Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm just wondering how they're supposed to design a container that dispenses liquid such that it does not resemble any other efficient designs for dispensing liquid.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm just wondering how they're supposed to design a container that dispenses liquid such that it does not resemble any other efficient designs for dispensing liquid.
I mean, really, there was nothing wrong with the big dopey ass bottles with the ridiculous ribbed cup caps. I suppose you could just stick a spigot in the side of one of those if you they were so inclined.

GasBandit

Staff member
Tide is just doing Darwin's work for him.
The ol' "The problem is too many stupid people. I'm not saying we should make stupidity illegal, but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem sort itself out" situation, eh?

figmentPez

Staff member
I mean, really, there was nothing wrong with the big dopey ass bottles with the ridiculous ribbed cup caps. I suppose you could just stick a spigot in the side of one of those if you they were so inclined.
"Nothing" except that those bottles use more material in their packaging, and don't ship as easily for online orders.

"The version uses 60% less plastic than shipping an equivalent 150 ounce bottle of Tide since it doesn't require additional layers of cardboard boxing or bubble wrap. It's lighter and takes up less space in a delivery truck." - source

Tide is just doing Darwin's work for him.
Oh. I got a pitch for a Television show!

So, it's kinda like Quantum Leap but our protagonist, named Darwin, lingers in the background of his host's mind, subtly manipulating him. This is called Creeping, and Darwin creeps into the minds of people who are about to die tragic death. The goal, though, isn't to save them. That would fuck with the timeline. Instead, Darwin must attempt to transform their tragic death into comic farce for the entertainment of the TV audience of the future.

I call it Darwin's Creep

I call it Darwin's Creep
I don’t wanna wait
For their lives to be over
I’ll climb inside their heads
Maliciouslyyyyy

I’m-a gonna make
All of ‘em diiiie for this show
We’re gonna have the best
Show on teeveeee
You’ll seee...

Do doot doo do do do
Do doot doo do do do

...I’ve never seen Dawson’s Creek

—Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Someone really should have maybe reconsidered these christmas displays during the approval phase.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, until now I never knew exactly what it was she says there.

--Patrick
"It's a fair cop" was a running gag on Flying Circus.

But yeah, when I was young I thought she was saying "This is a fair court" sarcastically. It took a lot more watching FC (and reading up on British idioms) to realize my mistake.

I've often pitched this concept, except it's a Dynasty Warriors-esque take on the American Revolution with things like Benjamin Franklin electrocuting guys with a kite and George Washington chopping up guys with an axe. I think it'd sell.
Have...have you been spying on our house? Because Mr. Z and I proposed that exact thing years ago.