Funny (political, religious) pictures

To be fair, sick days, retirement fund and health care aren't considered benefits in most of the world - they're basics for everyone. :p

There you go, now it belongs in the political thread :awesome:

Not sure why this is in the political thread, but essentially the dude lied?
To be fair, sick days, retirement fund and health care aren't considered benefits in most of the world - they're basics for everyone. :p

There you go, now it belongs in the political thread :awesome:
^That but unironically.

The idea that the outcome of this (a government agency using the threat of punishment for violating labor laws to cause a job to provide better benefits to an employee) is a good thing is quite controversial among the more "fiscally conservative" in the US. Hence the politics thread.

Dave

Staff member
But the whole thing was a lie. He has benefits. So the agency was basically just going to do its job by looking into it. This isn't political at all. It's about a guy who used Twitter to lie about a company. I'd fire the guy.

Read my next post.

Dave

Staff member
No, he tried to violate labor laws (40 hours with no benefits) and got busted for it, and backpedaled.
Okay, so let me look at this again. So the guy was POSTING a job and saying no benefits? Okay. Now I get it. I thought he was an employee or something.

Dave

Staff member
What confused me was the EA part. I have no idea who the dude is and he's not a part of Electronic Arts. Maybe next time add some damned context to the post?

GasBandit

Staff member
What confused me was the EA part. I have no idea who the dude is and he's not a part of Electronic Arts. Maybe next time add some damned context to the post?
Twitter's always been pretty shit for context, yeah.

In this case, EA means "Executive Assistant," I think.

Dave

Staff member
More clarification on the EA/Tamarkin thing. The whole post is here without the one that he deleted that was posted before. It's not "Executive Assistant" but "Editorial Assistant". And benefits were not available until the government got involved. So now I see the link to this thread but I still think a little context would have been helpful for everyone.

I don't know. I feel this one is even more problematic since the guy didn't do it because he "liked" PewDiePie or supported him. He did it because he knew doing such would cause a lot of division once people started blaming PDP and others came to his defense. He wrote down all his intentions in his manifesto the police uncovered.

You know who did inspire him though? You can probably guess. Starts with a T.

Dave

Staff member
What gets me is he was talking about Trump and he said something to the effect of he likes the fact that he's an unabashed white nationalist but that he does NOT like his leadership or policy decisions.

What gets me is he was talking about Trump and he said something to the effect of he likes the fact that he's an unabashed white nationalist but that he does NOT like his leadership or policy decisions.
This is a guy that feels whites need to rise up to cement power, and was willing to gun down a mosque because of it.

The only reason he dislikes Trump's leadership and policy is because Trump is not getting enough done to ensure white superiority again.