Funny (political, religious) pictures

1000 Halforumites?

*sigh*

I see I've slided into the wrong alternate dimension yet again. I'm never getting home, am I? what else is wrong with this one. Russia rules America now, maybe, eh? Or a Cromag is running for President? Why is there never a nice alternate dimension?
I dunno, I ended up here from my dimension and decided to stick around. Can you imagine people are still allowed to own their own cars here? And this place has a thing called "paid leave"!

I dunno, I ended up here from my dimension and decided to stick around. Can you imagine people are still allowed to own their own cars here? And this place has a thing called "paid leave"!
Cars? Ugh. I left a robust public transit system with free luxury monorails. I used to play billiards on my way to work in the bar car, or watch a movie in the theatre car, buy a new suit in the mall car, party in the club car. Hell, if I wanted to rent a room in the hotel car, I'd never have needed to leave that thing.

. . . but the switch back to Standard Time has almost always been earlier than Election Day. Maybe every single time - I believe only if there's been a Tuesday November 2nd election since 2007 (I don't feel like looking that up) would this not be the case.

Before 2007, the switch occured in October.

Gruepedant awaaaaaay!

(As you would have guessed, Gruepedant is too lazy to go into the detail that steinpedant would)

. . . but the switch back to Standard Time has almost always been earlier than Election Day. Maybe every single time - I believe only if there's been a Tuesday November 2nd election since 2007 (I don't feel like looking that up) would this not be the case.

Before 2007, the switch occured in October.

Gruepedant awaaaaaay!

(As you would have guessed, Gruepedant is too lazy to go into the detail that steinpedant would)
And nobody understands whyyou had to change it and then do it so illogically. Not getting into the is-DST-useful-or-not debate, you might've considered changing over on the same day as most of the rest of the world who uses DST - the last weekend of October, always Sunday morning.[DOUBLEPOST=1477519731,1477519655][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't doubt that Putin knows some great jokes
Trump, for one...

And nobody understands whyyou had to change it and then do it so illogically. Not getting into the is-DST-useful-or-not debate, you might've considered changing over on the same day as most of the rest of the world who uses DST - the last weekend of October, always Sunday morning.
It was theoretically to save energy, but it didn't actually matter.

It was theoretically to save energy, but it didn't actually matter.
It has made a difference, in a number of ways, but the difference is small, and in recent studies negligible. However, one interesting study found the following positive benefit:

By analyzing 28 years of U.S. automobile crash data, RAND Corporation economists and their colleagues suggest that a 1986 change in federal daylight saving time law—which moved the start of daylight time from the last Sunday in April to the first—produced an 8 to 11 percent drop in crashes involving pedestrians and a 6 to 10 percent dip in crashes for vehicular occupants.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-daylight-saving-times-save-energy/

I was referring to the extension in 2007, which if anything has increased energy usage.
One study in one state showed an increase in energy consumption of 1%.

Another study, performed nationally after the most recent change, showed a decrease of 0.5%.

These studies may have an error that's greater than the increase or decrease, and what you'll find is that some organizations and individuals will push one study and not the other based on their personal or organizational bias.

At best you might be able to say that it's unclear whether DST saves energy or not, but as I've shown up above regarding automobile accidents there may be other benefits, including the additional hours of daylight after work that people seem to enjoy.