having bug fixes / QoL improvements. Reddit comments claim even the game devs can't get Amazon to update the games.)
  • Yet another program to manage games and scatter your library.

I have Prime, so I've been collecting these games. I haven't actually *played* anything using the gaming app yet....but I don't have a lot of time to play games too much anyway these days. I'm just pokemoning them--gotta catch them all.