Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

There are some actual journal articles out there on why women are attracted to assholes. Being an asshole is a sign of social potential. A dick has a chance at becoming the alpha silverback.
And the alpha silverback has the greatest chance at being the dick.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Dear sir or madam;

I do not think there was enough public input when the new playground equipment was being sourced.

Sincerely, John Q. Taxpayer

I'm confused.

I can explain this. In Chinese, owls are known as "cat-headed eagles" (貓頭鷹). This appears to be some Chinese netizen photoshopping cat heads onto raptor bodies, as a literal representation of what a cat-headed eagle would look like.

For those who don't know: the TDP of this thousand-dollar processor is 140W. Most consumer processors tend to be about 95W.
This means running a computer with a 7900X inside under your desk is like running one of those personal space heaters, especially if you have it paired with an overclocked top-end graphics card (which tend to have TDPs in the low 200's).

--Patrick

Hey now, let's not be dramatic. A personal space heater is usually around 1,500W.

That said, it's hard to move even 140W out of the tiny silicon die, though these are hardly the first prosumer processors that have that tdp.

Hey now, let's not be dramatic. A personal space heater is usually around 1,500W.
That said, it's hard to move even 140W out of the tiny silicon die, though these are hardly the first prosumer processors that have that tdp.
Personal space heaters are usually less. I've seen radiant ones that draw only 100-150W. And once you add the GPU, etc, your killer rig is probably dissipating > 550W into your footwell. Keeps those toes toasty.

--Patrick

Kohlkopfstrasse - cabbage head street. Either they used to sell produce here, or the residents were a bit, you know, off.