Funny (political, religious) pictures

You have to admit, the White House is pretty boring-looking compared to many others worldwide, or even your Congress Buildings. Some spires, domes, etc, would spiff it up. The British Parliament isn't much better, but at least it has Big Ben.

:p
Shouldn't the comparison be to 10 Downing Street there?

Shouldn't the comparison be to 10 Downing Street there?
Depends, does the British Cabinet meet at Downing Street, or is it just the official residence, like 24 Sussex Drive in Canada where he lives, and nothing else? The White House is both residence and place of government, whereas in Canada 24 Sussex is just a house. What's 10 Downing Street like?

Quick wiki: 10 Downing Street. That does indeed seem to be a fair comparison to the White House for governmental function. And ya, sucks MUCH worse from the exterior.

figmentPez

Staff member
spending money on pricey produce like avocados for avocado toast.
... my local store has avocados for 79¢. That means half an avocado on some toast is cheaper than a bowl of cereal (which, previously, millenials got in trouble for not eating).

I don't know where the hell this guy is paying $19 for avocado, but it sure as hell ain't here.

... my local store has avocados for 79¢. That means half an avocado on some toast is cheaper than a bowl of cereal (which, previously, millenials got in trouble for not eating).

I don't know where the hell this guy is paying $19 for avocado, but it sure as hell ain't here.
Holy shit, 79¢ for an avocado?! That's amazing. They're like $1.40 around here, which really starts to add up after a while.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sorry, but that's just Cali for you.
Ehhh even my local kroger's got em for $1.40, I just checked.

Maybe there's an avocado price war in Houston or something.

Though, it's common knowledge if you want the good prices on produce in Houston, you gotta go to the Fiesta stores in the barrio.

figmentPez

Staff member
Holy shit, 79¢ for an avocado?! That's amazing. They're like $1.40 around here, which really starts to add up after a while.
That is a sale price. An article I read said the national average is $1.25, but the price has been going up lately. Lots of demand.

My wife loves them. She recently picked up a bunch at 25c/ea from the local Kroger, since they were going bad soon (i.e. ripe and perfect for eating).