Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Dave

Staff member
Wow, I’m impressed. You even took the dickishness to a new level by renaming the picture file.

Well done.

Jerk.

You even took the dickishness to a new level by renaming the picture file.
Unless I'm sneaking something in at work via mobile, I always (re)name the picture file something relevant. It's just usually not so prominently on display. Think of it as an easter egg. ;)

--Patrick

Linked info is not available in my region, so.... ???
An American missionary went to north sentinel island, home of the sentilese. They are basically a totally isolated tribe that kills any outsider on site. In a shocking turn of events, he was killed. However, since they're so isolated, people believe their immune systems are severely underdeveloped so rescue crews tried to retrieve the body so they wouldn't get sick and wiped out. However, they've now determined that the potential damage from continuing to try to get his corpse outweighs the risks from leaving it there.

An American missionary went to north sentinel island, home of the sentilese. They are basically a totally isolated tribe that kills any outsider on site. In a shocking turn of events, he was killed. However, since they're so isolated, people believe their immune systems are severely underdeveloped so rescue crews tried to retrieve the body so they wouldn't get sick and wiped out. However, they've now determined that the potential damage from continuing to try to get his corpse outweighs the risks from leaving it there.
And, in a move that surprises no one, many christian groups are calling for the tribe to be wiped out for killing the idiot. Because it's clearly their fault, after they simply threw his ass out twice before.

And, in a move that surprises no one, many christian groups are calling for the tribe to be wiped out for killing the idiot. Because it's clearly their fault, after they simply threw his ass out twice before.
I admit, I missed that part of it. I was under the impression that they just kill everyone immediately (which given the history of colonialism, is probably a smart move).

I also haven't seen people calling for them to be killed, but that's monstrous.

I admit, I missed that part of it. I was under the impression that they just kill everyone immediately (which given the history of colonialism, is probably a smart move).

I also haven't seen people calling for them to be killed, but that's monstrous.
I've seen reports that they've chased him away before, shooting arrows at him every time he approached. Even if you don't speak the language, that's a pretty universal message of "fuck off"

God was testing him.
But God wasn’t specific on whether the test was about getting them to accept him or getting him to accept defeat and move on.

Mr. Missionary chose... poorly.

—Patrick

The funny part is his own family released a statement saying it was their son's fault and no retaliation should be taken against the Sentilese.

Dave

Staff member
I sort of remember it. It's hysterical. Mine was just "Turbo" because I had just gotten out of the service and that was my nickname there.

I remember all of mine, nothing too awful, though one of them betrayed my (at the time) basic grasp of English. I started using Denbrought around age 10-12, and of my "main" handles it's #3 of 4, chronologically (though obviously I still use it quite a bit).