Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

It sounds so fucking ridiculous that I wonder if it's fake. Then again, your college story makes me wonder if anyone is actually dense enough to do this.
Had I not lived it, right down to her thinking if I brought a guy home they might rob her, I'd assume it was a joke, too.

THIS. This is my fucking campus experience at lunch time. I can ether pay $6 for a hamburger that used to be a frozen patty on Campus, pay the usual for the crap from McDonalds/Wendy's/Wafflehouse, or I can go to the three fucking vegan burger shops that sprung up and pay $14 for an (admittedly good for vegan) hamburger and fries. Christ.

THIS. This is my fucking campus experience at lunch time. I can ether pay $6 for a hamburger that used to be a frozen patty on Campus, pay the usual for the crap from McDonalds/Wendy's/Wafflehouse, or I can go to the three fucking vegan burger shops that sprung up and pay $14 for an (admittedly good for vegan) hamburger and fries. Christ.
That's so unreasonable.

I've only been to one burger place where the burgers were worth $14, but even they only charged $12.

The Red Robin near work closed.
I felt bad for the employees, but was not sorry to see the death of the $15 hamburger deluxe meal.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Man... I used to love eating burgers at Red Robin when I lived in Colorado Springs.

But it was mostly because I got a Long Island Iced Tea with my burger, and they made them EXTRA fuckin' strong. Woooooo!

GasBandit

Staff member
No burger is worth $18 unless it comes with fries, a drink, and an extra burger, fries, and drink. And even then, it has to be a spectacular burger. Maybe I'm just spoiled from living in beef country.

No burger is worth $18 unless it comes with fries, a drink, and an extra burger, fries, and drink. And even then, it has to be a spectacular burger. Maybe I'm just spoiled from living in beef country.
Well yeah. Hard to be worth $18 when you can't eat more than 3 bites.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well yeah. Hard to be worth $18 when you can't eat more than 3 bites.
Smartass :p I meant before the surgery even!

A fancy burger will go for anything between 10 and 25 euros.
Mad Cow disease effects, I'm guessing? That and everything's just more expensive in Europe in general.

I myself start to get grumpy if a burger goes over $6 (or at least I did, when I was still eating burgers).

I happily paid $15/burger for the garbage burgers at Brady’s Tavern. It was a once-every-month-or-two kinda thing Kati and I would do. We would each get one and split a whole order of sweet potato fries between us. I would happily pay that much for one right now, in fact.

—Patrick

typical internet
(jesus christ that's a big picture)...anyway, I can be happy knowing I got more Reddit points (8.4K) than he got Imgur points ;)

Me and the fincée, every damn day... :)
Pretty much the same with me and my wife. She'll ask, "What are you laughing at?" And I'll think to myself, "I can explain it, but first I need to describe the plotlines of two different video games, list the origins of three different movie quotes, and run through all the things that went wrong when Gavrilo Princip assassinated the Archduke." And then I say, "It's hard to explain."

Pretty much the same with me and my wife. She'll ask, "What are you laughing at?" And I'll think to myself, "I can explain it, but first I need to describe the plotlines of two different video games, list the origins of three different movie quotes, and run through all the things that went wrong when Gavrilo Princip assassinated the Archduke." And then I say, "It's hard to explain."
We've reached the point where I say "Something online", and she knows what that means.

Like, for example...

And that's an easy one that at least might be seen in a humorous way without knowing the möth meme at all...

I will never again feel dumb for not getting an internet meme.

Yeah I just say 用中文给你解释讲不出来 or thereabouts when it's starting to stretch my vocab. You can be assured Jun just LOVES it when I use that excuse.