Funny (political, religious) pictures

fade

Staff member
Deadspin got NO chill.

I saw this on Imgur, along with a lot of insults to his intelligence. I mean, I may disagree with the guy's politics, but he is literally a certified genius. In fact, he and Carson are proof you can be intelligent and stupid at the same time.

Dave

Staff member
Wait, if Ted Cruz plays basketball why did he think it was called a ring?
...because some people have holes in their knowledge? Haven't you ever said something and everyone looked at you like you were nuts and THAT'S how you found out something you thought was one thing was another?

I found out I didn't know how to pronounce "archipelago" or "rapport" correctly until I said the word in a crowd of people who laughed at me.

GasBandit

Staff member
...because some people have holes in their knowledge? Haven't you ever said something and everyone looked at you like you were nuts and THAT'S how you found out something you thought was one thing was another?

I found out I didn't know how to pronounce "archipelago" or "rapport" correctly until I said the word in a crowd of people who laughed at me.
Oh my god, did you say "Archy puh-loggo?" That's how Pauline used to say it and I didn't correct her because I thought it was cute. I changed how *I* said it to the same incorrect way so she wouldn't catch on.

Oh my god, did you say "Archy puh-loggo?" That's how Pauline used to say it and I didn't correct her because I thought it was cute. I changed how *I* said it to the same incorrect way so she wouldn't catch on.
Might be helped by the fact that that's more or less the proper way to pronounce that in Dutch.

Dave

Staff member
No, I would say "ark-ih-pe-LAH-go" instead of "ARE-kih-pel-a-go". I put the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble.

We had a waitress once who told us the salad special came with gore-GAN-zu-lu cheese. We tried to explain it to her gently, but I'm sure it's something she still remembers to this day.
No, I would say "ark-ih-pe-LAH-go" instead of "ARE-kih-pel-a-go". I put the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble.
Also it's ark-ih-PEL-a-go.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
We had a waitress once who told us the salad special came with gore-GAN-zu-lu cheese. We tried to explain it to her gently, but I'm sure it's something she still remembers to this day.

Also it's ark-ih-PEL-a-go.

--Patrick
I EVEN LOOKED THAT UP! Damn it!