Funny (political, religious) pictures

"The free market should decide."

"Okay we want fair wages and will withhold our labor till we get it."

"No not like that!"

I get the need for bailouts because if a company goes under, a lot of people will lose jobs and the overall economy can suffer, but we need the government to give stipulations for aid. Use the aid to prop up wages? Great. Use the money to give executives another bonus for the year or do stock buybacks? Fuck no. We have to stop signing blank checks for these people just to keep their stockholders happy so the stock market stays above water. We can't sustain this model forever.

Yup. It's been like that for ages.
I remember back in the late nineties of early oughts a car manufacturing plant closed. They'd received over 100 million in subsidies and support to keep people employed and not live the plant overseas etc. They moved anyway, and it was afterwards calculated that per job "saved" , the government spent over €50.000 per year. In other words, it would've been far cheaper to let the plant relocate and just pay all those peeps their full wages in lieu of unemployment. But of course there were no provisions the company could be held to to return the money or keep the place open.

Big money is big power, and we're slowly reverting back to a pre-WWI type of classist hypercapitalism.
Obviously the Soviets were bad and awful, to be clear, but the way the right managed to make the whole of the USA - and then the rest of the world - believe anything social is bad remains one of the finest abuses of propaganda available.

we need the government to give stipulations for aid.
Ha ha, you’re too late.
The existing aid mechanisms are now being overseen by people who have infected and perverted them, commandeering them like Cordyceps into yet another pathway to funnel government money into already-wealthy pockets. You have to remember that these are the same people who legitimately believe only people who are already successful should ever be entitled to any aid, and that those who have not been successful all deserve to wither and die.

—Patrick

They apparently continued talking shit to their rescuers after bring brought on board. No thank yous, AND continued talking shit.

If it was me, I would've been like, "Welp, you can say that stuff in the water. Get out."

They apparently continued talking shit to their rescuers after bring brought on board. No thank yous, AND continued talking shit.

If it was me, I would've been like, "Welp, you can say that stuff in the water. Get out."
That's illegal.
Sending them a $50.000 bill for services and wear on their boat etc etc, isn't.

Yeah I'm not saying they should've left them for dead (though it would've been no loss) but I certainly wouldn't save those people.

“Revel in the annihilation of Man as the image of God.”
Someone apparently forgot that God’s true gender cannot be so narrowly defined.
Also I expect this will sweep through Tumblr like a fire in dry grass.

—Patrick