Funny (political, religious) pictures

You already know that Patriotism is one of our country's highest priorities right now.
THIS WILL NOT STAND!
...wait.

--Patrick

Disingenuous. One is saying that America "used to be" great and can be again, the other asserts it is inherently evil.
Says the guy who stand virtually no chance of getting shot by the police while merely existing. Or having his neighborhood targeted by bogus voter ID laws.

GasBandit

Staff member
Says the guy who stand virtually no chance of getting shot by the police while merely existing. Or having his neighborhood targeted by bogus voter ID laws.
It's still false equivalence. The comic is trying to assert both people are saying the same thing, when they are not.

GasBandit

Staff member
Logic doesn't see color. And you're starting to sound pretty racist yourself, there. You know, trying to disqualify someone from an argument because they're a certain color?

Sounds downright... Charlie.

Logically, if the issue is about how those in authority tend to be of one color, and how they treat people of another color, well, color will be germaine to the discussion, since, you know, it's the fucking crux of the issue and all. It's not racist to point out that, as a white person living in a place where white people are the majority and hold the bulk of the political and economic power, you will have a qualitatively difference experience than a black person - it's the entire point.

And invoking Charlie? Come on, you're better than that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Logically, if the issue is about how those in authority tend to be of one color, and how they treat people of another color, well, color will be germaine to the discussion, since, you know, it's the fucking crux of the issue and all. It's not racist to point out that, as a white person living in a place where white people are the majority and hold the bulk of the political and economic power, you will have a qualitatively difference experience than a black person - it's the entire point.

And invoking Charlie? Come on, you're better than that.
I wasn't talking about the issues, I was talking about the argument presented by the comic. The comic is attempting to say that the audience is hypocritical because the same message is being delivered by Trump and Kaepernick, when that is not true. They are two very different messages. Which one you actually agree with is immaterial to the argument because the argument the comic makes is logically invalid.

I wasn't talking about the issues, I was talking about the argument presented by the comic. The comic is attempting to say that the audience is hypocritical because the same message is being delivered by Trump and Kaepernick, when that is not true. They are two very different messages. Which one you actually agree with is immaterial to the argument because the argument the comic makes is logically invalid.
And now that you've explained it, it ain't even funny.:(