Funny (political, religious) pictures

The seesaw art installation was taken down by unamused border patrol agents.
Since art is considered free speech, and the border wall is, to my knowledge, on public federal land that isn't considered a military base or whatever...on what grounds? Removing those might well be unconstitutional.

Pell grants are given to people with economic need. It doesn't need to be repaid but is generally not a lot of money so the student still needs another form of income - usually student loans. What Kamala is proposing is a student loan debt forgiveness program for those who received Pell grants and also took out loans, then had to open a business and STAY in business for at least 3 years in a low income area. Opening a business ANYWHERE is a challenge, but throw in the other particulars and you have a program that'll be used by about 1 person in our lifetime.

Pell grants have been getting narrower and narrower in scope and fewer and fewer people are getting them as a result.
Yeah, i was asking rhetorically...

Well sure, if you're eating meatless burgers made entirely out of RNA, maybe.
But who would do that*?

--Patrick
*besides White Castle, that is.

Dave

Staff member
Neil, I want to like you, I really do. But god damn if the celebrity hasn't gone to your head. You used to be cool now you're a pedantic dick.

Neil, I want to like you, I really do. But god damn if the celebrity hasn't gone to your head. You used to be cool now you're a pedantic dick.
For me it’s the atheistic proselytizing. We get it, Neil. You’re not a fan of Religion. But being Atheist doesn’t make you better than everyone else. Expend more effort instilling wonder in your audience and less on bashing the Church. It’s what Sagan would’ve wanted.

—Patrick

I see it as kinda inspiring, knowing that someone as intelligent and well educated as Neil can also be ridiculously dumb.

"I got a Molotov cocktail
With a match to go
I'll smoke those hogs with style
An I can tell you honey
You gonna smell that bacon tonight”

--Patrick

Just wanted to chime in that the Neil tweet really, really dissapointed me. I usually like Neil, but his tweet was so tone death I lost a lot of respect for him.