Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Guys, I have uplay and origin on my computer, and get this? Nothing happened. I expected it to spawn the Antichrist or explode, but nope. It just plays games, weirdly enough. I also have Creative Cloud for my Adobe subscription.
Bet it takes like 3 extra seconds for your computer to boot, though!

GasBandit

Staff member
One day, every single publisher/developer will want you to run (and never shut down!) their own particular distribution/DRM marketplace software, so that you'll basically have to have Steam, Uplay, Origin, and 20 other launchers all open all the time... one for each game you have installed. And I'll blame it on Fade.

fade

Staff member
One day, every single publisher/developer will want you to run (and never shut down!) their own particular distribution/DRM marketplace software, so that you'll basically have to have Steam, Uplay, Origin, and 20 other launchers all open all the time... one for each game you have installed. And I'll blame it on Fade.

And they will all depend on 32-bit libraries and will all die in flames once everybody finally dumps 32-bit support.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
If you never experienced the best sci-fi noir private detective adventure comedy that 1994 had to offer, Under a Killing Moon is on sale now for the low, low price of $2.50.

Edit Thurs: Aaaand the sale's over.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Care Package Bundle
$30+ for the bundle, but 100% goes to charity

27 games, highlights include:
- Stardew Valley
- Darkest Dungeon
- Minecraft Story Mode
- Duck Game
- Machinarium
- Psychonauts

("Why is this in here?" mention goes to Mighty No. 9)

fade

Staff member
Amazon is selling a year of Playstation Now for $60 (normally $100). That's Playstation's Netflix for games. You can play any one of 500+ PS3 or PS4 games for a year. Not a bad deal.

Amazon product

figmentPez

Staff member
A number of sites have already started their "Black Friday" sales. GOG, GamersGate, Fanatical, Green Man Gaming, DL Gamer, Origin, Uplay, Humble Store... almost everyone but Steam (which is expected to start tomorrow.)

GOG.com is giving away MDK for free.

GasBandit

Staff member
A number of sites have already started their "Black Friday" sales. GOG, GamersGate, Fanatical, Green Man Gaming, DL Gamer, Origin, Uplay, Humble Store... almost everyone but Steam (which is expected to start tomorrow.)

GOG.com is giving away MDK for free.
I loved MDK, back in the day. Dunno how well it'll hold up (it ran at like 640x480 and even then the textures were low res and the polygons were jaggy), but it was unique and engaging.

As usual, be careful what you buy where. Prices vary greatly, and you have choices to make. I ended up picking up Tyranny finally...on Steam, through GMG, with a voucher, and ended up paying €14. It's on sale for €16.79 on Steam, or €15.30 on GOG. And they're all "60% off".

Hmm, Wolfenstein II isn't on sale. Wolfenstein II *with season pass* is. Is this going to be a thing now? Are companies going to stop offering the base game for sale in order to try and get you to buy the season pass? Because I do not like this new development.

Hmm, Wolfenstein II isn't on sale. Wolfenstein II *with season pass* is. Is this going to be a thing now? Are companies going to stop offering the base game for sale in order to try and get you to buy the season pass? Because I do not like this new development.
That game also just came out, I'm not surprised to see it isn't on sale yet.

fade

Staff member
I got a 5 spot says fade doesn't like it.
Well... So far we've got a 2000s movie fairly generic CGI monster movie plot, a character who I cannot tell is a little girl or a dwarf, and a combat system that requires a procedure manual. I'll give it more time, of course, but as of yet I'm not all that impressed.

So, I have a bunch of family coming over for the xmas holidays, and I have a few of those Jackbox games. So I was researching how to get those games to stream to the big tv.

Steam Link is on sale, 90% off. $4.99 instead of $49.99

So, I have a bunch of family coming over for the xmas holidays, and I have a few of those Jackbox games. So I was researching how to get those games to stream to the big tv.

Steam Link is on sale, 90% off. $4.99 instead of $49.99

It was $10 when I bought it, and I haven't regretted it since. Best ten bucks I ever spent.

Also, just fyi, it supports most bluetooth controllers natively, including xbox one and ps4 controllers. Though, you may need to plug in a usb keyboard and mouse for initial setup and pairing them (unless you have a steam controller)

I bought the Steam Link for $15, like a chump.

Need advice: Witcher 3: GOTY edition for $20 on steam or $16 on PS4? Sounds like $4 for the two expansions is a no-brainer, just hoping my PC can handle it.

I bought the Steam Link for $15, like a chump.

Need advice: Witcher 3: GOTY edition for $20 on steam or $16 on PS4? Sounds like $4 for the two expansions is a no-brainer, just hoping my PC can handle it.
GotY, no question. Plus, unless it's been patched, I heard the PS4 version doesn't run as smoothly.

I wish these Steam link and controller deals extended to Canada.